2nd Hand M6/TM

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ripskar
x3ap

2nd Hand M6/TM

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 21:04

I've been trying to work out the factors that govern the appearance of the 2nd Hand M6/TM. My results have been somewhat hit and miss and they've been coming like busses - none for ages then a couple come along very close together and from the same race.
My observations are that they always appear docked at shipyards, come with CLS and jumpdrive and 4 marines, at least one of which is four stars or better.

Last summer I picked up the 2nd Hand chain hypothesis from the forums though Carlo has thrown that one out as being a trick of the RNG.

Weapons and shields are random, some have CIGs and a 200 MJ, others have IREs and a couple of 1 MJ shields.
I've never come across a cheap one and selling them always loses money.

Does anyone else have anything on them that might show a way to increasing their appearance?
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 21:11

not sure if this has any bearing on your data, but I recently picked up a Boa at Patriarch's Conclusion that came with like 5 crappy marines. I think they had a a total of 4 stars between them. I remember that the purchase price wasn't absurdly high, so that may have something to do with it, I think I only paid around a million for it.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 21:42

Was that 'Overall' stars or 'Fighting" stars?

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 23:14

Wouldn't have been the current version, but I have more than once bought M6's and immediately sold them for profit. Before anyone had suggested that you could get marines on board (so I didn't check...). Possibly before that was introduced (don't remember it being mentioned till about v2.5).

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 01:19

They don't always come with marines, it's pretty much random I think.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 03:00

I found a Teladi Osprey in PTNI for 480,000. It also had 4 sucky marines and 200 MJ shield at about 68% hull. It is the only M6 I have ever seen for sale 2nd hand. Usually I only find TS's and M5, 4, and 3's. Is it fight rank that determines what is offered? :?
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Venereus

Post by Venereus » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 04:51

I few minutes ago I bought a Helios (Paranid TM) from a Paranid Shipyard for a little over 3 millions. Came with 100% hull, a Jumpdrive, SETA, 12 fighter drones, 4 FBL, full shields (2x200) and 3 marines (no CLS though). One marine has no stars, another has only 1 star in fighting and the other has 5 stars in Engineering and 3 in everything else (4 overall).

Hope it helps.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 09:54

Marines aboard and no CLS? Is that possible? :?

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 11:15

It had to have CLS or there would be no marines. :roll:

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 14:28

Remember CLS can mean Cargo Logistics System (or summat) and also Cargobay Life Support :p

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 15:17

CLS Mk1 and CLS Mk2 = Commody Logistics Software (Bonus Pack script)

CLS = Cargo Lifesupport System
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 15:17

Ripskar wrote:Was that 'Overall' stars or 'Fighting" stars?
No they were really bad, I think they each had 1 star in something except one who didn't have any. I ended up training them up some since I already owned them, and will use them as fodder and see if they survive in upcoming boarding missions.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:14

Something I've noticed, but may or may not be a factor.

Purchased used Falcon Sentinel ... suddenly got offers for Mambe & Harrier Sentinels.

Purchased a couple of Skirons ... suddenly was offered a used Centaur, and a used Hydra shortly after that. The Centaur was mostly bare without marines, however the Hydra had some Boron marines in it, but only 1 with multiple stars.

So there may be a correlation between recent purchases & used ship offers.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:25

Not to be rude, but I'm getting a serious "looking for patterns that aren't there" vibe from this thread.

Used ship offers are dictated by the Mission Director, right? Then all we have to do is look into the code and we'll have all of our answers without this lengthy experimentation.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:33

Look guys it's all down to the RNG, you just looking for something that just isn't there.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:38

There is actually a bit of a pattern to it, but not what you think. It seems the RNG can get stuck on generating a lot of the same mission types at the same time. I've gone into multiple sectors where almost every 'lightbulb' mission was a covert ops, for example. Lot's and lot's of the same mission type. So if you've seen more return ship missions after taking one, that's because the game has created a bunch all at once.

I see this kind of thing all the time. I'm looking for station defense missions but every combat mission in the sectors I'm checking is an assassination, for example. So don't be surprised at seeing all those return ship missions at once. It has nothing to do with you taking one and then the game giving you more. It's just how they're generated when you entered the sector.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:47

Nanook wrote:There is actually a bit of a pattern to it, but not what you think. It seems the RNG can get stuck on generating a lot of the same mission types at the same time. I've gone into multiple sectors where almost every 'lightbulb' mission was a covert ops, for example. Lot's and lot's of the same mission type. So if you've seen more return ship missions after taking one, that's because the game has created a bunch all at once.

I see this kind of thing all the time. I'm looking for station defense missions but every combat mission in the sectors I'm checking is an assassination, for example. So don't be surprised at seeing all those return ship missions at once. It has nothing to do with you taking one and then the game giving you more. It's just how they're generated when you entered the sector.
Even so there is pretty much no point in going looking for a pattern that isn't likely to show all the time. As already mentioned it's random. :lol:

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:50

That'll explain the 2 2nd hand centaurs with similar marines and kit I found in Legend's Home, one at the Argon Yard, one at OTAS...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:50

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
Nanook wrote:There is actually a bit of a pattern to it, but not what you think. It seems the RNG can get stuck on generating a lot of the same mission types at the same time. I've gone into multiple sectors where almost every 'lightbulb' mission was a covert ops, for example. Lot's and lot's of the same mission type. So if you've seen more return ship missions after taking one, that's because the game has created a bunch all at once.

Even so there is pretty much no point in going looking for a pattern that isn't likely to show all the time. As already mentioned it's random. :lol:
Not quite. The point is, if you find one such mission, you're likely to find several more in short order, at least until those missions expire and new ones are generated. Don't go looking for a different pattern, but if you do find one such mission, do go looking for more. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:54

You known you could go crazy looking.... :sceptic:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”