[script] Improved Xenon v0.95: Updated June 17, 2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 19:04

7ate9tin11s wrote: Btw, the scariest ship in the Xenon fleet is the J ... not only is it loaded with guns, my script makes sure the 50 fighters it can hold are all present and accounted for :twisted: .
:o

I liiiiiiike :twisted:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 04:37

:roll:

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 07:18

Just a friendly warning, be careful when using this script with XTM. Scale Plate Green and 18 Billion will get completely taken quite quickly because of all the Xenon core sectors and the Xenon will begin to eat away the eastern side of the universe. The Kha'ak from IK can usually clear them out, but that is not really an improvement :lol: . Anyways, you may want to wait until you can assist in sector defense before enabling this in an XTM game :D . Of course, if you prefer to take back the universe as you grow stronger then be my guest :wink: .

*Wanders back to cleaning the universe :shock: *

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 25. Apr 08, 05:43

Well, I have been using both this and Imp.Kha'ak in a no-RRF XTM game, and sofar the Kha'ak have captured about one sector (lost one more to Xenon), but the Xenon have taken over about 10 sectors already (14-15hrs into a new game), so, I believe the reason is that IX xreates more and more ships, yet IK does not..

So, is there a way to balance these two out, I mean, Kha'ak have crystalline organic ships, why shouldn't their stations be able to "Grow" more ships?
Makes sense too, because the Kha'ak have no need of resources for shipbuilding that can be made in space stations, and the Kha'ak station has no other products or resource requirements. Therefore it might aswell be a large ship-growing facility, with fighters being produced en masse from the hexagonal pods that make up the station and are interconnected.

Capital ship numbers might be left the same, thus making a Kha'ak battle swarm in new sectors more of a swarm-type, with lots and lots of fighters and 1-2 destroyers.

In Short, IX makes more Xenoon ships, IK does not. Could this be balanced with each other somehow?

Randon
x3

Testing XTM with IX and IK modes at normal - universe ripped out :-)

Post by Randon » Sun, 27. Apr 08, 23:04

Hi all, I was playing the game now for cca 20 hours when I started to look also further from the basic north-west sectors. Well i found several sectors with a huge battles, but whats worse like nearly all sectors up to Chos Defeat in the north and everything up to Dannas Chance in the south was taken by the Xenons. i started to be affraid that i wont be able to play the Bala Gi missions so I went with one ship through the whole univers up to the Maelstorm and there were just like 2 or three sectors left, all others captured by Xenon mostly, very few to Khaaks. I tryied to help in those sectors that become "boarding" sectors but with so many capital ships it difficult to manage to fight all the sectors at once now. I really love this script because it really makes sense to play again now, but I think that the sector take over by X and K should be postponed a bit or something like that, so that you really have a chance to fight for the sectors with them. This way before you are ready the universe is already whole red :-(

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 15:07

Randon, just select from AL options - Improved Kha'ak/Xenon - Sector takeover - No, it will revert all taken sectors to original owners, remove hostile ships in them and not allow the Xenon/Kha'ak to take over any other sector until you put it to Yes again.

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 22:13

Thanks for this script 7ate9tin11s...

Will have fun trying it out :)

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Thu, 1. May 08, 07:37

Alive, well and back from my trip. I will begin working on IK to get it to balance better with IX. I also need to tune IX slightly since there is no hard-cap on the number of tokens spent in an invasion round. For example, in round 1 the station may have 10 tokens but randomly choose to build a J which costs 70 tokens since there is no check make sure the ship can be 'purchased'. This means the invasion will proceed with the J and a remaining tokens of -60 where the first round should have been something minor like an N and 3 L's.

This is what has been causing IX to quickly take over the universe regardless of difficulty level.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 2. May 08, 08:28

I'll wait for that to get ironed out before installing IX then. Though with my current troubles in Brennan's I can't help but wonder if the Xenon might be a bit more manageable than the Khaak if the current buggish dictatorship were to be overthrown... :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

D!S7RUG@7OR

Post by D!S7RUG@7OR » Fri, 2. May 08, 10:21

Quick question for you 7ate9tin11s:

When the Xenon fleets takes out an sector his name will become something like that...Xenon Sector 800 or will remain the same with only a change at owner race?

Cya :?

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 2. May 08, 10:26

In short, no I don't change the names of captured sectors, just the owner race. For the longer explanation read on...

First of all, I am not even sure I could change the names while in-game :lol:
Perhaps $sector -> Set Name to "Xenon 042" would work though.
However, even if I did change the names there is no way to change the vocals spoken when dealing with that sector since they are hard-coded into the universe map. You can see that the owner race is set to Xenon when you look at the sector in the universe map though.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 2. May 08, 13:09

Sector names do not change.
Atleast in my game they do not.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Sun, 18. May 08, 22:34

Hey I hope you get the ball rolling on fixing the overflow problem on this script because I'm literally unwilling to play until I can get the updated version of this in my game. Please hurry!! lol

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 19. May 08, 04:45

Work has finally calmed down so I will being playing with X over the next few days and should have version 1.0 out by early next week. Besides the obvious problems with too many Xenon being created are there any other requests/problems that should be addressed?

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Mon, 19. May 08, 14:06

Hmm... How are the stations built? Do they convert ships, or is it just spawned in?

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 20. May 08, 07:54

Currently the stations are just spawned after the sector has been clear for a time (depending on difficulty). Been thinking of making the Xenon build something that can drop stations (Mammoth if neither J's or K's can) and ship the station to the proper sector, but more concerned about balancing the invasions right now :) .

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 20. May 08, 08:55

Have a J turn into a station. 8)

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 25. May 08, 00:55

You know, I was looking at Nividium's script with Xenon virus - his "Nividium XENON Assimilation Virus". Maybe some kind of spin off to this idea could be incorporated into the mod.

I haven't dared installing Nividium XENON Assimilation Virus into my game :roll: What I would like to do first is to make the "Virus" ships very visible so you will at least get a bigger chance to avoid 'em. And or maybe some tweaks so the spreading of the virus is more controlled, that is more adjustable. But I haven't looked at the scripts them selfs so I'm not sure exactly how they go about things (doesn't mean I would know even if I did have a look, considering my lack of knowledge when it comes to scripting).

Watching your Khaak plugin too - very interesting.

Cheers!

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 26. May 08, 05:13

Bleh...delays.

I put in a little work on IX this weekend and have implemented most of the features I want to, but I think there is a minimal delay loop bug in one of the scripts. It does not lock it up because there is a wait from a script call or something, but it is constantly looping and causes my laptop to heat up quite fast :o . I'll have to put in full logging and track it down so I don't over-use resources.

The use of existing Xenon ships to create the stations is possible, I may do that in the future :)

I've not even heard of the Xenon assimilation virus script, sounds kinda nasty O_o

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 26. May 08, 13:17

7ate9tin11s wrote:the stations are just spawned after the sector has been clear for a time (depending on difficulty).
As I can't find a hint in the opening post: depending on the difficulty-level of your game start ?? Or is this a setting of your script ?
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”