When can i expect M6's showing up?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

When can i expect M6's showing up?

Post by Damian Swift » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 21:13

I'm in a M3 doing combat missions and wondering when i'll encounter M6's or larger?

My current rank is Fighter Chief and all i'm getting is groups of M3's on missions

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 21:25

A lot of what you see on combat missions is down to the RNG. So basically when you take a mission there is a pool of numbers and different size ships take so many numbers. You could end up with 1 M7 and a few M5s or a load of M3s and nothing bigger. The difficulty of the mission also have an effect on how many larger ships will spawn. Try taking some combat missions around near Xenon sectors, you often get larger ships spawning on those missions. :wink:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: When can i expect M6's showing up?

Post by Nanook » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 21:30

Damian Swift wrote:I'm in a M3 doing combat missions and wondering when i'll encounter M6's or larger?

My current rank is Fighter Chief and all i'm getting is groups of M3's on missions
Probably pretty soon. As Simon pointed out, the Random Number Generator does have an effect, but your combat rank is high enough that you may be right on the edge of the RNG giving you some M6's. However, if you haven't seen any M8's yet, which generally come before M6's, you may have a little ways to go to get M6's.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 08:57

I think(not 100% sure) that your ship size also has an effect on the ones you get for enemies. I'm a bit upper in ranking than you, I don't know what's the name of that rank i'm on, and if I do combat missions, the easy ones still doesn't give me M6s. I usually do very hards for money anyways.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”