BBS Mod TC/AP, no keybind? - Resolved.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sosaythedice
x3ap

BBS Mod TC/AP, no keybind? - Resolved.

Post by Sosaythedice » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 16:55

So I wanted to use all the guild mods (Bounty hunter, smuggler, mercenary, etc) but many of them require the bbs to join said guilds, so I found a mod/script/addon (Not sure what the difference is) that adds the bbs to Albion prelude. The instructions were very easy and clear, just unzip and copy both folders to Terrain Conflict root directory. The instructions also say you need to set a keybind which should show up under "interface" in control settings. My problem is I did everything mentioned above, but there is no keybind for the bbs showing up in the settings.

I'm pretty new at modding X3, but all the other mods I've used have been really easy to install. I have no idea what went wrong with this one. Help anyone?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: BBS Mod TC/AP, no keybind?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 17:02

Which game are you playing? If you're playing X3AP, then you need to install scripts and mods to the "addon" subdirectoy within the X3 Terran Conflict root folder.

Also regarding the scripts you downloaded, are you sure they were created for X3TC or X3AP, and not for X3R? The interaction requirement with the BBS suggests that these scripts were created for X3: Reunion, which means they are not compatible with X3TC/AP without further adjustments. To my knowledge there's also no way to reenable the BBS from X3R in X3TC/AP. So even if you've got a script that adds a BBS to the game, it will be a different one and scripts would have to be adjusted either way.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sosaythedice
x3ap

Post by Sosaythedice » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 17:42

I'm playing AP, but now I'm not sure if it was created for AP or not. I assumed it was because I'm pretty sure the guild mods are created for TC and AP and from what I understand they don't work without the BBS. I don't know it's all very unclear. Also I didn't see anything on the mod page about needing anything other than what I downloaded. I read over and over and it really sounded like all you had to do was what I mentioned above. If your right though I have no idea how to add scripts.

After rereading the post I'm thinking maybe it's only for reunion which is a shame because I really like AP and everyone seems to think TC and AP are better. Not sure why though, I'm still pretty new to this game.

Here is the mod in question viewtopic.php?t=260555 Could you take a look? I'm hoping someone who is more experienced or has used this mod might be able to make more sense of all this.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 17:53

This post in that thread seems to indicate that it does work with X3AP if properly installed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sosaythedice
x3ap

Post by Sosaythedice » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 17:57

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 12. Nov 20, 17:53
This post in that thread seems to indicate that it does work with X3AP if properly installed.
Wow, I have no idea what I did wrong then. I guess I'll just have to take another look, Hopefully something will come to me. I'll let you guys know if I have any further questions. Thanks a lot!

Sosaythedice
x3ap

Post by Sosaythedice » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 18:09

Okay, still not showing up. It's a very simple install, so I really don't think I did anything wrong. I'm using steam, and currently I only have X3AP installed, do you think maybe I have to have TC as well? The mod was made for TC from what I understand after reading more carefully, but, as someone else pointed out, it should also work for X3AP. I'm really at a loss here. I might just give up at this point, Game is good as it is anyway. I also might try X3 reunion which already has the Galactic news anyway. Idk if the guild mods work for Reunion though.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 18:45

X3AP uses the core files for X3TC and so modding X3TC in the root X3TC gamefile folder where the X3AP addon folder exists may work for you. You might have to fully install X3TC friom Steam first though - but I am not sure about all that. At least then you can independently verify the X3TC and X3AP installations should you wish to.

That said, it is more usual to put the correct mod files in the correct formats directly into the addon folder when used with X3AP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sosaythedice
x3ap

Post by Sosaythedice » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 19:18

Okay for other who are having this problem, I think I figured it out. As someone mentioned above, if you need a mod like this to work on AP you need to paste the "t" and "scripts" folder into the "addon" folder, which is in the TC root directory. The reason the Directions say to paste it in the root directory is because the mod was intended for TC not AP, but it still works for AP.

Also I feel really dumb for not getting that right away, even after someone told me! It only dawned on me later what you meant smh!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”