Kha'ak Corvettes

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dank7430
x3ap

Kha'ak Corvettes

Post by Dank7430 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 14:49

So was doing a patrol sector mission was in my mamba (from bounty hunter start) and a couple of kha'ak corvettes spawned. Thought this could be tricky but tried anyway. So after destroying one with just 4 pacs and only mosquito missiles as missile defence, went after the second one. So I found this one a little trickier it started lowering my shields I had it around 50% hull and wasnt going to let go of it till I killed it even if it meant hull damage. After awhile it got mu shields to 10% then it hit me again with a glancing blow lowering them to 7% and my jumpdrive got destroyed. My sheilds manged to get back up to 10% then same thing happened agian except it was my energy cells that got destroyed. So on I went till I destroyed it but each and every time it hit my shields below 10% it destroyed another piece of equipment almost destroying all on board equipment. I thought equipment could only be destroyed after taking hull damage???

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 15:27

As you have seen, there is a small chance of onboard equipment loss on receiving weapon hits or being rammed at low Player ship shield levels (~10% shield or less). The chance of equipment loss is quite small each time so you must have had a really bad run of RNG outcomes if it kept on doing it to you throughout that single encounter.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 15:41

Kha'ak are dirty, rotten cheaters. :shock:
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 15:50

Alan Phipps wrote:As you have seen, there is a small chance of onboard equipment loss on receiving weapon hits or being rammed at low Player ship shield levels (~10% shield or less). The chance of equipment loss is quite small each time so you must have had a really bad run of RNG outcomes if it kept on doing it to you throughout that single encounter.
Thanks I thought my game had went realy wonky. Its the first time I have noticed that happening.

Yeah RNG god dosent like me must be all those ships I have been capping, karmas a bitch. :lol:

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 20:30

At least you weren't playing X2, where everything onboard your ship is made of glass, and will break in the event of collision (even at max shielding) or weapons fire at any vaguely low shield integrity. GoD help you if the enemy has Ion Disruptors. :roll:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”