[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network V1.20 : Updated 09/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 13:01

yeah thats correct, it only uses advanced satallites, so it wont give u that choise.

but like i said, you have to do it per sector, so if u sign up for one it will only replace satallites in that sector and not create others in different sectors

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 16:36

Ah, bugger, i do apologize Cycrow :\ I wasted your time.

I just found the BBS entry immediately after i installed your script and therefore was convinced it was yours. as well as the fact i don't have any others S:

Does the game have one standard/official for deploying sats?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 21:06

not afaik, unless its part of station manager in the bonus pack ?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 15:13

hmm, if it was signed i would hope egosoft would have been foresighted enough to ensure it has an obvious and easy way of putting a stop to it.

Well, i came up with a work around, basically, the script waits until you get 55K, then steals it from you. So, i just divide up all my money between my stations so i always have just under 50K, this actually does a number on my freighters attached to those stations as they see the stations as having loads of profit and thus cease work a lot. (I have over 1 million so it's quite a lot to keep at each station). the majority though is at the HQ, it seems logical.

And just to keep you all updated, i'm at 66% coverage of the whole galaxy.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 00:33

Hi, I've just started using this script no too long ago and it's a really cool and handy script; however, there seems to be a "bug", or unintended error =/

I am also currently using the Friendly Pirates script, hence I am on "friendly" terms with the pirates. The satellite I've assigned to detect enemies doesn't seem to think so. I've gotten warning messages from Black Hole Sun and Getsu Fune, when I checked, there weren't any enemies on the map. But there was pirates =/ The same condition was present in both sector; everytime an enemy-sighting was reported, there were only the pirates =/

It's either detecting the pirates or it's detecting things out of satellite's scanner range.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 01:11

its detecting the pirates.

it doesn't actually check the enemy status of the ships just thier presents.

i'll have to look at adding these checks in so it works with the friendly pirates script

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 01:47

I was guessing that the script checks for "vanilla enemies" instead of relations, and I was hoping you would be kind enough to add that :):P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 22:13

added in a check for enemy ships, so if u have friendly pirates, it should ignore them.

NeoSeether
x2

Post by NeoSeether » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 23:15

Er, maybe it's just me, but there aren't any scripts included in the package...
Now, return to the void, in the midst of this infinite light!
AIN SOPH AUR... DEAD END SHOOT!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 23:27

try it again now

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 01:27

did u post a link yet or is thier another topic i should look for the updated swen script in?
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 09:53

its the link on the first page. It'll take u to the webpage where u can download the latest version

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 00:43

I just wanted to say super thanks :)

I've been trying to raise my rep with the Paranid, and having a Sat in each of their sectors has been incredible help. I don't have to manually check each sector anymore :)

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 30. Jun 07, 05:04

Hey! Will this work on detecting Shivan Dragons that are in the XTM? They have turned evil with the newest patch and will attack anything with their Kyons. Thanks.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 30. Jun 07, 14:29

it depends what race they are, as it only checks for certain races.

at some point i will be adding a check for any enemy ships as well, so it should be included in that

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 30. Jun 07, 15:01

AFAIK the dragons don't belong to any race. In XTM ver. 0.7.1 they were neutral to everyone except pirates who they attacked at every chance. Now that 0.7.2 is out the dragons attack anything; ( they now show up as red icons on the map) but the reason I wanted to know if you system detects them is the value of the scales.
I've already installed SEWN, so I'll find out sooner or later. Thanks.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 06:41

Can you make it so the satellite replacement service gives out a global contract, rather than sector-by-sector? I want ALL my sats covered, cuz they get killed everywhere, especially with XTM and frequent random attacks by Xenon, Kha'ak and pirates in all sectors. If I had to wait for that rare occasion when I'm in an AI station AND the BBS message comes up, it'll take forever to get it all covered.

Also, do you need to have the 'enemy detection' coverage active all the time, or can you turn it off? I get tired of hearing "emergency signal' all the time, and that's WITH the Capitals Only setting, due to so many Caracks, Galleons, Reavers, J's, K's, and Kha'ak capitals popping constantly... It's crazy! The Rapid Response ships can barely keep up to clean them out.

