Huge Respect For Bernd And The Team

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Bones
x3

Post by Bill Bones » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 22:22

shireknight wrote:
Bill Bones wrote:Egosoft would have had a much better chance with me if they hadn't chosen to remove what I liked from their games. :(

No space dogfight = no reason to bother leaving EVE.
No multiple ships = no reason to play X Rebirth at all.
You should read the stickies before posting, both of those things are still in the game :roll:
The stickies are reality. Your post is wishful thinking.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 22:53

Your post is a blatant lie.

We will have dogfighting. We will have multiple ships.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 22:57

We will be able to own and command multiple ships.

We will only directly pilot one ship.

But depending on how it is implemented, VR drone flight might replace piloting other ships in practice if not in principle.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Quirc
x4

Post by Quirc » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 20:56

The only way to absolutely know for sure what is and what isn't by your own perspective is to wait for the game to come out. Until then, no point getting stressed over anything that you kinda think might not be what you're looking for.

Back on topic with the OP, I think Egosoft does deserve kudos. I can probably still count with my fingers the number of game companies that fit all of the following criteria:

A) They don't sacrifice quality on behalf of their accountants.

No offense to accountants, I know you're not all evil, it's just... well, most of you are and you know it.

B) They admit their mistakes and work to fix them.

I'm sure someone could nitpick away at this and find something, but I'm sure we can all admit/concede that Egosoft does make a real effort.

C) They foster a mod community.

From what I understand this wasn't always the case, but it's certainly one of the best business decisions they've made. Other companies (Bethesda being an excellent example) have learned that fostering and enabling a mod community can not only extend the playability of their repertoire, but can also lead to better games in the future (case in point being the relationship between XTM and X3:TC, or Bethesda's tendency to borrow modder's ideas for games in the Elder Scrolls series).

D) They keep things real.

I know this bullet point makes me sound like a hipster, but it's a relevant statement. I haven't seen Egosoft overhype one of their games yet (at least not from my own perspective), I haven't seen them overprice any of their games yet, and they seem to respect their customers in general.

So, regardless of whether this game is everything I hope for or nothing I want, I can at least admit the above and know there's still a lot worse out there. In the end, just vote with your wallets and Egosoft will know how it did.[/i]

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”