my XOU proposal

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

plawolf
x3tc

my XOU proposal

Post by plawolf » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 12:10

i have finally finished my XOU proposal and have posted it devnet.

but it has recently been brought to my attention that some members might not be able to post on devnet, so i will start this thread so that those members can also share their views and comment on the subject.

the thread at devnet is:

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88820

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 12:13

Originally posted by shasla5 (hope you dont mind me re-posting your view again, if you do, please PM me and i will remove it):
Since there's no way I can respond at the moment, I thought I'd just inform you that I disagree on something that jumped out at me. You said that you could not work for the government and engage in piracy at the same time, but I disagree. The queen of England knighted Francis Drake for his government sanctioned piracy on Spanish merchants, after all. So maybe only the more cutthroat governments would allow it. Don't forget the Teladi supposedly did just that in X2! So why couldn't the player work for the Split, and raid Boron shipping and get a bit cozy with local anti-Boron militias? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so yeah.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 12:30

shasla5:

well there were a few reasons why i decided to put that restriction in place.

first, i thought it would be useful to create some differences between the career paths, so as to add more depth and re-playability,

secondly, i thought there should be some limitations on what government employees are able to do create some balance between the different career paths as otherwise there would be little incentive for people to move away from government employment.

as for your idea of allowing some races to allow piracy while not others, that is a very novel idea. however, one potential problem i can see with it is that it is that chances are, those races that allow piracy would recieve an overwhelming percentage of players.

this might make the 'war' missions unplayable and also make the game less interesting for those that join other races as there would be fewer people to interact with in those parts of space (but then such a distribution of players could be desireable).

so purhaps if some sort of compramise is added whereby each government has their own, different set of rules that offer different kinds of benefits and restriction in paralell with the 'allow piracy' idea to balance things out.

this could make the choice between races more important, and could be used to compensate for other disadvanatges that comes with a certain race (slow speed for teladi ships purhaps). and if the rules are set cleverly, it might even be possible to encourage players to choose which race to join depending on their playing preferences.

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 12:56

Great dude, I was wondering what had happened to this... will go and check it out... to what I remember it was good :D

Demosthanese
x2

Post by Demosthanese » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 18:57

Have you ever considered playing Eve-Online?

http://www2.eve-online.com/

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 19:01

Yes tried it, and compared to a possible (and aimed for) XOU I found it quite boring and long winded (I had a trial... most of which was spent on another game) :lol: No offence to any EVE players, just not my thing (compared to X-series...)

P.S. I know I'll get flamed for this... *brings fire extinguisher*

Demosthanese
x2

Post by Demosthanese » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 19:09

RavenIII wrote:Yes tried it, and compared to a possible (and aimed for) XOU I found it quite boring and long winded (I had a trial... most of which was spent on another game) :lol: No offence to any EVE players, just not my thing (compared to X-series...)

P.S. I know I'll get flamed for this... *brings fire extinguisher*
*Demosthanese pulls out his flame thrower.

It can take a little while to get your feet grounded in Eve, but the best way is to try and find a corp that appeals to you, and join them. Eve is a social game.

On a side note, egosoft needs to do some major ballancing acts with the ships before an online game should be considered. Being able to take out a M2 with a single M3 isn't going to sit well in an MMO.

Raven 516
x2

Post by Raven 516 » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 20:05

Being able to take out a M2 with a single M3 isn't going to sit well in an MMO.
you serious i can't and ive realy tried i keep geting torched by the turrets and im a very good pilot :evil: ne way wat do you need to get in on the EVE action :?:

Demosthanese
x2

Post by Demosthanese » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 20:25

Raven 516 wrote:
Being able to take out a M2 with a single M3 isn't going to sit well in an MMO.
you serious i can't and ive realy tried i keep geting torched by the turrets and im a very good pilot :evil: ne way wat do you need to get in on the EVE action :?:
Takes patiance, but it is doable.

Send me a PM (Private Message) with your e-mail address, and I'll send you an invite for a 2 week trial. Just DL the Eve client (500mb) from their website, www.eve-online.com and install it. Take a look at the item database before you start the trial, primarily the frigates, though in two weeks, it is possible to get into a cruiser.

Ok, that's enough of a thread hijack for now.

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 20:39

The thing I couldnt get used to in eve is having no control over my ship, I know far too many people who do though, I just prefer to sit there and move it myself.

Yeah using strafe and getting into blind spots is pretty much how to do it.
I think with each re-visit to multiplayer discussion and OU stuff im leaning more and more towards not really wanting anything like that.
Doesnt seem like a great deal of fun, or at the very least hard to keep the same level of fun I get from dipping in and out of x2, but ive said enough on multiplayer this year to last me... a year.

Grimslayer
x2

Post by Grimslayer » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 21:53

I would like to See X as A Roleplay more kind of game..with Guilds and things like that Quest and more storylines in the game.. the Roleplay in any game is always the best.. i would also like to see ships where i can paint them what ever color i wanted so mine is not like everyone else. customs ships shops where if you have the fonds you can make it look like a ship.. but the Roleplay with guilds to join and things well make it the best

GrimSlayer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”