Request for model export from fbx to bob/bod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Corvis
x4

Request for model export from fbx to bob/bod

Post by Alex Corvis » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 19:57

Hi there,

long ago I used to create some X3 ships from models I found online using gmax (and sometimes even blender). But after years of not doing anything with these 3D programs, I don't understand them anymore.
As a Expanse enthusiast I always wanted to fly the Tachi through the hub. Now I found a perfekt model on sketchfab where only the turrets would have to be removed and later be replaced by X3 turrets:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/mcrn-ta ... 7afe1498d2
I can provide the model if neccessary.

So, is there anybody who would be willing to export that model to the common X3 bob/bod format (or at least to a gmax file)?

Kind regards
Alex

X-Raptor

Re: Request for model export from fbx to bob/bod

Post by X-Raptor » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 09:50

Hi Alex, Maybe there's an online service somewhere to export 3D models to Gmax ? :gruebel: I'm not sure

That's a cool Ship by the way, and its guns/turrets are awesome too :D

Axeface
x4

Re: Request for model export from fbx to bob/bod

Post by Axeface » Fri, 16. Oct 20, 18:35

The old methods are so very complicated and problematic... 3dsmax is a no go for obvious reasons, and just to install the free gmax I need to register with all my details which im not going to do - so dbox itself is pretty much off limits. I want to get one of the ships i made for X3 into X4.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”