X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cboath
x3tc

Post by cboath » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 06:58

I am about to try the Race Response fleets, Race Patrols and maybe sector takeover scripts because my X3:TC universe seems to be too quiet.

I was surprised that my 1st EST trader went down so soon, but thems the breaks.

So i think some insanity would be welcome.

My X3:R cd is probably in storage someplace, but i have the saves here on this comp for some reason. I stopped playing X3:R XTM when it took 20 minutes to either load or save a game and i looked at the saves and they were near 100 megabytes each. It was probably my fault as i may have been screwing around with the script editor. Most likely i had spawned a nav sat in the center of every sector every time the game started but i do not remember.

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 13:14

nice to see txu back online!
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

baric
x4

Post by baric » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 18:53

TXU is back online? I am still getting errors when trying to access the site.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 05:47

TXU is back online, but the new DNS has still to fully propagate across the net, so a few people may still get a 404 when trying to access TXU. This issue should fully resolve itself within the next day or so.
Unserene wrote:Nice to see you guys bounce back from a bad experience...like you usually do.

Good luck with the X3TC mod version :)
Thanks Unserene. :)

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 08:02

Wait, do I have to do a new starting points list for this?

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 08:08

Only when it will be released.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 08:33

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

....I'll do it!
I'll DO it!
I'll do it!

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 12:35

supakillaii wrote:Wait, do I have to do a new starting points list for this?
You will need a separate list for XTC. ;)

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 15:50

But can I use the template?
Please?
Pretty please?
Pretty please with a Mammoth Tank (Mk. II of course, I is old as shit and III is useless and fugly)?

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 08:00

supakillaii wrote:But can I use the template?
I don't see why not.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 14:07

Sweet!

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 15:15

Aragon Speed wrote:Last night our hosts servers had a hacker attack them. To protect the servers they have all currently been shut down (And there are a few hundred of them).

After the security breach has been fixed, they will be starting the servers up again one by one. A few are reported to have had total data loss before the servers were shut down, while others have only partial data loss.
Thanks, AS, I figured it was something like that. Here I was on a bit of a holiday, and came back to a downed server.. wondering if my absence had in some way cause the 'verse to implode. ;)

Hope you're back up and running soon.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 04:28

Ooooooo a Xtended for terran Conflict?! Woahzah! You guys more or less created and paved the way for TC and Now TC:Xtended might pave the way for X4. Lets all hope that this is BIG. Really I was a lil dissapointed with TC as it was a lil bland unlike Reunion witch i Still play! With Xtended ofcourse.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 09:34

...let's just say 'The Universe won't be the same' ;)

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 12:16

tag for future reference

DarkCorp
x3tc

Post by DarkCorp » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 13:04

Is there a release date ???

How can we support your work ?

DarkCorp INC Piraterie et Contrebande en tout genre...

stemardue
x3tc

Re: X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC)

Post by stemardue » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 15:05

Hi DarkCorp!
Aragon Speed wrote: We do not have a concrete, or even an approximate, release date set yet. Looking at the amount of work we have already done, and looking at what we still want to complete before the first release, we think that we are going to get a release in the fourth quarter of 2009, but with a project of this size that could slip a little.
As for your second question, you can send us your checkbook, duly signed on each check, we'll take care of filling in the blanks ;)

Hehe j/k - your best support is continuing to enjoy XTM and the next releases and share with us your gaming satisfactions ;)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 16:05

Questions about M0 class:

1) Do you plan to bring back all M0 from XTM ?

From what I remeber, there was three of them: Argon, Terran and Paranid (and maybe a Goner Arran).

2) Also do you plan to make M0 for all other commonwealth races (Teladi, Split and Boron) ?

3) It would be nice if M0 ships would be used by AL militaries, from what I remember, in TXM there was only Valhalla, that was present as NPC ship.

4) What would be very interesting for me: Could you bring back (or create new) M0 for Xenon and Khaak ? It would be fun to fight one of these in "Hold position" or "Patrol" missions - because right now, two M2 and one M1 per wave is no match for me :(

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 07:55

mr.WHO wrote:Questions about M0 class:

1) Do you plan to bring back all M0 from XTM ?

From what I remeber, there was three of them: Argon, Terran and Paranid (and maybe a Goner Arran).

2) Also do you plan to make M0 for all other commonwealth races (Teladi, Split and Boron) ?

3) It would be nice if M0 ships would be used by AL militaries, from what I remember, in TXM there was only Valhalla, that was present as NPC ship.

4) What would be very interesting for me: Could you bring back (or create new) M0 for Xenon and Khaak ? It would be fun to fight one of these in "Hold position" or "Patrol" missions - because right now, two M2 and one M1 per wave is no match for me :(
Aragon Speed wrote:That concludes what we're willing to release in terms of information just now. ;)
:twisted:

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 09:10

And to bug you guys even further, do you plan to keep the game pace (rewards, rank gains, money gains) X3-TC style, or revert it to the slower (and superior, in my opinion) gameplay pace of X3-R?

Oh, and yeah, a request - gimme my OTAS Reaper! Please.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”