[HELP][AP]Mission director all reset, how to restart the plot?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sawk75

[HELP][AP]Mission director all reset, how to restart the plot?

Post by Sawk75 » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 23:48

Here i am : Due to the AP lag after generic missions, the missions director counting reset manage to remove the lag during some missions (so basically, reseting the mission director every 10 missions keep your game playable).
But : Is there any way to restart the plot after that? I did not even start it anyway
Small edit to say : I haven't any script and i was planning to keep my game as Vanilla but it is the only way to remove the AP source code Mistake who makes the game F.... lagg...

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 02:42

How did you reset the missions?

I would love to do that, the game is unplayable for me at the moment.

I am in he same boat as you and have not started any missions so I would like to know as well... :)

Edit: Don't worry I looked at your post history and found a one of your previous threads, resetting the mission director makes the frame rate shoot straight back to 60FPS WOW!!!

For anyone wondering

enable script editor "Thereshallbewings"

[ESC] -> Gameplay -> Mission Director -> Reset Mission Director (at the bottom) and enjoy the non laggy framerate.

just need for someone to tell us how to reset the plot mission when the next patch comes awesome... why didn't anyone mention this before...

Edit 2: Ah I've just figured it out myself...

go into the controls, find the mission director controls and set the force quest key...

Then go into the mission director like before, instead go into L3M02 -> Albion Prelude Start, press the key you assigned earlier, then go into L2M019 -> L2M019_C1 press the key again... done :D

I guess you could go to any part of the plot this way, good enough fix for me!!!

sneakbyte
x3tc

Post by sneakbyte » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 04:43

This should stickied as a temp fix on the tech support forum. Till egosoft release an official patch since you are not modifying the game files, it shouldn't cause any issues when the official patch is rolled out.

This fixes the slowdown problem and does not use any outside scripts or mods so i don't see any reason why this could cause problems. It probably does make your game modified but at least it fix a major show stopper bug.

EDIT: This makes your game ***modified*** you have been warned, but in my opinion getting rid of the lag is worth it just for losing the acheivements. Keep resetting every 10 missions or when see the lag.

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 05:13

Thanks for posting this fix! Made AP playable once again.

To the poster above, when you turn on the script editor with "Thereshallbewings" that always modifies x3 games.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 07:01

I've been looking for the post advising to do this but cant find it, do you have a link?

So if I do this the plot missions will be reset too? It's a shame i'm quite a long way through the plot but it's deteriorated to unplayable now unfortunately, so I may have to resort to doing the reset.

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 07:20

Axeface wrote:I've been looking for the post advising to do this but cant find it, do you have a link?

So if I do this the plot missions will be reset too? It's a shame i'm quite a long way through the plot but it's deteriorated to unplayable now unfortunately, so I may have to resort to doing the reset.
The plot is really short.. as long as you finish it, it wont reset. You will keep all your rewards and not get it again.

Meatcan

Post by Meatcan » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 02:56

This worked like a charm to get my frame rate back to normal, but I thought it just reset AP the plot, not removed it entirely :(

Now that I've reset mission director, is there a way to restart the AP plot?

Moizo
xr

Post by Moizo » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 06:52

So the AP plot if allready finished will not be affected by this?

What about generic missions/warmissions, will they be available after doing this?

EDIT 1: Think its been answered allready earlier in the topic..ill go and try it...if it screws up my laggy gameplay even more im coming back with a flamethrower! :wink:

EDIT 2: Wow, i actually laughed, i thought it would make Some diffirence but nothing like this...Awesome!

Meatcan

Post by Meatcan » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 23:17

I dont seem to have any warmissions or AP missions available after this. Sort of sad, so if anyone knows a way to re-initialise them please let me know!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 23:53

sneakbyte wrote:This should stickied as a temp fix on the tech support forum. Till egosoft release an official patch since you are not modifying the game files, it shouldn't cause any issues when the official patch is rolled out.
Wrong on all counts! The replies in this thread clearly demonstrate exactly why it is not stickied in Tech Support forum. This is not a fix, or even a workaround that is suitable for most people. The Reset option is there for people developing MD missions to use, and people should only use it to temporarily solve their performance issues if they really don't care about the savegame being marked as modified, the plot and all other active missions being potentially broken, and duplicate mission objects being left lying around all over the place.

The proper fix will be along this month and won't mess up your game, so unless you fall into the above category you should not use the Reset.

Astyrrean
x4

Post by Astyrrean » Tue, 21. May 13, 03:06

Hi CBJ,

Agree on your comment here.

Is the fix meant to be part of an update beyond 3.0?

As mentioned in this thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=336936, unfortunately the issue persists in 3.0, at least for myself.

Regards,

Filippo

PS
Sorry for resurrecting a really old thread - misread 2003 as 2013 instead of the year-old posting date!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 21. May 13, 08:47

Is the fix meant to be part of an update beyond 3.0?
The fix was already part of the update 1.1.

Since this is a rather old thread and before someone thinks using the MD reset is a valid solution to performance problems, I'm closing this topic. I suggest the discussion about your performance problems are continued in your newly created topic in the Technical forum.

*closed*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”