[Script] STEALTH Lasertowers - Ring of Fire (v2.27 - 28.04.08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rhadamant
x4

Post by Rhadamant » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 08:04

Touche. I found an easy work around. I dropped a satellite right infront of the gate and then setup the LTs around the satellite. It looks right and it works fine. I think its buggy on Avarice because the map is massive. I know that doesn't sound too technical but the gates don't even fit on the sector map on full zoom out. Maybe this is why?

BTW you should see MY Avarice. Its lovely.

2nd BTW; How do you de-cloak and cloak already deployed SLTs?

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 00:29

actually i've had the east-west crossup on a few sectors. probs just a line mixed up, it happens lol.

Now what is a much more serious problem though is the friend/foe settings. I implore you to set the default for the "show as enemy if enemy to me" to no. I've had enough problems with my early and cheap ring of 7: I set it to no as fast as i could before they cloaked, yet a little while later they uncloak, attack a teladi ship, lose me a rank, then override their own ff settings to foe to all, in spite of what my globals say.

I think some sort of mechanism may be needed to safeguard against that sort of thing, since once they are placed they are nearly impossible to play around with. I gave up on my ring of 79, It would be nice if there was some sort of fix before i start puting multiple rings of 360 and closing off the xenon sectors.

btw, a note for you: I'm using xtended mod, and what with the cap ship explosions on destructions, every time a xenon cap gets demolished as it comes through it exploded (even OOS) and takes the shields and some hull down on the whole ring. Any tips or ideas on how to settle that problem? Bigger ring?
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 12:15

I don't know a way for a script to turn off "show as enemy...".
I think some sort of mechanism may be needed to safeguard against that sort of thing since once they are placed they are nearly impossible to play around with.
Does the decloak command not work?
every time a xenon cap gets demolished as it comes through it exploded (even OOS) and takes the shields and some hull down on the whole ring. Any tips or ideas on how to settle that problem?
Other than the obvious? No.
Either setup those LT somewhere else or tone down the cap ship explosion radius.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 12:44

The decloak does work, it's just having to go through each lazertower individually to correct it's settings gets to be a pain, and I plan (eventually) to have rings around all gates to hostile sectors.

I suspect the error with friend-foe switching is part of a larger error, as I've heard rumours of people having similar problems with patrol ships etc who then go on a rampage. At least patrol ships are usually in groups of 5-6, not 300+. I haven't yet seen anyone say they've found the cause of the F/F switching, but adding a switch to set the "show as enemy if enemy to me" to No (or make it an option) and running the updater for the F/F settings more often would at least mean that if that odd error happens then they will correct rather than declaring war. Sometimes a remedy can stop the need for a cure?

The blast damage I can live with lol, these are capital ships going bang afterall. Just thought you would be interested to know since it's the likely achilles heel of a ring of fire

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 03:34

I love the script however would like to have a destroy option as i got over 700 towers in avarice, however the ff is working for me. cept I cant get the them to uncloak manually (less i miss read about that) however Im scripting in a hostile ship with major shields and then blowing them up myself. only took 2 hours to kil 340of them out of 360 on one gate. then the game crashed from lag. was fun though :wink:

anyhow keep up the work. fun script just to tired to understand were i was placing them lol

JCTiger
x3tc

Post by JCTiger » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 04:40

I <3 you Gazz. Due my love of this script, and the lack of LT's in my verse, I just built two self-sustaining complexes each with 8 LT factories.

YAY!
Peow Peow!

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 05:10

lol i got something similar to that, cept i cant keep enough meat steaks supplying it

zhanxj

Post by zhanxj » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 08:31

I set pirates to Foe in my global settings,and i send the settings to all my properties.LT work well if they decloaked. After the LT stealthed, the settings of all LT become Freind,even the private. So LT let the pirates pass OOS and not IS.I confused.Is it a bug?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 13:01

zhanxj wrote:I set pirates to Foe in my global settings
And they revert to friend while your global setting still said foe?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

zhanxj

Post by zhanxj » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 11:03

Gazz wrote:
zhanxj wrote:I set pirates to Foe in my global settings
And they revert to friend while your global setting still said foe?
yes!!! LT will automatically revert to friend to every race after they cloaked. So privates can pass without a LT decloak OOS. IS is perfect.
Help me.

