Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kais58
x3tc

Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Post by kais58 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 01:21

I got stuck far out and don't have an earlier save, anyway to teleport or save scum to move my ship somewhere?

kais58
x3tc

Post by kais58 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 01:41

Basically, yeah, this is what it looks like http://i.imgur.com/vRktPD1.jpg
It looks like I'm right out by the background star map, some even look in front of me and I've had no luck so far figuring out which bit of my save is my position.

Prometheus2010
x3tc

Dumped into Empty Space

Post by Prometheus2010 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:03

I keep beeing dumped into empty space at different points of the game. I've only noted the last two times this happened in detail but it's getting annoying!

Both are during campaign mode:

1) when exiting a hyper gate. I was actually near max velocity but not quite. I may have bumped another ship.... but I ended up 420k from a gate (possibly further) in a region called empty space....

2)
Spoiler
Show
Completing the mission to meet at the rendeveux point to meet with Heart of Albion. The message started and i stopped the ship. The message contiues saying about how we have to hack somewhere or other and send a broadcast but before it finishes
I ended up in empty space again!

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:12

How did you get that far out?

Did you somehow manage to leave a super highway? If so, saying what happened might help the devs figure out how to stop it happening in the future.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Sibilantae
x3tc

Re: Dumped into Empty Space

Post by Sibilantae » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:33

Prometheus2010 wrote:I keep beeing dumped into empty space at different points of the game. I've only noted the last two times this happened in detail but it's getting annoying!

Both are during campaign mode:

1) when exiting a hyper gate. I was actually near max velocity but not quite. I may have bumped another ship.... but I ended up 420k from a gate (possibly further) in a region called empty space....

2)
Spoiler
Show
Completing the mission to meet at the rendeveux point to meet with Heart of Albion. The message started and i stopped the ship. The message contiues saying about how we have to hack somewhere or other and send a broadcast but before it finishes
I ended up in empty space again!
I had the same bug. I really like it, I must say, if only there a way to actually get back to civilization after being so dumped~
(Oh no, you forgot to close the parenthesis! Someone might get in!

kais58
x3tc

Post by kais58 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:37

anyone found a way back from this?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:41

Something similar happened to me when I left a superhighway (through its normal exit) when I was in the middle of changing the ship I was 'drifting' behind at the moment of my exit; I got flung out into deep, deep space. Big difference was that my space was super-buggy with weird stretched-out stars, expanses of flat black, etc - basically, the background bugged out, too.

Anyways, it was odd.

Rekalty
x4

Post by Rekalty » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:15

I ran into the exact same issue, though the game kept accelerating me for what must have been at least a minute. Ended up 4'270'850km from the nearest system. Given the distance, I just reloaded a savegame, lost an hour of gameplay. Image of the galaxy far far away:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/684 ... 8F3E431E2/

kais58
x3tc

Post by kais58 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:52

I dont have a save to go back to...restart time then

daemondai

Post by daemondai » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:36

I had exactly the same problem this morning. And I tried flying back to the mission waypoint, and the number wasn't going down. If it were, I'd probably have left it flying while afking to do other things.

vedacool
x4

Teleport to 1412956 km away from nearest checkpoint

Post by vedacool » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:32

Hi there... here is my problem

mission : albion rendezvous
next check point. : fly to cuspid splint

here the screenshot . any solution for this problem?

thanks in advance

http://i.imgur.com/0u1zd5J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/awN3uiR.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Unknnnnn
x3ap

Post by Unknnnnn » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:41

oh if the number not decreasing means you stuck in super highway - happened to me only it happened when I exited the highway.

Its a bug... Reload your save.

Its usually caused if you opened map in superhighway

vedacool
x4

Post by vedacool » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:44

Unknnnnn wrote:oh if the number not decreasing means you stuck in super highway - happened to me only it happened when I exited the highway.

Its a bug... Reload your save.

