Linux, steam.. how to mod??

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fastesteddy13
x3

Linux, steam.. how to mod??

Post by fastesteddy13 » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 15:27

Hi All..

In a word.. help..!
I have now spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to work out if there are any mods out there that I can put into either Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude.. I always end up reading hundreds of posts that are either dead ends or require 3 nasa scientists to make something work. Most of the links I have tried on this forum dont exist or are spam..

I can see there are some talented folk out there that can manipulate code/operating systems/steam etc, but that is not me.. I just want to be able to play the game and not spend 6 months learning how to code, although I do have a son that is pretty good at that stuff..

So, is there a straightforward way to install a mod (eg, litecube, starwars, startrek etc) into x3? My system is Ubuntu 20.04, Nvidia 8gb 1080, with the game installed through steam. I do have the GOG version but could not get it to work on Ubuntu 18.04 but will be more than happy to give that another go if it means I can try one of these cool mods. I love x3, have played it every vanilla way possible but have felt left out when it comes to these cool mods. The game plays very fast and flawlessly on my system.

There must be someone out there with a similar setup that has been able to get a mod working.. isnt there?

fastesteddy13
x3

Re: Linux, steam.. how to mod??

Post by fastesteddy13 » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 14:20

Wow..
After my son told me off for not 'having a go', I managed to install Litcubes Mod using the instructions on his site for Linux.. It runs VERY well, fast and I am astounded at how easy it was in the end, just made sure I did not miss out any steps..
I decided to install the GOG version and finally dispense with steam.. Going to enjoy this after all these years of vanilla playing.. I am no expert in anything Linux or X3 but anyone else out there wants to try it, happy to share the steps I took to do this..

Wheeeeeee... fun..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”