[X3TC] Which M6 as a personal/boarding ship?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

elayeth

[X3TC] Which M6 as a personal/boarding ship?

Post by elayeth » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 13:20

I want to buy my first M6 in TC.

I have not finished Terran Plot (figured that I need M6 to get to the station in M1xx sector - one of missions) - no Vidar yet.
I have over 30m on my bank account
I have quite poor rep with Terran (Marchal of Mars) so Springblossom is at the moment not an option... besides Terran ships look ugly to me.
I have no M6 so I cannot cap Hyperion.
Not lots of options. :P
Heavy Centaur or maybe Dragon?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 13:30

I capped my Hyperion with a P, but they are not so easily found. But you can compare a P to a Dragon. So if you want a Hyperion, I'd go for the dragon because of the speed. Then end up with the Hyperion in the end :) That ship rocks for capturing.

Teebor
x4

Post by Teebor » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 13:43

I use the OTAS M6 (skiron) which works well, from the looks of it the Vidar looks like it would be much better once you get that option

Heavy Centaur is more or less the same as a Skiron so that would probably be ok too

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 00:02

btw the sptringblossom is in aldrin, so u wont be able to get one until you get there, and by then u would already have the vidar.

if u really want the vidar, then i would suggest just carrying on with the plot, it can be done in an m3

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 00:12

The Any M6 that can mount Ion disruptors or Ion pulse generators as main weapons should do well as a capturing machine.

Seathal
x4

Re: [X3TC] Which M6 as a personal/boarding ship?

Post by Seathal » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 00:27

elayeth wrote:I want to buy my first M6 in TC.

I have not finished Terran Plot (figured that I need M6 to get to the station in M1xx sector - one of missions) - no Vidar yet.
I have over 30m on my bank account
I have quite poor rep with Terran (Marchal of Mars) so Springblossom is at the moment not an option... besides Terran ships look ugly to me.
I have no M6 so I cannot cap Hyperion.
Not lots of options. :P
Heavy Centaur or maybe Dragon?
You do not need a M6 to get in the M146 Sector. You could even get in ina space stui if you wanted. i finsihed all the plot with my M4 Sabre and later with the M3 you're given till you get the Vidar.

ANd the Vidar's the best M6 around, along with Sprinblossom, depends on your tastes.

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 05:09

What kind of capacity do the different ships have...for marines?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 08:54

M6s always carry 5, TPs 10, and M7s 20, AFAIK.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 15:49

I bought a heavy osprey because the stats looked good but I'm not that happy with it as a personal ship as it seems to run out of puff fairly quickly and is slow to turn. I tried it on a Xenon Q but I couldn't do enough damage to it with any of the weapons I had equipped (4xCIGs/4xPRGs/4x whatever that energy sucking ion weapon is).

I've recently bought an M7 Panther and I'm finding it a much nicer ship, it can't dock and is a little hungry on the energy cells but with FAAs all round it'll happily beat up a Xenon Q and anything smaller.

I don't know whether I simply picked an M6 that didn't suit me or whether it's the whole class though.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Eztrelle
x3tc

Post by Eztrelle » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 16:04

Hi All,

A couple of points.

1.) You do not need an M6 to carry on the Terran Plot from the point you are at. Infact you get given the Vidar at a later stage when you need it.

2.) With regards an M6 for capping.. I use a Heavy Centaur fitted with full CIG's on the front and IPG's in its left and right turrets. (PBG's in the rear for missile defence). I find the heavy centaur maybe a bit slower than the skirion.. but it turns faster!! and it looks way cooler!!

Ez
IBM AT 16MHz 386SX
DOS 3.3 (With EMM 386!!)
1 Mbyte RAM
256 Colour VGA graphics card (512 Kbytes RAM)
20 MByte Hard Drive
Creative SoundBlaster 1.0
14 inch, 640x480 Monitor

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:24

I don't know whether I simply picked an M6 that didn't suit me or whether it's the whole class though.
a few considerations,

CIGs/Ion Shard Railguns are high powered weapons but they are very energy hungry compared to HEPTs. For assaulting larger ships you should have some HEPTs (or Plasma Burst Generators) equipped as you get more bang for your joule.

Ospreys slowness is also a major concern :(
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

shifty_powers

Post by shifty_powers » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:36

pfft, forget m6's.

save up a bit more and get a Tiger. Death on a stick :D

Trust me, you won't regret it...
"I believe that inherent within the God-given right to the pursuit of happiness, is the equally God-given right to the pursuit of unhappiness. That is why I support gay marriage", Chuck Lorre, 2008

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 18:54

shifty_powers wrote:pfft, forget m6's.

save up a bit more and get a Tiger. Death on a stick :D

Trust me, you won't regret it...
With springblossom everything else becomes just support ships. Tigers/Panthers included (I prefer Panther and Trasher in M7 class. Ion Cannons on front rule).

H.F._Mudd
x3tc

Post by H.F._Mudd » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 19:25

Get an Agamemnon, Xenu's DC-8 of DEATH!!! :skull:

but if you simply want a marine/boarding ship, it's hard to beat the Hyperion Vanguard. :wink: This what I capped my Aggie with!
Wanderin' the wastelands...

X-Morgan
x4

Post by X-Morgan » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 19:30

H.F._Mudd wrote:Get an Agamemnon, Xenu's DC-8 of DEATH!!! :skull:

but if you simply want a marine/boarding ship, it's hard to beat the Hyperion Vanguard. :wink: This what I capped my Aggie with!
I can digg that! You'd be unbeatable with those bad boys!

Bwahahahahahaha!

[ external image ]
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world" - NERV Motto

elayeth

Post by elayeth » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 11:36

I bought Heavy Nemesis...
Good speed and rudder (better then Centaur), good firepower.

Still some money left.

My economy isnt bad so I could afford one. :P
I got 5 (broken in TC) UTs - not worht investing in - for sure!
I got 14 TSes as CAGs/sell for my station

2x complex and some other single stations.

I got:
3x mamba
1x advanced nova
1x chimera (as personal ship_
2x kestrel (as satelite deploy and asteroid scan...)
And some more that I do not care much for... :wink:

Just wanted to have my first M6...

I had no idea that I can finish M146 w/o M6. I tried several times with Chimera but failed quickly. I read somwhere that somebody finished it with M6.
How to finish it in fast Chimera?

Regarding my H.Nemesis - I will pack it with CIGs and IPG to capp some Hyperions and other M6...

Never done capping before so need some practice. :)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

shifty_powers

Post by shifty_powers » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 12:17

and marines.

look for the marine training script, makes your life a lot easier....
"I believe that inherent within the God-given right to the pursuit of happiness, is the equally God-given right to the pursuit of unhappiness. That is why I support gay marriage", Chuck Lorre, 2008

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”