Its usually caused if you opened map in superhighway
ah... well burn 7 hour... need to replay it back... hemmm
zurakx wrote:
look on the bright side, at least you have Yisha's commentary to keep you occupied out there.
haha...

ataribaby

Exiting the super highway

Post by ataribaby » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:59

Hello,
I think blue highway can be interrupted by select crew and talk to crew during blue lane journey, they you are stuck in middle of way without possibility to resume journey. Just playing X Rebirth now and really enjoying it. I bet with all planed improvements and fixes it will be awesome.

I originaly sent this to info@egosoft.com but got this:

You message for <info@egosoft.com> from 2013/11/16 could not be delivered.
It's attached below.

Důvod / Reason:
---------------

5.0.0 smtp; 550-Your host 77.75.76.43 is in the blacklist at bl.spamcop.net:

Permanent Failure - Other or Undefined Status

I have @seznam.cz email host what is fairy common in .cz :o

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:07

We're investigating this already. We may or may not need them, but if you have savegames from just before it happened then uploading them somewhere and giving us links might help us track it down.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:18

We're aware of this and are working on it.

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:04

Happened to me often. My system doesn't beat the recommended specs (It does beat minimum specc), so I have FPS drops when arriving to a new location (Texture loading seems slow as hell on the game overally).

IF I arrive following another ship (Collision avoidance option is on) and at the landing "spot" there is a "train" of stopped ships... I'm "catapulted" far away to varied distances (The record was a 4.2 million kilometers "miss" ;) after a superhighway, but I have been "teleported" just 20km, for example).

So far this is what I do to avoid "catapults" and they never happened again:

- Exiting manually a Highway is safe, no problems here even with sudden FPS drops while following very fast ships.

- Exiting through the end of a Highway (or Super) I NEVER do it following another ship and when possible I use the corners of the 3x3 matrix (or the 5x5 in the case of the SUpers).

If I had to guess seems that the "Avoid collision" algorithm is meassuring distances during a FPS drop period and later is extrapolating the correction when FPS goes up (The typical division by a small number error amplyfication) which, ofc, can trigger an humongous final correction.

PlasticineDog
x4

Lost in space

Post by PlasticineDog » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:34

Last night when I decided it was time to stop playing and go to bed, I exited out of a highway, quicksaved my game, and then shut down. After loading the game up again I have come to discover that I am more than 10,000 KM away from the nearest sector. It's going to take me hours to fly back there. What can I do?
My nasty habit to quicksave all the time means that my next best save file would mean I lose more than 5 hours of game time.

To clarify - I didn't exit out of a regular highway halfway between zones. If I did, then the highway would be right next to me. Which it isn't. Setting a course for somewhere tells me the nearest highway is 10,000 KM off. And I distinctly remember there being ships and stations around me when I quicksaved. I was definitely within a zone when I quit.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:42

We're aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

TheHolyLancer

Superhighway Warped me into Empty Space

Post by TheHolyLancer » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 21:48

So I had taken a super highway and on the first exit, I got some random black screen with nothing working, I thought thats weird. Saved and came back and then found that I was in the middle of nowhere.

Granted, I had previous game saves to work with (and has actually just restarted since I was really early in the game), I just wanted to report it and hopefully let others know to save often and quicksave before jumping a super high way (and load if it screws up, not try to save and get back to that place).

This is the s/s of what I am talking about:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... 87A7D425A/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... DA3454E8C/

My system otherwise runs the game fine, although if I alt-tabbed too much the game slows down to a crawl (that loading screen when coming back from alt-tab seems to be broken) and has to be restarted and then it runs smooth as butter again. My specs is in the sig, its a saiger DTR from last gen with a 3d gen i7 and a 7970m (so think a desktop 7870+ or a 7950-) with hybrid crossfire that I forced to use the GPU for X:Rebirth for.
I7-3610QM
Radeon 7970M
16 GB DDR3

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”