Short interview with Bernd

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:57

LTerSlash wrote:I wonder the same, Jumpdrivers are IN... but highways are the only form of fast travel?! something is wrong here...
Honestly I hope the JD go to the way of doodle land now that we have the highway system. Or at least make it only available on the largest ship.

Xeroeth
x4

Post by Xeroeth » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 18:03

Even if there will be no JD in vanilla, mods will change that.
||MOBO: ASUS X99-A II||CPU:I7-6800k||GPU:EVGA 3080FTW3||RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 64GB||PSU:EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2||
||DISPLAYS:SAMSUNG G9 & IYAMA PROLITE XU2390||LCS:2xHWL BLACK ICE SR2 480 & LAING D5||SYSTEM:WIN 11||

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 18:34

about the random pirates of the route of highways

In the thread what we know about Rebirth its stated that nothing will be random in the game

bit of a let down because I would be so cool to have random things between zones

never know what you gonna get :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 18:45

*shrug*
Any sufficiently complex system is indistinguishable from a random system.

For instance, most of the "random" numbers that computers use are not random at all but follow a random-looking pattern.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 00:44

Gazz wrote:Hmmkay.
So you can not build / alter highways, which makes deep space in XRB as useless as in TC.

There goes exploration.
If it hasn't been explored already (aka a highway built), you can not discover any interesting uhh... real estate because it would stay forever "too far out to be worthwhile".

Besides the updated release date, Bernd took great care not to answer any of the other questions. =P
I'm still holding out for the idea of a cruise drive. Bernd said we could target cap ships jumpdrives (when he was talking about subsystems) so I assume that we can at least have capital ships jump into deep space. What this would mean is that you'd be reliant on large ships ferrying fleets of smaller ones, but it would provide more security. I don't think it'd work for a production station, but could work as a pirate one...

Also, if we can't build em, it will come out in a mod. I will get said mod. Until then, I will maintain hope.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 02:34

It sounds as though the Rebirth universe is somewhat like a collection of Terran systems in X3TC with systems connected to each other by jump gates and inter-system travel handled by highways and super highways instead of SETA and Accelerators.

I hope that navigating highways makes for lasting fun because I found travelling through the Terran systems got old very quickly.

Inauxas

Post by Inauxas » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 03:16

2012... :-( I was all excited about the 4th quarter 2011 they have posted on THEIR site. This saddens me greatly. Looks like it will be Skyrim and SOTS 2.

Mixomyzetoum
x3tc

Post by Mixomyzetoum » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 10:56

Is the word "übership" an original part of the interview? :D
Wie man's macht ist's verkehrt. Und macht man's falsch ist's auch nicht richtig.
Split dir nun zeigen was Angst ist! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 17:20

Mixomyzetoum wrote:Is the word "übership" an original part of the interview? :D
Yeah, it is. Everything on the interview is exactly what Bernd said. 8)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”