x2 managing trade ships help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mystikmind2005
x2

x2 managing trade ships help

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 03:03

I have been setting up stations to supply my own stations kind of thing. Trouble is, that i have to manually move goods between all my stations and its driving me crazy.

How can i get my trade ships to do this automatically? if i put them on collect wares at best price, they will not use my stations. They buy from the AI and use up all the credits in my stations, then i have to do more work transfering money all the time! I can put them on collect wares from a specific station but it seems as though they only do one trip and then thats it!

please help?

layton99
x3tc

Post by layton99 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 03:51

Try looking in the scripting forum

X2 here
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewforum.php ... 82140be5c0
Layton

For the SPLIT!

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 07:31

layton99 wrote:Try looking in the scripting forum

X2 here
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewforum.php ... 82140be5c0
if i have too use a mod i will, thanks.
I think mods should be used for bringing new life to games that have lost their excitement, not fixing problems that the developers should have covered in the patches they release!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 08:32

You don't have to use a mod. If you install the X2 Bonus Pack then you get a couple of pieces of software designed for jobs like you're talking about--BPH and SDS.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 08:46

pjknibbs wrote:You don't have to use a mod. If you install the X2 Bonus Pack then you get a couple of pieces of software designed for jobs like you're talking about--BPH and SDS.
Yes i have the bonus pack already

I have no idea what BPH or SDS is. Am i supposed to know? perhaps i missed the memmo? perhaps somone stole that page out of my manual? oh thats right, i think i was sick that day they were teaching about BPH and SDS!!!! hehehe

can you fill me in on what it is and how to use it please?

layton99
x3tc

Post by layton99 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 09:40

Says a sorry forgot the name of the BPH pack as haven't played X2 in a while been playing X3 for a while now.
Layton

For the SPLIT!

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 10:20

mystikmind2005 wrote: I have no idea what BPH or SDS is. Am i supposed to know? perhaps i missed the memmo? perhaps somone stole that page out of my manual? oh thats right, i think i was sick that day they were teaching about BPH and SDS!!!! hehehe

can you fill me in on what it is and how to use it please?
SDS allows transport of wares between your stations with a fixed price. With a closed loop, you can run it with price zero, and all the credits stay in the stations which sell to the public.

BPH is a smarter freighter. As it levels up, it will begin to take account of what other freighters on the same station are doing, begin to pick up multiple resources per trip, begin to use a jumpdrive. Oh, and it rechecks the prices for its current trip at every gate (And, IIRC, before docking), so it wont pull the standard freighter trick of buying at huge price from a station which someone else just emptied.

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 19:11

Ok I see what your problem is firstly if you want your station supply ship to buy from your own stations set it up like this works well for all my closed loops.
here is an example of one of my loops in ore belt selling ammo & missiles to the surounding sectors.
right the loop concists of 2 power plants 1 crystal fab 2 cahoona bakerys 1 argnu beef plant 2 ore mines 1 silicon mine.
Ok they are the station which are closed to selling to other races they are only used to supply each other and also my main production stations which are 1 mass driver ammo factory, 1 mossy missile factory & 1 silkworm missile factory.(the loop is far from commplete as I am still adding to it)
Right when you setup you supply shuttles for each station make shore you have set each of the stations supply range to 0 as you dont want any of the supply ships leaving the sector.
then for the closed station i.e the ones not selling to other races set there selling price to minimum the lowest you can without losing money.
Right your main production stations (ammo & missiles) also set there supply range to 0 this means they can't leave the sector for supplies and will have to trade with your own stations also set the maximum perchuce price on these station to what you have set as minimum on you closed loop station.
Thats it they will then only buy from your stations becouse none of the other stations in that sector will be selling at those prices.
There is one little prob with this is when you have UT's running becouse they will sometimes come in and buy up frieght from one of your closed loops and sell it on. Still making you profit but this can upset the balance of the loop so bare that in mind. :wink:
Hope that helped a little.

Tip. Also a very profitable loop to set up is selling Teladianium and soya husk in Trinity sanctum. I have 3 teladianium foundries and 2 soya husk plants there and there always sold out and I never use trading ships to sell my products they come to me to buy :wink:

shiwarrior
x3

Re: x2 managing trade ships help

Post by shiwarrior » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 20:53

mystikmind2005 wrote:I have been setting up stations to supply my own stations kind of thing. Trouble is, that i have to manually move goods between all my stations and its driving me crazy.

