how will surface elements "turrets" be grouped?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

salking
x4

how will surface elements "turrets" be grouped?

Post by salking » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 21:19

Thats one of the thing's I currently haven't found any info on.

in X3:TC there were 6 groups on m2/m1 and some m7.
will XR have the same grouping or will it be more individual?

For example, if you have mixed anti-fighter and anti-capital on one side of the ship, can the turrets with anti-capital fire on a different target than the ones with anti-fighter?

or even better all turrets can target whatever they want.

well this is probably wishful thinking on my part for surface elements with turrets.
can we please have more info on what they can do and what we can put on them except weapons and shields.
Last edited by salking on Sun, 2. Oct 11, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 21:22

Given the shift towards manned capital ships, I have a feeling it'll be loosely based on MARS and other scripts which "force" turrets to engage targets based on how effective they can be against them, probably with turrets managed individually or clustered by the player in groups.

Just feelings or wishes.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 22:22

Dantrithor wrote:Given the shift towards manned capital ships, I have a feeling it'll be loosely based on MARS and other scripts which "force" turrets to engage targets based on how effective they can be against them, probably with turrets managed individually or clustered by the player in groups.

Just feelings or wishes.
I get the feeling they will be independent. Since we can select where to position them, we could make a ship with an incredible broadside barrage, and full shields on the front. To go in quick, turn, and kill at short range!

That's my wish as well :)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 22:46

Wonder if they will put the hop in turret view and manually use them like in the older x games. Probably not due to 1 ship thing but remote control and controlling a turret manually might be in who knows.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:07

I suspect that each gun emplacement will work independently, not in groups like with TC - remember the 6 turrets thing was an engine limitation, this this a NEW engine :)

I'd hope to be able to put a mix of light/heavy turrets for a given face of the ship, but hopefully we'll get more details soon.

Directly controlling a given emplacement (or group) via the VR interface would be cool.

I remember when X2 came out and I spent all my time in the rear turret of my first Nova shooting stuff while the AI did it's thing flying the ship. Was great fun.

Scoob.

salking
x4

Post by salking » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 13:53

Just thought of something else kinda off topic.
(didn't wanna start a new topic on the matter.)

is it just me, or does the images for the mining station and the ore refining module look exactly the same?

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/ ... en_017.jpg

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/ ... en_006.jpg

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 14:17

I think they're the same thing and Egosoft just changed the name during production.

It's either that or "refining module" refers specifically to a component of the station, while "Ore Mining Station" refers to the entire structure.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 14:36

If you look at them you will see raw ore (mining) and a furnance (refinary). That's how I see it anyways.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:15

KloHunt3r wrote:I think they're the same thing and Egosoft just changed the name during production.

It's either that or "refining module" refers specifically to a component of the station, while "Ore Mining Station" refers to the entire structure.
It is pretty obvious the Mining Station has an Ore Refining Module attached.

The Ore Refining Module consists of the other four modules listed, Transportation, Extraction, Processing, and Containerization, AFAICT.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”