Bug during "deliver the captain" mission, don't know if related.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

monsto

Bug during "deliver the captain" mission, don't know if related.

Post by monsto » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:49

I got a captain, went to my freighter (I forget it's name sorry.)

Docked with the freighter, got off the Skunk. Called the captain and said "Get your butt down here, slave. WORK. HARDER." or something to that effect.

<enter><5><5>

Entered the cockpit, except no animations played, beginning with walking thru the door instead of it opening. The chair didn't move, copilot didn't acknowledge my presence like normal.

When doing anything that requires the screen, it doesn't pop up. My view acts as if everythings copasetic, but nothing in the cockpit moves like it should.

Right then, I suddenly realized, i had black bars on the sides of my screen. I checked and saw my res was 1440 * 900 on a 16 * 9 screen. I had changed my resolution before this anomaly, but it was a significant time before... probably at least 4-5 mins. I went to 13*768 and thought I went back to 1600*900 but clearly not.

After all this, I saved the game and reloaded the save. problem persisted. decided to quit/restart, and upon quit, got the message about a dump being created.

Just sayin.

Last thing:
So people have been ruthless in their demand. I for one say ignore the haters. They gotta find something to hate.

Personally, so far my favorite part of the game was the logo screens . . . there's ONE. . . No EA crap, no NVidia crap, no nothin but the EGOSOFT logo. Apparently, the haters don't appreciate what that means. I do.

Go you and thanks.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:53

Were you still on board the skunk when you used Enter > 5 > 5 ? because walking through the door rather than it opening, and none of the other animations loading is the sign you've lots your screen. Apparently if that happens, using Enter > 5 > 5 again can fix it.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

monsto

Post by monsto » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:59

alright. . .

fuzzy, but I do also have the problem where when I go see the crew, I can't use the hand-panel to get back to the cockpit. I have to use the menu. But no, I was on the dock of the freighter.

Also, I came back to report that this problem is persistent in the save game. I will keep it in case someone wants it.

I'd love to get it out of there so I don't accidentally overwrite it. how do I do that?

[edit] ah ok found it.
It's at: c:\Users\<your login name>\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\10139341\save\

(The number before '\save\' may be different on your machine.)

I'll zip it together with the dump for sending to someone.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”