How can i get my trade ships to do this automatically? if i put them on collect wares at best price, they will not use my stations. They buy from the AI and use up all the credits in my stations, then i have to do more work transfering money all the time! I can put them on collect wares from a specific station but it seems as though they only do one trip and then thats it!

please help?
im not using any scripts and mine is working all fine.
the money u put it ahould be enough to buy a lot of crystals and keep the process going from what energy cells u sell

Engery cells = 19
Crystals = 1684

leave it a while and see what happens, all u need it "buy ware at best price"

good luck

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 09:06

soleseacher wrote:Ok I see what your problem is firstly if you want your station supply ship to buy from your own stations set it up like this works well for all my closed loops.
here is an example of one of my loops in ore belt selling ammo & missiles to the surounding sectors.
right the loop concists of 2 power plants 1 crystal fab 2 cahoona bakerys 1 argnu beef plant 2 ore mines 1 silicon mine.
Ok they are the station which are closed to selling to other races they are only used to supply each other and also my main production stations which are 1 mass driver ammo factory, 1 mossy missile factory & 1 silkworm missile factory.(the loop is far from commplete as I am still adding to it)
Right when you setup you supply shuttles for each station make shore you have set each of the stations supply range to 0 as you dont want any of the supply ships leaving the sector.
then for the closed station i.e the ones not selling to other races set there selling price to minimum the lowest you can without losing money.
Right your main production stations (ammo & missiles) also set there supply range to 0 this means they can't leave the sector for supplies and will have to trade with your own stations also set the maximum perchuce price on these station to what you have set as minimum on you closed loop station.
Thats it they will then only buy from your stations becouse none of the other stations in that sector will be selling at those prices.
There is one little prob with this is when you have UT's running becouse they will sometimes come in and buy up frieght from one of your closed loops and sell it on. Still making you profit but this can upset the balance of the loop so bare that in mind. :wink:
Hope that helped a little.

Tip. Also a very profitable loop to set up is selling Teladianium and soya husk in Trinity sanctum. I have 3 teladianium foundries and 2 soya husk plants there and there always sold out and I never use trading ships to sell my products they come to me to buy :wink:
Thank you for this information, i'm sure it will be invaluable to me.

Although i do not know why my trade ships will use my stations to 'collect wares at best price'. I say this because i have 3 plankton farms and one stot mixery in Argon Prime and my ships absolutely stedfastly refuse under any circumstances to collect any plankton for that mixery. I tried changing the plankton price, nothing. i tried limiting range of stott mixery to zero, nothing. These trade ships will sit in their home base - the stott mixery and do nothing while the station flashes orange for lack of plankton. Meanwhile their are 3 plankton farms parked almost on top of the stott mixery bulging at the seams full of plankton.

There are no little sneaky reasons for it not to work, reasons such as lack of money in the stott mixery, failing to assign the trade ships home base as the stott mixery, trade ships not having trade command software, and all the rest of it etc etc.

I will try one more thing - i will set one plankton farm to price zero and forbid the AI and see if my oh so stubborn trade ships still refuse to go there!

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 21:42

Hmm strange place to put a stott mixery theres only one cahoona backery in argon prime would have been better placed in Red light were there is 2 backerys I have one there that dose well.
Anyhow to this problem Ok I take it your mixery has 2 shuttles 1 for energy cells and another for plankton.
Do what I do name them accordingly e.g
Stott mixery Energy supply shuttle
Stott Mixery Plankton supply shuttle
ok now go to you trade command menu for each ship and make shore the buy for best price is set to each ship you have named for the job.
right to the stations in the mixery it will show the number of jumps required to buy plankton at the price you have set now if this is more than 0 then you will need to set your plankton price to match you buying price of the mixery then the number of jumps should then read 0.
Right check the station has sufficant credits to trade, I normally start mine at 40000 you should see at the bottom your credits and the stations trading fund also to keep the funds at this goto the station command menu and set the Auto money transfer to 40000 you will be asked for a figure set this to 40000 then when the station make more that this the credits will be auto transfered to your account.
ok give that a go should work you have overlooked one of these things.
Its normaly something simple.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 22:14

Okay, a little checklist:

1. Set buy price for plankton in stott mixery to > or = to selling price in plankton farm - check
2. Set homebase of plankton buying ship to stott mixery - check
3. Set jump range to appropriate value (zero, in your case) - check
4. Set sufficient funds in stott mixery to buy plankton - check
5. Issued order to buying ship "Buy at Best Price-Plankton" - check

Should work. If not, the only thing I can think to try is a different ship. I, rarely, had ships in X2 that just wouldn't do anything automatically. They seem to get 'stuck'. Try swapping your energy buyer with the plankton buyer and see if that helps. If so, take that lazy bum out and use him for target practice. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”