Lastly, sorry, but I couldn't handle the poor English in your text file, so I made a few corrections. If you'd like a copy, send me your email and I'll give it to you. :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 12:22

i can enable a global command to enable/disable so you can only get warnings when you want instead of all the time.

u could send me the text file and i will gladly add it into the package.

being dyslexic, my spelling and grammer is not the best.

ill look into a global contract, most likly a fixed price based on the number of sectors in the game. So it'll be like 70-80% of the costs if you were to have contracts for every sector

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 16:42

Ok, let's give this a try... Here's the version I fixed.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
- <language id="44">
- <page id="2008" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
  <t id="319">COMMAND_ASSIGN_SEWN</t> 
  </page>
- <page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
  <t id="319">Add/Remove Satellite from SEWN</t> 
  </page>
- <page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="">
  <t id="319">SEWN.Assign</t> 
  </page>
- <page id="7545" title="SEWN">
  <t id="1">[author]%s[/author]You must choose an advanced satellite</t> 
  <t id="2">SEWN</t> 
  <t id="3">Your %s SEWN Satellite has detected enemy ships.</t> 
  <t id="4">[author]SEWN Configuration[/author]Your current settings are [green]%s[/green]\nSelect ships for your satellites to detect:\n\n [select value="ships-all"]All Ships[/select]\n [select value="ships-fighters"]Fighters And Captiol Ships[/select]\n [select value="ships-cap"]Captiol Ships Only[/select]\n [select value="ships-capnom6"]Captiol Ships Only, Not including M6[/select]\n [select value="exit"]Never Mind[/select]\n</t> 
  <t id="6">[author]SEWN Configuration: [b]%s[/b][/author]Your current settings for this satellite are [green]%s[/green]\nSelect the new setting you wish to use\n\n%s\t[select value="exit"]Never Mind[/select]\n</t> 
  <t id="7">\t[select value="%s,%s"]%s[/select]\n</t> 
  <t id="5">SEWN: \033GConfiguration\033X</t> 
  <t id="8">SEWN: \033GView Contracts\033X</t> 
  <t id="9">Global Settings</t> 
  <t id="10">All Ships</t> 
  <t id="11">Fighters and Capital Ships</t> 
  <t id="12">Capital Ships Only</t> 
  <t id="13">Capital Ships Only, Not M6</t> 
  <t id="20">[author]%s - Satellite Replacement Service[/author][center][title][u]Satellite Replacement Service Available[/u][/title]Hi pilot, are you fed up with your SEWN network getting destroyed by enemy fighters?\nWell for a small hourly fee of [b]%s[/b] credits, our company will replace any destroyed satellites and automatically connect them back to your SEWN network.\n\nWe will also charge you the price of the advanced satellites when we need to replace one.\n\nWould you like this service in [blue]%s[/blue]?\n\n[select value="yes"]Yes, sign me up[/select][/center]</t> 
  <t id="21">[author]%s - Satellite Replacement Service[/author]Ok, we shall make sure your satellites are replaced.</t> 
  <t id="22">SEWN: \033GEnable Satellite Replacement Service\033X</t> 
  <t id="23">[author]Satellite Replacement Service[/author]Your current Replacement contracts are as follows:\n\n%s\n\n%s</t> 
  <t id="24">You currently dont have a contract in [blue]%s[/blue]</t> 
  <t id="25">Your contract in [blue]%s[/blue] is [b]%s[/b] credits\nWould you like to cancel your contract?\n\n[select value="yes,%s"]Yes, cancel it[/select]\n[select value="no"]No, I want to keep it[/select]</t> 
  <t id="26">%s for [b]%s[/b] credits\n</t> 
  <t id="27">No contracts available\n</t> 
  <t id="28">Satellite Replacement Service\n</t> 
  </page>
  </language>
Hopefully that comes through ok.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 22:57

Cycrow wrote: being dyslexic, my spelling and grammer is not the best.
Well it has not interfered with your skill in scripting, which is excellent.
Cycrow wrote: ill look into a global contract, most likly a fixed price based on the number of sectors in the game. So it'll be like 70-80% of the costs if you were to have contracts for every sector
Good idea here, I go into the sectors where I have ASats and don't always get the BBS offer. Could the contract determine how many ASats you have and adjust the fee? Some sectors require more than one.

Operating System:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”