Cant Buy Shield

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jaxxa

Cant Buy Shield

Post by jaxxa » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 06:13

I am at a mission where it was suggested that I buy a Shield.

I have found the Highlighted trader, Talked to Them, Selected Trade, Selected Buy Shields, Clicked on the Type that I want (And I have enough Money For).

But now the Slider bar is stuck all the way to the Left and I cant buy any of the shields. I have tried clicking and dragging, pressing the keyboard arrow keys and clicking the arrow on the right side of the bar.

But nothing is allowing me to buy these shields.

This really is game braking for me and I hope it is fixed ASAP.
If I am missing something simple please let me know.

jaxxa

Post by jaxxa » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:53

I found mention of this on a steam post with a dev asking for the saves to be emailed in "http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/disc ... 2263105014".

I figured I would post it here as well since I already made the topic.

I think I figured out what caused it, Having enough money to buy the shield after the discounts are applied, but not enough to have bought it without the discounts, still dosnt let you buy it.
Hey, I found someone who had posted the exact same bug I am having and figured I would report it too to try get it fixed.

Bug Report:
"- *SPOILER* Story mission: When I'm told to go to look for terran shield (talking to a NPC) I can't buy shields (set to 0, 10 available, but bar stuck on 0)."

And they hot the Response from a Dev of:
"- Buying shields (plot bug): Sounds like you just dont have enough money, or the shields dont fit? Did you try going to an enineer? What is the class name of the NPC you are talking to? If this persists, please send a ZIPPED savegame to info@egosoft.com"

I have gotten this bug persistently. So I am reporting it. I have enough money for one of the Shields (I have 81,609 and the Shields Cost: 68,040 or 62,370, have tried buying both). I am talking to the NPC "Mechanic, Susan Smith" as I was directed from the quest objectives.
Please find attached the Save File.
Jaxxa
I edited a version of the save file to have a lot of money and the bug has disappeared, allowing me to buy the shield.
It looks to me that something is not recognizing the discounts that we receive when deciding how many shields we are able to purchase, even if the after discount price is within our account limit.

I hope this helps you fix it.
Jaxxa

Flexray
x4

Post by Flexray » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 09:58

Yeah i can confirm that. I've spent a lot of time trying to reload just to buy this shield... I hope someone fixes discounts.

danleach
x3tc

Post by danleach » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 10:48

Same here, I never managed to buy the shield, and just had to carry on without it.
Wish my copilot would stop referring to it :)

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:09

I can also confirm this bug. I could only buy oneDashing SHield MK2. Does not let buy 2 even if I have the funds available. I had to keep using my old starter shield as the 2nd equip.

wolfpackmars2
x4

Post by wolfpackmars2 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:26

interesting...

My experience was that I was able to buy one shield. I thought it was a mission limitation - ie, they said I could have ONE terran shield, not two :P However, after buying the first one, I went back and spoke with the trader again and was able to buy the second.

I must have had just enough money to buy 1 at regular price, but not two at regular price. But, after buying the first one, still had enough money to buy one more at regular price. If that's the case, hopefully the devs should be able to pinpoint the offending code.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”