[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

8Lamaton

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

Post by 8Lamaton » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 11:52

I ran into several problems.
1) When choosing a chaotic start map, after finding a chaotic map, goods at stations disappear and appear only after the owner of the sector has changed.
2) The impossibility of combining weapons on ships. Even if you transfer weapons from another ship and save the template, the new ship is still built with the old set of weapons.
3) When using the command, create a fleet by appointing a commander and giving the commander the command to patrol the sector, ships chasing pirate transport and flying pirates behind in fighter jets shooting at the ships.
4) when a phenon is received in a sector, the turrets in adjacent sectors on the player’s ship are turned off, and slave ships do not carry out commands related to the attack, but at the same time, when using the player’s console with quick commands, you can force the ships to attack enemies through the command to attack the selected target.

This text was created with the help of a translator.

SyntheticGoat
x3ap

Post by SyntheticGoat » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 18:26

Pleasantly surprised to see that the mod got an update. Last time I played in spring, 2023. There were two Xenon crisis cycles and all factions were left completely devastated by the second one because they couldn't do anything and their pathfinding was bottlenecked by tiny jumpgates. So it was down to me to step in with my five Forsettis and ten Aegirs, and basically play endless tower defense against OCV at the borders of my domain. Of course, I could only do that remotely because the traffic was atrocious while attempting to get anywhere by myself: whenever I was about to enter or leave a jumpgate, either of the two things would happen:

a) a random tiny freighter or fighter would appear inside me; I would instantly destroy it through collision and lose rep.

b) a random big ship would appear inside me and either of us would destroy one another through collision. Of course, if I end up destroying my accidental prey, I lose rep.

Other than that, my gameplay boiled down to waiting in max SETA for hours waiting for research, construction and outfitting of my new Forsettis to complete. I wonder if the updates changed or fixed either of these aspects of the game.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 13:38

I could only offer some limited advice to enjoy your game better given the problems you noted. You should never have collisions if you make some minor adjustments.
Never sit next to a jump beacon or gate. This isn't a bug, it's the nature of X3. When you personally go through a gate or beacon, don't sit there at speed 0, accelerate away from it and you should be able to play for weeks without any collisions.
Don't personally sit right near a gate when doing an in-system battle. Back off a short distance from the gate. The entry mechanics of the game don't handle in-system players sitting around gates very well at all, but it's built into the game
and not something script'able. You just learn not to sit at a gate or beacon, and especially not in the middle of a huge fleet fight.
Waiting on SETA is certainly going to happen and is normal, but can become extreme if you are playing a completely "turtle" style game. You can either play on Hard Difficulty, and expect a war to liven things up, or you can go out and stir up trouble to make it less boring. I personally like to start a war with a faction that is far away from me as it allows me to do a lot of attacking and not so much defense needed. However, like you, I do get bored with what little there is to do when you are waiting for your Forseti's to finish :) My own opinion is that the major plot lines have their limits and are all 'very slow' and that there should be a more periodic and smaller threats that you should be forced to deal with, and appropriate rewards for it. In previous releases, the OCV came at you in waves, and honestly, that was frightening as hell and got my blood pumping and I'm seriously thinking of adding some more of that type of activity back into the game.
Cheers.

SyntheticGoat wrote:
Fri, 9. Feb 24, 18:26
a) a random tiny freighter or fighter would appear inside me; I would instantly destroy it through collision and lose rep.
b) a random big ship would appear inside me and either of us would destroy one another through collision. Of course, if I end up destroying my accidental prey, I lose rep.
Other than that, my gameplay boiled down to waiting in max SETA for hours waiting for research, construction and outfitting of my new Forsettis to complete. I wonder if the updates changed or fixed either of these aspects of the game.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 18:17

I can reproduce this issue. This will be fixed my release, along with a lot more. Soon.
VoidSoul wrote:
Wed, 7. Feb 24, 05:18
The "phantom" itself refuses to shorten the distance or fire it's main cannons, just sitting at range of 20k firing it's turrets at enemies it's not facing until target they are locket on enters range bellow 10k, then it start firing it's cannons.
The problem is both for fleet formation behavior and 2.combat->attack command. I did test only against enemy m3,m6,ts targets. Did order it attack random capital but it didn't live long enough for any proper observation.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

VoidSoul

Post by VoidSoul » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 17:34

Not sure if it's intended, but after you appoint terran blueprint to auto-research queue on station with terran memory, all research stations start this blueprint regardless of having terran memory in it's system. Rushing Tobosaku with only one 1 terran memory system in half a day before establishing nation is odd.

