X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 09:14

Hmm, for me, give me please the original Valhalla, not that monstrosity seen in TC.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

NeilDingley
x4

Post by NeilDingley » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 14:29

Can we get some Capital Ship type which have got Main Forward Guns fired from the Cockpit, say a Ship that has 12 (or More) PPC/Gamma Kyon cannons fired from the cockpit, with some small 2gun Flak Turrets elsewhere.

And also Storage Depot Stations - with storage like the headquarters for storing tons of collected resources, enough to fill Multiple TL class ships (which should be able to dock with it), the current Equipment Docks and Trading stations have terrible storage space hell you need two of them to store enough HEPTs to Equip a M3 fighter.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 17:11

plynak wrote:Hmm, for me, give me please the original Valhalla, not that monstrosity seen in TC.
We will see what we can do, just for you. ;)

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 17:50

Aragon Speed wrote:
plynak wrote:original Valhalla.
just for you. ;)
name one person who doesn't want the xtm valhalla back. also i can read your sig, bend over and think of england.

p.s. if for whatever reason the castrum isn't going to return, replace the boreas model with it.

riky69

Post by riky69 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 18:08

You could bring the old valhalla back

Have you ever consider to change the race portraits in video comunications on the vanilla game??

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 18:27

@ricky69: i guess the last 3 or 4 posts already answer that first question ;)

Regarding the comms portraits... would you download a mod file of over 1Gb just because 98% of it is a video file replacing the comms portraits?

Not worth doing it... ^^

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 18:31

xavierd wrote:name one person who doesn't want the xtm valhalla back.
I don't want it.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

thunderai
x3tc

Post by thunderai » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 20:08

Isn't it so god damn pick its pointless anyway?

riky69

Post by riky69 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 00:02

Yeah it s a crazy idea i know :lol: you could just give some "serious" pictures (not video sequences i know it requests too much time on it) of all char shown in communications (i saw many beautiful artworks of axeface in the forum) .. Only to give a credible look as the aliens should have.. Not the kind of "baby pongo look" that vanilla game uses for argons teladi or boron.. those poor faces feel so ugly in front of fantastic planets sectors stations and ships during the game and estetically speaking those pongo robot faces give an ambient that not inspire the really atmosphere the game should have

Ps: sorry for my bad english :)

riky69

Post by riky69 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 00:46

And.. What about giving different looks for stations on each race? For ex in X2 boron stations looks like completely different as the argon ones.. So you clearly understand when you enter in a sector of a different race
It could be really cool :o

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 02:17

Gazz wrote:
xavierd wrote:name one person who doesn't want the xtm valhalla back.
I don't want it.
I don't know which I prefer, but looking at the Valhalla in the Model viewer I can honestly say I like it... it looks in keeping with the other ATF models.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 05:11

As long as BOTH Valhalla models will be available in the mod (maybe Valhalla MkI, or Valhalla Prototype), everyone will be happy, right?

I myself like the XTM one better, but I also think that Egosoft's Vally has a certain appeal.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 05:28

Oh, you guys. :D

Glad to see you guys are still intent on making more awesome stuff. And if I can get my Leviathan back I will truly be a happy puppy. :twisted:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 07:45

silenced wrote:I personally hope the next "X-Tended" is LESS combat-focussed, which is somewhat i hope from reading "more storyline". Since the last one in X3:R was a bit over the top, especially the permanent Wasp-spamming J's although they didn't even have some on board.

But we will see ...
Anything that is annoying to the majority will be swatted. We want the mod to be a challenge, but not frustrating and annoying. ;)

pja
x4

Post by pja » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 18:51

X2-Eliah wrote:I myself like the XTM one better, but I also think that Egosoft's Vally has a certain appeal.
In a kind of thrown together in "scrap heap challenge" kind of way?

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 19:40

its appealing in the 'oh my god what the hell is that rancid pile of junk!' kind of way. which is to say that the xtm valhalla is a 1000 fold better.

ignore gazz, hes a noob. :wink:
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 18:17

For all who like to read some new stories, the new terran teaser for XTC is up at http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=16004

Enjoy!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 18:29

riky69 wrote:Yeah it s a crazy idea i know :lol: you could just give some "serious" pictures (not video sequences i know it requests too much time on it) of all char shown in communications (i saw many beautiful artworks of axeface in the forum) .. Only to give a credible look as the aliens should have.. Not the kind of "baby pongo look" that vanilla game uses for argons teladi or boron.. those poor faces feel so ugly in front of fantastic planets sectors stations and ships during the game and estetically speaking those pongo robot faces give an ambient that not inspire the really atmosphere the game should have

Ps: sorry for my bad english :)
the problem is that to change the portraits, u have to edit the standard video file, which u would then need to put into the mod.

the file is several gb in size, so it doesn't matter if its videos, or still pictures, the result is the same.

theres no way to release seperate pictures to use as portraits

riky69

Post by riky69 » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 19:05

And obviously explain how to put the portraits in x3 video format using a video editor :) just give some pictures if somebody wants to change the portraits and a mini readme to show how we can import them

What do you think about the idea of different race stations??

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 19:38

riky69 wrote:And obviously explain how to put the portraits in x3 video format using a video editor :) just give some pictures if somebody wants to change the portraits and a mini readme to show how we can import them

What do you think about the idea of different race stations??
Interesting idea but lots and lots of work. ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”