Two Banned accounts in less than an hour

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johnfawkes

Two Banned accounts in less than an hour

Post by johnfawkes » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 10:37

Hello,
I feel extremely furious, why was my first registered forum account automatically banned after I tried to post in thread "post your average FPS in x Rebirth". The message came up: you have been identified as a spammer and thus banned.
I am sorry, what the hell?! I haven't been spammming or posting insulting comments, I was just trying to post my computer specs along with my screenshots that were uploaded to imgshack. First account name was jjfawkes and the 2nd I registered was johnnyfawkes, now this is the third.
I think this deserves and explanation as there is no reason for my account to be banned. I paid 50 euros for the game and I think I deserve to ask questions on forum I need to. Fix your forum please.

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:05

Hi John, no need to get so annoyed.

Try PMing a Moderator, instead of venting your frustration in here, I'm sure it'll achieve better results :)

You can see who moderates each forum from the main forum screen. You should see, for example:

X Rebirth Universe
General discussions about X Rebirth.
Note: Please do not post spoilers here.
Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Click on the link after "Moderator", for the forum you want, PM someone that's online and I'm sure they'll help you out.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:16

We're not intentionally banning legitimate users but we do have controls in place to stop the forum from being either spammed or swamped with request from automated crawlers. If you've run into those as a result of the heavy load on the forums since release, then you have our apologies, but without this protection the problem would be even worse.

Note that if you have problems accessing this forum due to the load, you can use the Steam forums instead.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”