Egosoft - Please address joystick support

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

baylock
x4

Post by baylock » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:07

Thanx, still cant strafe, even assigned the letters in the wingman profiler.... still no go :(

And no bindings in the options for advanced targeting?? WTF??
Last edited by baylock on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

RogueAngyl
x3

Post by RogueAngyl » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:22

I'm using a ST290. It's a little simpler so I think that helps. My interpretation is that it's set up for a game pad control rather than a joystick.

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:26

RogueAngyl wrote:I'm using a ST290. It's a little simpler so I think that helps. My interpretation is that it's set up for a game pad control rather than a joystick.
Oh yeah, it's absolutely been designed with a game pad in mind. I'd rather chew on broken glass than use a xbox controller.

Makes me wonder if they weren't planning a console release from the start, but that's a subject for another thread...

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:40

Ottomic wrote: Please Egosoft, give us either the option to manually unbind EVERYTHING (so I can use XPadder and be done with it), or fix the goddamn Joystick support. From the looks of it you haven't even bothered to test the most widespread and used Joystick combinations nowadays. This is shameful.
Shameful indeed. I had a bad feeling when all the videos had the devs using xbox controllers, but I didn't expect this level of neglect for joysticks.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:53

leecarter wrote: Oh yeah, it's absolutely been designed with a game pad in mind.
I disagree--I tried using the game pad controls for a while last night (after my attempt to get my Saitek Cyborg Evo crashed and burned on the rocky shores of the FPS sections) and I was getting cramp in my left arm after less than an hour due to having to hold down the trigger all the time to go anywhere. If anything, this game has been designed for mouse and keyboard, because that's the only control scheme I can get to work properly!

(And before anyone asks or says it--no, I don't work for Egosoft, despite that badge to the left there; I'm a volunteer moderator).

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:59

pjknibbs wrote: I disagree--I tried using the game pad controls for a while last night (after my attempt to get my Saitek Cyborg Evo crashed and burned on the rocky shores of the FPS sections) and I was getting cramp in my left arm after less than an hour due to having to hold down the trigger all the time to go anywhere. If anything, this game has been designed for mouse and keyboard, because that's the only control scheme I can get to work properly!

(And before anyone asks or says it--no, I don't work for Egosoft, despite that badge to the left there; I'm a volunteer moderator).
Ahh, well I don't own one, I was going off of the number of mappable controls and that every dev video out there has them playing with a controller.

Anyway, all the more reason to get joystick support fixed.

Oh, and I like how you made sure no one thinks you're an Egosoft employee. :lol:

renaultf1fan5
x4

Post by renaultf1fan5 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:02

It's really disappointing that after all these years of development the game gets released with no joystick support. I can understand that the focus was on mouse and gamepad control in order to make the game more accessible, but I never expected the loyal fans who play space sims with a joystick to be purposely forgotten about.

=VG= OniBlood1986

Post by =VG= OniBlood1986 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:36

I want to be able to set my keys according to pitch up/pitch down, Roll right/left and set my triggers etc...

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:47

+1

No joystick support at all!? Are you kidding me? What were you thinking Egosoft? There doesn't seem to be a way to unmap controls when you make a mistake either. "Delete" just kicks you out of the menus.
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 09:19

Very Disappointed as well.

Unable to get my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (Force Feedback) to work properly. As another person already mentioned, this game has been entirely designed around mouse and keyboard game play with gamepad support but it appears Zilch support for good Joystick game play.

Killing the game for me.
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 09:22

They said this on the Steam Forums:

"- Joystick support: We are aware that joystick support (as opposed to gamepad) at this time is not perfect. We definitely will make this a priority for one of the next updates, but please allow a little time for this. "

Its the same as all the other responses, "give us time, we can patch it or something at a later date".

krait_daoc
x3tc

Post by krait_daoc » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 09:33

RWolf wrote:They said this on the Steam Forums:

"- Joystick support: We are aware that joystick support (as opposed to gamepad) at this time is not perfect. We definitely will make this a priority for one of the next updates, but please allow a little time for this. "

Its the same as all the other responses, "give us time, we can patch it or something at a later date".
It's the same response because Egosoft will fix the issues just like they always have done.

That being said though; the joystick support should have been working from the beginning. :)

Stuii

Post by Stuii » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 10:24

I'm jumping on this topic - Im having huge difficulties
The game wont allow me to bind the hats and I'm stuck using the throttle back to front

only a fluke attempt allowed me to bind the main trigger to 'shoot weapons'

I'm really looking forward to playing this - but only once gamepad mapping is replaced with the ability to map a hotas properly.

typhon
x3

Post by typhon » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:28

this is the same old problem as in XTC

do the following to fix for the X52

in steam do the following
find the game in the right menu and right click

select properties

select start-up /lunch options

add the following line

-ingnorejoy 9-13

and then you will find the 52 works perfectly

Darrosquall
x4

Post by Darrosquall » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:31

typhon wrote:this is the same old problem as in XTC

do the following to fix for the X52

in steam do the following
find the game in the right menu and right click

select properties

select start-up /lunch options

add the following line

-ingnorejoy 9-13

and then you will find the 52 works perfectly
and after that, I can bind X52 correcly?

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:33

We need definetly more configurations-options !

I'm a Mouse+Keyboard player and atm it's too complicated to control all the things.

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:26

I cant even use mouse flight as it wont stay selected and Cyborg is not happy either :(
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Liquidpinky
x3tc

Post by Liquidpinky » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:33

The mappings need to be freed up, if I want to use something stupid like the b button on my controller for rolling clockwise then let me.
Locking the d pad and no tophat for my joystick left me unable to even play, I hate the control options that are currently enforced upon the player at the moment and it has left me not even wanting to play (I would be playing right now if I did).

Enforcing certain axis for specific control sets is bad, let us decide for ourselves.

Also allow multiple button mappings, I can use the same button for multiple uses in other games and I am sure there a few occasions I could do it here as well, so again free this option up for the player.

The majority of us here want to play this game as it offers freedom, except it doesn't because the controls are enforced.

_YoYo_

Post by _YoYo_ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:04

I have problem like this:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=348183

Its impossible to save input if you have some than more 2 controllers :/ .

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”