Musical Map of the X3 Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 02:12

00014 Docking music..
Lol yeah, the first thing i did the day i bought the game was to normalize the volume of that track, because it was sooo much louder than every other song in the game, that everytime i was docking manually it hurt my ears =D

edit: BTW, isnt 00015 the music in Getsu Fune??? Because i remember that once i entered that sector (took me a long time to actually get the time to go there), i remembered that i tought that it was a nice choice of track because it had some parts of argon prime in it, but also some newer parts, representing each of the races equipment docks there.
I might be wrong, too lazy to check =D
00016 is a complete mystery for me tough, but the high pitched background sounds seems to indicate at teladi or pirate sectors?
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

J.Anderson
x3

Post by J.Anderson » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 23:01

Star Wars battle music pack that I made. Battles havn't been the same since I put the asteroid theme from empire strikes back in. replaces all of the battle music with the best star wars space fight themes. simply unzip to egosoft directory/ soundtracks

http://www.vampteam.com/downloads/starw ... emusic.rar

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 05:23

Here I am having recently come into a full soundtrack from episodes 1-3, and I'm like...hhhmmm, should replace some X3 music, where'd that thread go :gruebel: and its already done for me! excellent work, although i think i'm gonna go change the sector music too

edit: actually looks like i won't get around to it till after break, have to listen to all my new songs first :D
Last edited by Syklon on Fri, 10. Mar 06, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

J.Anderson
x3

Post by J.Anderson » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 05:30

if anyone has some good music packs, i'd like to see them. I thought about replacing the sector music but I like most of it. I just thought the battle music was really boring

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 05:47

J.Anderson wrote:if anyone has some good music packs,
I've got one, but clocking in at 200+ mb I've got no way to distribute. Pity.

Rheinlander
x4

Post by Rheinlander » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 06:07

gray1107 wrote:Just found this thread, thanks for figuring all this out.

My fight scenes now have a mixture of the battlestar galactica drums and starship troopers its amazing! 8)
Woah, I was thinking to myself the other day while reading the Cylon Raider thread that the BSG drums stuff would be awesome for this game.

Where did you get it? I love ALL the music in BSG.

Also, I'm trying to find the music played during the chase through the city in Mission 2, anyone know specifically what track# it is?

Edit: Never mind, it's:

Track 06005 "intro chase scene"

which I would label in here as "Mission 2 planetside skyscraper chase"

Also, I'd like to give major props to Alexei (and also in part to Natalia Yakovleva for some tracks) for the music in this game, there's not a single track I've found that I don't like.

01002 was my favourite combat track in X2 (the horns really gave it a grand feel) and is my favourite in X3 too, though I am thinking about replacing one or two of the other combat musics with the cityscape chase scene track, 06005.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 18:19

Intro chase scene is also used in one of the asteroid missions, I think it's originally from the intro of X2 or maybe an earlier version.

Aquahutch
x3

Post by Aquahutch » Sun, 21. May 06, 16:59

I just wanted to jump in and say that the main Blade Runner theme (the one that plays at the beginning of the movie) makes a PERFECT replacement for the docking music. :)

dannyporter4u
x3

Re: Musical Map of the X3 Universe

Post by dannyporter4u » Mon, 22. May 06, 22:20

I just thought id add a bit to the pot.
TK - 421 wrote:I'm not sure what these tracks are. They are essentially a quiet, low rumble - are they engine noises?
They are the background engine noises when you are docked at a station. Iv channged them to tv theme tunes for a laugh.

A few sectors keep the same music even if you change it such as Argon prime. So they must be using other files from the main sector music ones.

JabbatheHutt
x3

Post by JabbatheHutt » Mon, 22. May 06, 22:33

J.Anderson wrote:if anyone has some good music packs, i'd like to see them. I thought about replacing the sector music but I like most of it. I just thought the battle music was really boring
I personally prefer in Xenon sectors the music of HOMEWORLD

it´s a pity that the music is not linked to what you are doing like when you are flying it is one kind, and when you start to fight it is another :cry:
What matters is not the size of a warrior in a fight, it is the size of the fight in the warrior - Cartoon Network

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 22. May 06, 22:52

Cool now I can have Black Hole Sun playing in the Black Hole Sun sector!!!

Thanks bud!

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Tue, 23. May 06, 02:50

JabbatheHutt wrote:it´s a pity that the music is not linked to what you are doing like when you are flying it is one kind, and when you start to fight it is another :cry:
Yeah that would be cool. So that, for example, the music you hear in sectors is influenced by your race relations with that race. Argon would be usual music with good relations but ominous and tense if you have low relations with them and just hostile if you are an enemy to that race. No doubt, it would be complicated but it would add to the atmosphere of the game

Also it would have been great to have had music for individual sectors rather than one file covering a group, just to make customising less complicated :roll:
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Wed, 24. May 06, 15:23

What files are the space background amience noises, I want to swap them for the quite radio chatter from Freelancer, this will add loads more atmosphere

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 24. May 06, 15:35

From what I've seen, there aren't any ambient sounds, per se. I've currently got my music off. There's no noise, other than your guns, and occasionally when you pass a ship/station closely.

I suppose, you could replace the mp3 music files with the chatter files. That'd give you the same effect, tho you wouldn't have the music anymore.

I've changed all the music 15 times over, but it's all gotten old, so I shut it off. Personally, I'd actually like to have some radio/comm chatter as background, for something different.

The only background sounds I've seen, are for stations, when you're docked. Those are in the \s folder, int he 02.cat (80% sure, if not 02, it's 03). You can extract those and take a listen. There's also a guide to those, somewhere. Tells you what each one is.

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Thu, 25. May 06, 11:44

Here is a link where you can download a really good version of the Blue Danube (the classical music played in Elite for those of you to young to know) and best of all its FREE!!!!

http://www.wien.gv.at/english/views/download/index.htm

I have this music playing in my Home Sector and as the docking music (00014)

Enjoy

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 10:56

right then so there is a soundtrack for each sector :evil:
all i really want is to replace 4/5 tracks with some of my old skool n drum n bass mixes
so whats the largest size mp3 you can use and also max bitrate?
really wanted 2 replace a few files and have these tunes playing all the time

Ramstone
x3

Post by Ramstone » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 06:19

Track 6006's length is only 0.52 min, and it's been cutted off, anyone knows what happened to this track ?

Phieeel

Post by Phieeel » Wed, 2. May 07, 03:08

Glad I found this topic. I'm going to replace some of the sector music with the music from an old school PC game, Solar Winds. :twisted:

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 01:25

withar wrote:

Also the 00014 docking them has been changed to Blue Danube from elite 2 but if anyone knows where I can find a better version please post up a link

Will probably replace 00013 with something from Electric Light Orchestra, probaly "Mr blue sky" :P

does anyone have either of thies songs or any songs by thies group(s)?? if so please PM me...im looking for better music to use in my game...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

matches
x3

Post by matches » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 02:05

I've replaced most of the music in my game with tunes from a band called "Apocolyptica". Stumbled on them while looking for old school metal to DL. They've done covers of ALOT of tunes............. But it's done with violins and chelos, strange, cool, and beautiful. I implore anyone who wants to replace there stock X3 tunes to check these guys out....AMAZING
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with matches?"

Realspace Backgrounds http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=180848

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”