New player my questions:

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RinWin

New player my questions:

Post by RinWin » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:25

new player here.

Questions I have are.

1)how are your items stored? On your ship or do you have a bank on a space station - is it linked or do you have to return to the same station ?

2)Can we customize our ships or space stations at all? Faction colors or add custom flags to show off who they belong to?
2.2)Can stations be upgraded over time or just build them as they are?

3)Can we rename the ship we fly?

4)I don't know if this can be answered yet. I don't know how relations with the factions work. If I blow up a transport ship but no one sees me do it. Will the faction it belongs to still know it was me and be pissed about it?

thank you. game looks fun. can't wait to play.

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:28

1. Ships and stations have cargo space. You store your items there.

4. If no one saw you (or you've killed every witness), no or minimal reputation loss.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:31

All answers are taken from how X games worked in the past:

1)
There's no "bank" or something artificial like that but instead you have a cargo hold on your ship, transports for trading, lateron stations and possibly we'll be having an HQ as well. In old games you e.g. used to have a large transport to store your gear stocks.

2)
Customization options are unknown as of yet.

3)
Doubtful since both the ship as well as character names are tied to the story. In previous X games you could rename both though.

4)
As per several videos you have a standing with each faction, station, ship and even NPCs. Look up the videos in this forum for more details.

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:49

Just to expand a little on what's already been said.

1. There are two types of trading: the first is item trading - that's pretty much like say Skyrim and most games - you go up to someone and buy / find / steal something in a station or space and its held in your cargo hold. And then there's goods trading - where you instruct huge capital ships to pick up goods and sell them elsewhere, you'll often need to negotiate with people on stations and explore as much of the stations as possible to get the best price. I believe goods actually exist in game and not just in a menu like before - the idea is that nothing is spawned (within reason, they need a game that doesn't go into economic meltdown every five minutes like our real economy..).

2. Yes you can but not much is known about the mechanics of this. We know you build a station and then add units in a modular way with an architect doing the designing. This is detailed in the manual which was publicised on steam yesterday and that's pretty much all that's known.

3. We think not. It's intrinsic to the plot and many of the conversations refer to it by name which are of course just recordings by actors.

4. Think GTA except with factions. So, each faction has a "like him / hate him" meter where if they like you, you might enjoy trading concessions for example. If they are on attack on sight mode - then this won't last forever as you negative standing will deminish over time.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”