Game lockup when accessing ship info ..sector menu.. ship details

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Game lockup when accessing ship info ..sector menu.. ship details

Post by LV » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 19:19

Shot in the dark here guys that are still around

Hello all, long time no see :)

Now and again, i pop back into AP to piss about with a little mod i never released.

I have an issue i'm struggling to track down, at some stage i can't pinpoint i will access a ship interface (not comm menu, details) normally via the sector menu and then "u" iirc. The game locks. Its no specific ship i can spawn and have them running and it works fine then all of a sudden, lockup

Now, the problem is the issue could be anything as there are over 350 scripts that are used or tapped into, i'm editing an old SW mod ships heavily through text only (i.e no changes than text edits for types ships/missiles/factories etc.) simply put the only script commands that i think have not been used, are the few that relate to merchants and stock exchange, there is also a lot going on with the AI to put it mildly.

I'm hoping as i'm very rusty that someone may be able to direct me as to why accessing any ship would lock the PC up when just scrolling through its details, obviously its something i've written badly but needle, haystack

heeeelp..

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Re: Game lockup when accessing ship info ..sector menu.. ship details

Post by The Q » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 16:34

Are you sure it's the scripts that are causing the lockup? If it's not custom menus, then I wouldn't know that scripts can alter the normal game menus.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”