Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions in the manual = all?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 09:26

johncage wrote:the reivers, as their name suggests, are based on the border reivers in 14th and 15th century england, and possibly serve a similar function in the game, as mercenaries or marauders.
Nonsene, that just can't be. How'd we complain about it then ? :D

P.S.: Nice find !

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:43

Haysand wrote: I never implied there are 5 complexes in the game. 5 complexes per solar system.
which is still wrong and spacecoyote99 still corrected that

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:51

Alci wrote:
Haysand wrote:
I never implied there are 5 complexes in the game. 5 complexes per solar system.
which is still wrong and spacecoyote99 still corrected that
Yes and no.

The information is still not very clear and it will need to be verified once the game is out.

However, how it seems, the sector from X games remains the same thing, just the locations or objects within are now stretched over larger area connected via highways.

The sectors then are connected between each other via superhighways instead of gates.

As in one of the older threads was well described: "Local highways replace SETA".

Yet, I agree I failed there with expressing myself, even after the edit :-P

TinkerToy
x4

Post by TinkerToy » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:32

I'd be surprised if the total number of sectors was substantially less than previous X-games. The more compact design of game elements in Rebirth may even allow for substantially MORE sectors than were ever used before.

Just because they aren't all listed in the manual doesn't mean they're not there. I don't believe I've ever read a game manual that listed and/or described every single facet of the game.

After years of playing X-games, I'm more inclined to believe that EgoSoft are going for the "OMG, it's huge !" reaction from players after they've played the game for a few hours, rather than the "WTF, is this ALL there is ?" reaction :D

You can't surprise anyone if you describe the whole experience in intricate detail beforehand...

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:35

TinkerToy wrote:I'd be surprised if the total number of sectors was substantially less than previous X-games. The more compact design of game elements in Rebirth may even allow for substantially MORE sectors than were ever used before.
As per some interviews, the meaning of "sector" was redefined and it's pointless to even try to compare that term with previous X games. Instead, it makes more sense to talk about "playable universe size" or the like, which is said to be about the same as for X³AP.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:37

Neferdias wrote:
Xydonus wrote:Hoping there's more, otherwise thats a really poor lot of factions. I'm guessing there is more than what is listed, surely. Plus the manual does say it doesn't list them all, although says nothing about factions.

Also, The Reivers sound like a direct nod (or ripoff even) from Firefly Reavers. Even the line, "Over the passing years, the
frantic search became simple madness and the return to the stations nothing
more than piracy, pillaging and rape. Once, they may have been human;
while these creatures may still have that shape, nothing more remains."

O well, I was hoping for some more originality than that.
The Reavers... er Reivers... are a direct rip from the tv show... if you take the movie as cannon, then there's a minor difference but the premise for them in the game is practically identical.

and the Ancients are a rip from Stargate SG-1 ...

I was hoping after 7 years there would be a little more originality in their ideas... hell... I would have preferred if the Reivers were just a normal pirate faction.
You do relies that the Ancients have been part of the X Universe long before Rebirth right ?

besides, the ancients in the X-Universe are closer to the First Ones in Babylon 5 than in SG-1.

The ancients were first mentioned in SG-1 in 1999 (same year as X-BTF came out)

Deggial

Post by Deggial » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:39

What a poor "EXPLORE"-experience it would be, if everything you might discover would already be described in the manual!

C'mon, guys. THINK!

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:40

Deggial wrote:C'mon, guys. THINK!
Not happening in the forums, if at all most of the players save that for the actual game. :D

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:41

TinkerToy wrote:I'd be surprised if the total number of sectors was substantially less than previous X-games. The more compact design of game elements in Rebirth may even allow for substantially MORE sectors than were ever used before.
On the contrary.

2 solar systems with 4 sectors each are listed in manual. Somewhere here on these boards 2 other systems were confirmed so it is reasonable to assume there will be 4 solar systems total in Rebirth.

TinkerToy
x4

Post by TinkerToy » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:11

Haysand wrote:
On the contrary.

2 solar systems with 4 sectors each are listed in manual. Somewhere here on these boards 2 other systems were confirmed so it is reasonable to assume there will be 4 solar systems total in Rebirth.
There are only a handful of sectors mentioned by name in the X-3:TC manual, perhaps 10% of those that existed in the game.

The X-3:TC manual runs to 112 pages, so does that mean that Rebirth is only half as complex because its manual only has 50 pages ? :wink:

I imagine that in gameplay terms, the areas in Rebirth that are connected by "superhighways" will effectively feel like the sectors from the old X3 games. If you can only get there via superhighway or jumpgate, then there's no practical difference between the 2 mechanisms.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:12

TinkerToy wrote:The X-3:TC manual runs to 112 pages, so does that mean that Rebirth is only half as complex because its manual only has 50 pages ? :wink:
I'd rather hope that it means that the THINK portion of XR is larger.

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 13:07

TinkerToy wrote: The X-3:TC manual runs to 112 pages, so does that mean that Rebirth is only half as complex because its manual only has 50 pages ? :wink:
No, it means that TC was more/better descried than Rebirth.

Trying to make a point with fallacious logic does not work well.
TinkerToy wrote: I imagine that in gameplay terms, the areas in Rebirth that are connected by "superhighways" will effectively feel like the sectors from the old X3 games. If you can only get there via superhighway or jumpgate, then there's no practical difference between the 2 mechanisms.
Correct.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”