SotW - Screenshot of the Week

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theredman
x3tc

Post by theredman » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 06:54

Im almost positive the split and teladi are in the game. I thought i saw it in achievements but I cant see it there now. Im speculating the cool looking warship is split.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 07:00

theredman wrote:Im almost positive the split and teladi are in the game. I thought i saw it in achievements but I cant see it there now. Im speculating the cool looking warship is split.
The trading and mining video showed off what looked very much like a female Split, and the exploration video had an extremely Teladi-looking creature in it with an extremely Teladi-sounding name.

I think at this point they've been implicitly confirmed.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 09:18

A5PECT wrote:
theredman wrote:Im almost positive the split and teladi are in the game. I thought i saw it in achievements but I cant see it there now. Im speculating the cool looking warship is split.
The trading and mining video showed off what looked very much like a female Split, and the exploration video had an extremely Teladi-looking creature in it with an extremely Teladi-sounding name.

I think at this point they've been implicitly confirmed.
I think so. I presume they don't want to give too much away about this sort of thing (anyone notice how we've actually seen an uncharacteristically small number of ships? I can't believe there are only two or three capital ship types in the game) so that we can explore and find them out for ourselves.

Niemmy

Post by Niemmy » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 09:59

[ external image ]

Looks like a split frigate to me.

alexusvm
x4

Post by alexusvm » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 11:21

Theodorik
x3ap

Post by Theodorik » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 11:40

:(

Just a re-hash of another vid/photo.

Although it is nice to see the station environment that attaches to the solar array.
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who know binary,
And those who don't.

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 16:31

Niemmy wrote:[ external image ]

The explosions on this screenshot really look bad, at least on this screenshot.
They look a bit to much in 2d like you used to see in old games, i hope that its just this screenshot and that they look better in the game.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 17:04

Daisai wrote:

They look a bit to much in 2d like you used to see in old games, i hope that its just this screenshot and that they look better in the game.

Are you kidding me?
The explosions are FREAKING AMAZING.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 18:56

The explosions look bad because there are no explosions.

There's lots of burning and smoking, but nothing is actually in the process of exploding in that screenshot.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 19:00

A5PECT wrote:The explosions look bad because there are no explosions.

There's lots of burning and smoking, but nothing is actually in the process of exploding in that screenshot.
I meant the smoke & fire and stuff. It looks amazing.
And I saw some explosions in videos too. Yep, its stunning.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 19:25

they don't seem that special for me. And on videos it seemed a bit strange at some moment (when fire was quite visible as 2D texture and was sort of misplaced of what burned). But that doesn't matter. I expect from Rebirth to work. Not having AAA effects.

OT: this may not look epic either (but I definitely felt like that after tough battle :) ) but those explosions and smoke were fantastic

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 20:38

Alci wrote:they don't seem that special for me. And on videos it seemed a bit strange at some moment (when fire was quite visible as 2D texture and was sort of misplaced of what burned). But that doesn't matter. I expect from Rebirth to work. Not having AAA effects.

OT: this may not look epic either (but I definitely felt like that after tough battle :) ) but those explosions and smoke were fantastic
What game is that from?

GebürtigerTerraner
xr

Post by GebürtigerTerraner » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 20:48

imperium3 wrote:
Alci wrote:they don't seem that special for me. And on videos it seemed a bit strange at some moment (when fire was quite visible as 2D texture and was sort of misplaced of what burned). But that doesn't matter. I expect from Rebirth to work. Not having AAA effects.

What game is that from?
I think it is called Carrier Command.Still have one key for it somewhere.
It means nothing,its lika schamalamadingdong or give peace a chance!

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 20:56

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. Great concept, great freedom, terrible AI (sank the game in mainstream eyes who can't adapt, like "one ship" problem here), but it's good if you drive units manually like in action game and you are able to forgive few parts similar to Rebirth model quality :) (From Arma creators btw.)

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 00:59

They did wind up fixing the AI to a certain degree, however it was too late to save the game. The reviews were done, the publics mind made up.

Egosoft, thar be a precautionary tale.

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:04

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:
Daisai wrote:

Are you kidding me?
The explosions are FREAKING AMAZING.
I suggest you look a bit better then, because when you look at the screenshots they flames and everything look a bit to flat and not really that 3d you got in other games.

Anyway i hope im wrong, but we will find out in about 2 hours or so.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”