One month untill the release of 2 X-Rebirth. 11/11/11

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr. Reeves
x4

One month untill the release of 2 X-Rebirth. 11/11/11

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 23:08

In one month I will be spending about $100 us dollars. The reason I know this Is because X-Rebirth and Oblivion Skyrim are comeing out and I have beaten and owned both of these games since X2 and Oblivion Morrowind respectively. I trust the developers to deliver a unique experiance worth paying for. And I've learned that $50 buys you at least 12 hours of entertainment. That breaks down to $4.17 an hour. 300,000 Human beings will probably buy this game. Currently the population of people living off-world is 003 and I'm sure one of them will want a copy of the game. So we can safely assume that 300,001 people will buy a copy of X rebirth which leads to a maximum net of $15,000,050. In the future millions may live off world on places like mars or the moon but for now if Earth is lost our species is finished, extinct forever. Not good....as far as science has conclusively proven we are the only species capable of fashioning a space ship and landing a man on another planet/moon. Which leads me to why the X series is so important. It inspires dreamers and inventors to think the impossible is indeed very damed possibe and pull out a fusion reactor, duckt tape, and a little bit of hull plateing and get to .8 the speed of light in just a few minites. Or the bored physicist who plays the game may decide that yes jumpgates are indeed possible and this is how you make one...

Sciece fiction has a way of becomeing scientific fact. Like how I could of only dreamed of a machine as fast and advanced as the one I'm using now when x2 brought my computer to it's knees and I killed it overclocking my Pentium processor so I could play the game at 5 FPS.

And I was very happy to play at 15 FPS. I wasn't able to fight anyone. But I quickly moved into capital ships through tradeing and built a series of factories. I destroyed my compition useing the AI to do my fighting and by giveing rocks a little push into stations. :twisted: I enjoyed the cutscenes because the cutscenes were the only thing that would play at a decent framerate. I got past the mines that guard this remnant I was supposed to scan. Eventually my computer died and started smoking but the experiance of playing this advanced game on my inferior machine was worth it. Because at the time I though my machine was fast. And haveing any game bring my computer to it's knees gives me hope that one day I'll be able to play that same game at 80-120 FPS.

With my current machine Deep Though, a referance to the computer from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galexcy, I hope to be impressed by the graphics at max settings. Deep Thought consists of a Asus Sapertooth Mobo, watercooled 2600K at 4.4 ghz, and gtx 275/265 in sli, 16 gigabytes DDR3 G-skill 1.5 volt ripjaws ram, 1200 watt inwin commando powersupply, and in a HAF 932 case I have been able to run all my games maxed out at about 30 FPS which is very playable.

And I hope the AI will not slam me into a large rock. My last computer was a duo core rig and the computer was named AutoPilok after the horrid auto pilot in the previos games.

With chipsets like P67 being so affordable there is no limit to what can be put into a computer game anymore. Processor speeds don't seem to go up as fast as they used to and there has not been a new direct x release talked about in over a year. So unless the PC market runs with it's one sole advantage over the console the market will become a stagnent pond of old equipment. Games that push the envelope and bring enthusiest machines to their knees also drive the need for hardware manufacturers to innovate more advanced chips. But if there is no demand generated by benchmarking games like Crysis and such as that then there will be no Direct X 12 and we will not get to see what full 3d games without the need to wear dorky glasses looks like.

So I'm very excited about the pretty picture X reunion will put on my screen. Even if it runs at 5 FPS it will be worth every penny to me as a Enthusiest machine builder.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 23:19

I mean yeah sure lots of free room to post all sorts of things about Rebirth, lots of polls and all.
But creating a topic with bold false info and including a poll that ask if people will illegally download the game, is kinda stretching it just a notch too much.

*closed*

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”