[PROGRAM] Logitech G15 LCD Stats Applet V1.40 : Update 16/11/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rawh
x3tc

Post by Rawh » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 10:15

djwakt wrote:I am also putting my hand up in the hope that the G15 plugin gets updated to support X3:TC.
It was the only plugin I used in X3:Reunion and absolutely loved it!
I now keep looking at the LCD thinking I am still playing X3:Reunion.

If you don't end up having time to update the plugin, then I would still like to thank you for the work you did on the G15 X3:Reunion plugin.

Much appreciated.
I second that and would really like to see how the plugin works! :)

sibaz
x3tc

Post by sibaz » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 22:44

Me too. I've done the ground work for the AL Plugin (based on Cycrow's X3R work).

See http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=232191 for a current thread (within X3TC rather than X3R)

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 22:28

I just installed the applet as per the instructions, did every thing exactly checked to make sure my drivers were up to date (and I am guessing they are since I keep getting the "no updates found" message) but every thing seemes to be working just fine, however the "configure" button is grayed out and I am not sure why...

EDIT: :o ok....not sure what I just did but now every thing seemes to be more or less working now... :?

edit #2: just got it working...but on the LCD it still shows "no game found" but I configured it so its pointed to my X3.exe located on my "D" drive in the main folder of the game, did I miss some thing? I have the scripts installed and checked the AL settings and its turned on and apparently running...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

sibaz
x3tc

Post by sibaz » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 14:30

Whichever X3 you're trying this on, you need to ensure the scripts are loaded and that Artificial Life is turned on in the game. You can check that they are, by checking that the log files are being created.

In X3 Reunion, they are in the same directory as the X3.exe
In X3 Terran Conflict they're somewhere else, so follow the link above to see the discussion on G15 for X3TC

If they are being created, the applet should work. If the LCD is showing game not found, try rebooting the computer. You should only need to do this once (when it's installed) if at all.

gatos

Post by gatos » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 11:43

Thanx for this. A must have for G15 users :)

This will sound stupid but is there a way to display the credits of the player like so
xx,xxx,xxx and not like xxxxxxxx ?

e.x. 12,534,132 || 12534132

I find it kinda hard to read the number correctly at the keyboards lcd without grouping :)

sibaz
x3tc

Post by sibaz » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 17:43

I think that would need to be done by changing the applet code (rather than the X3 Script code), and until I write my own applet, you'd need to ask cycrow about doing that, and I suspect he's hella busy.

IceFire909
x4

G15 app help

Post by IceFire909 » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 20:57

So I downloaded the G15 app for this game, did everything it said. I type in the name thing to enable the Artificial Life...then In the AL settings, theres nothing. According to the scripts halp file it should be there, but it totally lied theres nothing there!

Anyone got an idea?

{Forum Rule 12. Merge. jlehtone}
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Toastysoul
x4

Re: G15 app help

Post by Toastysoul » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 09:36

IceSilver wrote:So I downloaded the G15 app for this game, did everything it said. I type in the name thing to enable the Artificial Life...then In the AL settings, theres nothing. According to the scripts halp file it should be there, but it totally lied theres nothing there!

Anyone got an idea?

{Forum Rule 12. Merge. jlehtone}
Just got a G13 for my birthday yesterday, had the same problem as you, do the following:

Install the applet, use the configure button, POINT IT TO X3.EXE, not just the directory. Install the included script using Cycrow's package manager. Start your game, load a save, Alt-tab out. Open your task manager, kill X3LCD.exe, and restart it manually from it's directory (default: C:\Program Files\X3 Logitech G15 LCD Applet). If you've done everything right, the display should immediately change to your X3 stats, if not, alt tab back in. If you don't see them after that, you might have missed a step or have worse luck than I.

Took a few minutes to get it running, but it works for me. :)

LordXaosa

Post by LordXaosa » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 17:10

Cycrow, when do you plan to make applet for x3tc? It's very usefull thing

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 17:13

unforatuatlly i lost the code for this so i will have to make it from scratch.

i do plan to eventually, but i have other things to do first, like the new plugin manager, and installing ships, etc

n0Life
x3tc

Post by n0Life » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 01:45

Hi there!

Just wondering if you're able to script a X3 TC version for LCDStudio? :)

I've got a remote LCD screen (bigger than G15 LCD) so I could add more data.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 18:35

i've never used LCD Studio, so i couldn't say.

but the scripts can work for TC, so if LCD studio is capable of reading files, then it would be possible.

if i didn't lose the code, there would already be a TC version

the Reunion one is simply a program written in C++ to connect to the LCD Display

snyper636

Post by snyper636 » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 20:41

Oh great and mighty CYCROW... Grovel, Grovel...

:roll:

Been a fan of your apps for ages and loved your G15 for years. I wonder if it would be possible for you to do something similar for the display on my new saitek x52 pro?

even just displaying the same stats so I can view page one on G15 and page 2 on my x52 at once? I have attempted programming but fail miserably due to dyslexia lol, and so rely on dedicated hard workers like you.

I have also seen an app that changes the led light colours depending on sheild strength etc but cannot find a working link anywhere, just in case you could incorperate this idea too?

Really hope you can help and keep up the good work :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 20:53

dyslexia is not reason not too code, afterall, im dyslexic as well ;)

i do plan to remake the G15 app for both TC and Reunion, when i do i will look into the x52 as well

snyper636

Post by snyper636 » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 22:47

Kudos to you mate, I keep getting syntax errors left right and center as I mix numbers and letters up lol.

I would love to give it another go sometime but have never found a good step by step beginners guide that I could follow. Perhaps someone could suggest a good one? pref for idiots... :lol:

I would love to be able to create apps and contribute but have always failed on the basics. Look forward to seeing your x52 app if you do one. Thanks

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 00:56

I did start to work on using your X3 script to feed data to a crystalfontz display way back but it got left at some point.

I'm playing on a laptop at the moment so this isn't a priority until I get to work on building a proper rig and then I'm really tempted by a G19........

jonnyincognito
x3tc

Post by jonnyincognito » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 22:19

All I have to say is...

:o

P.S. Let me guess, this gives me the damned modified tag?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 19:48

jonnyincognito wrote:P.S. Let me guess, this gives me the damned modified tag?
yes it does, it needs scripts running to export the current game data

jonnyincognito
x3tc

Post by jonnyincognito » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 04:18

Cycrow wrote:
jonnyincognito wrote:P.S. Let me guess, this gives me the damned modified tag?
yes it does, it needs scripts running to export the current game data
LAME! I suppose that will keep me from running out and dropping the money on that expensive keyboard. I already bought their backlit one...didn't know they had a fancy pants gaming one too! :) Still, you are AWESOME.

deathman20
x3tc

Post by deathman20 » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 04:20

Cycrow wrote:dyslexia is not reason not too code, afterall, im dyslexic as well ;)

i do plan to remake the G15 app for both TC and Reunion, when i do i will look into the x52 as well
Curious if you've looked further into this. Just got myself a G510 and curious to what this could be like for X3: TC.
i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz 8Gig Ram
M4 128Gig SSD's Raid 0
7950 @ 1050/1400
24" Dell LCD 1920x1200

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”