Anti-aliasing?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Loid
x3

Anti-aliasing?

Post by Loid » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 01:26

Not sure if I'm missing something here but the Anti-aliasing doesn't seem to be working. There's no difference to the jaggies regardless of 0x or 8x.

Is this some other form of Anti-aliasing being used here? It doesn't look very pretty on my system and doesn't lag too bad.

24in monitor @1080p
i7 3770K
8GB 1600Mhz RAN
Asus 560Ti 1Gb

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:29

make sure AA is set to use application settings in your driver control panel and then the game requires a restart for AA to be applied. I had AA maxed and got crappy fps, i turned it off and still got crappy fps, i restarted the game and AA was off.

Loid
x3

Post by Loid » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:39

myztkl-kev wrote:make sure AA is set to use application settings in your driver control panel and then the game requires a restart for AA to be applied. I had AA maxed and got crappy fps, i turned it off and still got crappy fps, i restarted the game and AA was off.
I'm an avid gamer but have never needed to use manual override in all my years of gaming. I did this in the NVidia control panel and it works, thanks!!

The game now runs at 12-15fps (as apposed to 50+fps) at 8x basic AA, so I think I'll go back to having it turned off until there's more optimisation.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:41

yeah, i can run BF4 on ultra with no AA and 50fps... one would think i could run this game maxed WITH aa. you know, being DX9 and all..

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”