Modded Engine Enhancements Not Working

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lyonhaart001

Modded Engine Enhancements Not Working

Post by lyonhaart001 » Tue, 3. Nov 20, 03:24

Hey all,

So I made a script that adds 2000 Engine Enhancement tune to my 'Players Ship'. On my other ships, it works fine. But on the abandoned Split Vanguard, a purchased used ship, and a ship I ordered from a factory in a Split sector, the ships will not take the tune and can only max out at like 98, or 150, etc... I tried emptying some of the freight (avionics and things) and tried the tune again... 4,000, 6,000, 8,000 percent engine tunes... Nada... Same slow speed.

Can I take the ship in a hanger, rip the engine out and order new engines for these? heh heh... no...

Whats up? Why do some ships not have the ability to go over certain speeds? The Jump drive works... The high speed mode works.... <j-key> But not 'pure speed' enhancement....?

Many thanks for any advice.

lyonhaart001

Re: Modded Engine Enhancements Not Working

Post by lyonhaart001 » Tue, 3. Nov 20, 03:53

Wow... Maybe my game has been infected or has a bug. Ships that were just working fine are now also not going to Modded speeds. :(

I am playing the Steam version. I guess I could delete the game and reinstall it. I need my Split freighters that go outrageous speeds.... Its the entire game for me. :(

lyonhaart001

Post by lyonhaart001 » Fri, 6. Nov 20, 02:45

No one knows?

:(

Anyone want to buy some faulty Split freighters that cant go fast?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Nov 20, 18:57

Two possibilites I can think of:
1) There may be a hardcoded limit of the maximum speed a ship can have. If I remember correctly Engine tunings always give 10 % speed increase (10 % of the base speed of the ship the engine tuning is installed in). If you have a very fast ship to begin with, for example from the M5 or M4 class, you will hit that limit sooner than with a freighter.
2) The way the game calculates the speed increase may not work with such high input numbers. Again due to the dependence on the ship's base speed this effect may only be visible on faster ships. A way to test this would be to decrease the number of tunings you install at once (for example to 100) and run the script a couple of times (or use a while loop).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 22:53

lyonhaart001 wrote:
Tue, 3. Nov 20, 03:53
Wow... Maybe my game has been infected or has a bug. Ships that were just working fine are now also not going to Modded speeds. :(

I am playing the Steam version. I guess I could delete the game and reinstall it. I need my Split freighters that go outrageous speeds.... Its the entire game for me. :(
Although it should not affect ship tunings in save files, steam had a habbit of ironing over modded files... at least in the past.
2000 engine tunings sounds way too much though (as in breaking the game code).
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”