Also M6 Logich texture mapping seems broken. There is some mesh clipping too or at least it seems so.
Screenshot1
Screenshot2
Clipping

SyntheticGoat
x3ap

Post by SyntheticGoat » Thu, 15. Feb 24, 14:55

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Tue, 13. Feb 24, 13:38
Never sit next to a jump beacon or gate. This isn't a bug, it's the nature of X3. When you personally go through a gate or beacon, don't sit there at speed 0, accelerate away from it and you should be able to play for weeks without any collisions.
Don't personally sit right near a gate when doing an in-system battle. Back off a short distance from the gate. The entry mechanics of the game don't handle in-system players sitting around gates very well at all, but it's built into the game
and not something script'able. You just learn not to sit at a gate or beacon, and especially not in the middle of a huge fleet fight.
I am quite aware of this nature of the game, but I feel like it has never been as prominent in the base game. And I'm not even sitting near gates, the aforementioned collisions always occur when I'm on the move, either when I am just a couple of seconds away from entering the gate or immediately upon appearing on the other side.
Thankfully, jumps using beacond have been smooth.

Dex_Bot
x3fl

Post by Dex_Bot » Sun, 18. Feb 24, 21:45

I have a save game the freezes in approximately 4 minutes (Faster if SETA is used), and I have no idea what's causing it.

More detailed info is included in the readme.txt located in the file itself. Side note: What happened to the "Defend Position" command? Its been acting odd after the ZH 2.0 - Partial Beta release.

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Sat, 24. Feb 24, 15:07

Running a fresh install of Mayhem/Zero Hour, and I seem to be running into an issue with defend/patrol missions. They simply don't spawn enemies.

I get the mission from the station, but the red cross icon remains. The mission shows up in personal console, but not in vanilla mission list.

The opfor never spawns. Landing back at the station gives the "hey, we already gave you a mission, what do you want" dialog, but waiting for literal hours (I left it afk) never spawns enemies.

VoidSoul

Post by VoidSoul » Wed, 28. Feb 24, 08:36

Found strange behaviour.
Carrier fleet that follow a ship that engage enemy launching it's fighters in very weird path.
On this Screenshot m3's fly away from carriers to assist m2 in action. They make huge detour before attacking enemy that carrier is attacking to assist m2.
Carrier fleet is M7 Griffon with 24 M3 Arrows. 20km engage range and "attack leader target" option, no retreat. Griffon itself is following M2 fleet of two Tobosaku that Invade sector.
The same behaviour is with any carrier as leader with "attack leader target" option. Instead of attacking the enemy that carrier itself is attacking, fighters first make huge detour. I had to make my carrier patrols of TMs to make zero range and turn off "attack leader target" option.

Also during "Defend" missions enemies do not cross the gate to attack the station and wreck havoc in the system they spawn instead.

orcopoid

Post by orcopoid » Sat, 30. Mar 24, 18:46

found a bit of an issue: the inventory of my outposts is getting corrupted by something, as in every ware in them becomes listed as "impulse ray emitter" and cant be interacted with.
realoading an older save works, but eventually it happens again. ive never been able to find any visible cause, it looks random.

has anyone encountered this ebfore?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 01:42

orcopoid wrote:
Sat, 30. Mar 24, 18:46
found a bit of an issue: the inventory of my outposts is getting corrupted by something, as in every ware in them becomes listed as "impulse ray emitter" and cant be interacted with.
realoading an older save works, but eventually it happens again. ive never been able to find any visible cause, it looks random.

has anyone encountered this ebfore?
Yes, it happens when you salvage either a research station or an SPP.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”