Help Picking Out My First M6 [AP]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Id13

Help Picking Out My First M6 [AP]

Post by Id13 » Thu, 31. May 12, 05:49

Not sure what to get. I want to get something not more than $15 Milllion. I'm looking at Split Dragon/Heavy Dragon, Skiron and Heavy Nemesis. Could someone help me choose and suggest a load out? Big investment for me at the time.

Thanks!

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Thu, 31. May 12, 06:30

i bought the skiron and used it to go about doing the terran plotline. which of course will net you "the best" (imo) m6. if u dont know what it is let it surprise you ^_^

Id13

Post by Id13 » Thu, 31. May 12, 06:49

I was aiming toward the Skiron. Not sure what to equip it with. Thinking PACs for turrets--not sure about the forward battery - HEPTs or CIGs maybe?

Sylthos
x3tc

Post by Sylthos » Thu, 31. May 12, 06:53

Why buy? :pirat:

In all seriousness, if I had to buy I'd go with the Skiron. You can get one from OTAS in Legend's Home.

I'd use CIGs up front and either PRGs or EBCs (which I prefer) everywhere else

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Thu, 31. May 12, 07:06

true enough @above post, but if you dont have the marines trained up yet (takes a long time) the skiron is still an excellent early choice and is worth the money. i loaded the turrets with pac for energy saving and the front with 6 hept and two ion disruptor (to capture fighters, which i capped a LOT of using this method). i had the 6 hept on weapon group 1 and the ID on weapon group two. alternatively a full loadout of hept still works wonders up until you get that m6 from terran missions i mentioned earlier ^^

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Thu, 31. May 12, 08:53

I avoid ships that don't have a decent cargo hold, because I like to jump around a bit before having to fetch new energy cells. So Heavy Nemesis, Nemesis, Heavy Dragon is right out.

That said: The Skiron is a fine choice. It is somewhat lacking in the rudder department, but it will do as a starter.

Neeros
x3tc

Post by Neeros » Thu, 31. May 12, 10:25

Dragon with plasma burst generators up front.

Fast and absolutely deadly at close range.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Thu, 31. May 12, 11:07

Neeros wrote:Dragon with plasma burst generators up front.

Fast and absolutely deadly at close range.
But you can have that with any M3 and PBGs as well.

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:10

Use PRG in the Skiron's turrets, they're better than PAC. However, the Skiron is probably one of the least manoeuvrable M6s in the game, so be prepared for that--you won't be dogfighting in one!

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:25

I personally use the Terran springblossom as my M6, the ship is faster than most fighters and the ones that can catch up to it can barely make a dent. Also using (P)SSC for my main gunes take care of most ships up to the Q quite fast while fitting the turrets with (E)EMPC for missile defense.

Id13

Post by Id13 » Thu, 31. May 12, 20:25

pjknibbs wrote:Use PRG in the Skiron's turrets, they're better than PAC. However, the Skiron is probably one of the least manoeuvrable M6s in the game, so be prepared for that--you won't be dogfighting in one!
What would be a better option for dogfighting?

Are the CIGs a good option at all for a skiron?

Also, now that I think about it, I would be willing to buy any of the more expensive m6s.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”