[WP]Aesthir
x3tc

Post by [WP]Aesthir » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 22:19

Greetings,

I have a few questions about this script... if they have been answered before my apologies, please just link me to the relevant post in the thread in that case.. (I didn't read the entire thread, though what I did read seems vey interesting).

I am about to start the Aldrin missions, and I was wondering if this most excellent and awesome looking mod will be capable of defending a certain TUS from being overrun by Xenon through a certain gate... (you know what I mean... :P) From what I read, the upgrades to their OOS effectiveness are quite amazing, and if a set of 360 of these bugzappers could keep that particular gate secure, then this will truly be what I am looking for :D

If so: considering the fact that ships tend to "warp in" a few km in front of the gate OOS, if I understood that correctly, what would be a good distance to deploy those rings from a gate?

Any and all help/advise would be greatly appreciated :)

*ps: no MARS scripts or similar combat enhancing mods are currently used in my game (... yet...), in case that would make a difference. (I would definately suspect so :P)
"In one dimension, I find existence. In two I find life, but in three, I find freedom..."

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 04:19

i'd really like a 'cheat' verision of this where u dont need any LT's or microships but instead they charge u credits for them as i have ALOT of credits but CBA to go around finding LTs and microships
F signature

zoliss

Post by zoliss » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 23:34

Hello,
this mod work in french?? Cause i dont see any command anywhere in my menu. I am using MARS EST CAG Universal explorer SCS and some others but cant see any command for this one. I am at a point where it is completly unplayable since i have an alert every minute than 1 of my ship is attacked so... I need this mod.

Bleh just realize it was X3 reunion...

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 01:41

It sohuld do.. and it also exist for Terran Conflict
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221915
F signature

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 09:04

peanutcat...sounds like a good time for you to start your entry into the world of scripting!

Look for a line in the mod "get amount of ware Lasertower", and similar for microchips. Replace it with a check for amount of credits. You'll have to analyse the code a little to get the details but that's half the fun.

Learning basic scripting is actually quite entertaining. I occasionally bugfix the scripts I have, although the biggest use I have is a set of scripts for desperately trying to recover the dead economies of the terrans and the NE block. replacing fabs, getting rid of the impossible numbers of military ships in the hope that they spawn more traders, killing civilians, etc. once or twice had to script in the middle of battle: tbh I think something is a little broken when I'm supposed to be following someone for a plot mission and there are 5 destroyers in front of me for no apparent reason. Good times :P

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Thu, 11. Oct 12, 20:53

My favorite script of all time :)
Shame I can't get it working with AP right now :D
Must be a conflict with one of the other 20+ scripts.

xrpgkingx

am i blind or just stupid

Post by xrpgkingx » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 01:13

:evil: i have been trying to figure this out for what seems like forever i have a mammoth its loaded down with laser towers and chips but i see absolutely no option to deploy them when i select the towers all that comes up is the option to dump them in space. how or where do i turn this on so i can use it? i read threw the guide but i don't see ANY WHERE that the creator of the script actually tells you how to start it.

that seems to be a huge trend with scriptwriters and x games they give you this cool mod or script and don't tell you crap about how you actually start it or use it

can any one help me get this started or point me in the right direction. thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 09:24

I haven't use this script, but due to the fact that it registers a "Special" command slot, check the equally named command section in the command console of your ship for the respective command.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 00:44

I'm having an issue with this script... the towers deploy just fine and cloak up, but then very rarely uncloak. I've had pirates sitting on my complex hub with 3-4 groups of 5 stealthed lasertower in range, global settings have pirates as enemy, and even after i open fire in sector the lasertowers don't do anything.

However, the groups i've placed out to hold back terran ships seem to be doing just fine.

Aquadrox
x4

Post by Aquadrox » Sat, 7. May 16, 13:35

Qui ne pete pas ou ne rote pas est voué a l'explosion

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”