Crashdump + loading savegame + saving a savegame ,p)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eRe4s3r
xr

Crashdump + loading savegame + saving a savegame ,p)

Post by eRe4s3r » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:39

Yeah? I got both, do I get an achievement?

-----------

Crash while loading a game (freemode)

Crashdump here (mdmp/dmp)
http://filesmelt.com/dl/X_Rebirth_crash ... vegame.zip

-----------

Crash while saving the game (in campaign, 2 hours in, when the freighter/defense dude mission was)

Crashdump here (mdmp/dmp)
http://filesmelt.com/dl/X_Rebirthcrashdmp-and-mdmp.zip

-----------

This doesn't happen always, (Meaning I can usually save and load just fine!)
So take it and laugh at me for losing an hour of game progress... le sigh.

I don't think this is savegame related, because that savegame that crashed when loading loaded fine the second time and third time. But if it may be so anyway, tell me where to find em and I can upload them too.....

So basically, the game has a savegame corrupting bug. Because that crash while saving in campaign mode didn't just "not save" it deleted the save i was overwriting as well. Meaning.. i had to restart the entire campaign from scratch ~.~

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:42

Due to this precise scenario, i always use multiple save slots, only using F5 will only give you a quick save. I've got all 10 save slots filled, the quick save and the auto save. I basically do a manual save each new sector or if somethin 'big' has happened in game.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

eRe4s3r
xr

Post by eRe4s3r » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:47

Yeah, lesson learned. ^^

But do you seriously expect these kind of things? I haven't had a game crash while saving for quite a long long while now ;P Also in a typical "lol" moment, I fully expected the game to actually keep autosaves *every time* I entered a station... but apparently it doesn't do that. wee ;p

Basically, the loss of time was unlucky and my fault, but the crash while saving is inexcusable all the same.

What did the beta testers do again?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:12

The beta testers worked very, very hard. Any problems still in the game are not their fault.

Thanks for the uploaded data. We will look into the reported problems.

eRe4s3r
xr

Post by eRe4s3r » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:53

CBJ wrote:The beta testers worked very, very hard. Any problems still in the game are not their fault.

Thanks for the uploaded data. We will look into the reported problems.
Sorry for implying otherwise... as you can imagine losing your entire game progress on the first play is not good for the mood ;) Hopefully the bug that causes it can be fixed with the first update. (well, and performance ,p)

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”