[Script] Logain Industries Freight Distribution Network Lite (FDNL) v1 28/06/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 12:32

firestorm79 wrote:superb script! shame my CLS ships keep getting blown up whenever I jump IS and they get caught in the maze of factories!!

had a query though - I've set up tons and tons of Terran fabs in a particular sector. And FDNL is working fine on most of them. I've got wraiths, omegas, spectres, starbursts, etc etc all producing fine. However my two fusion beam cannon and PSP fabs never seem to have any resources! They are definitely connected via FDNL (I've checked like 10 times) - but they never seem to have any ecells or terran mre. I've added another solar PP XL and more terran food to the sector, but doesn't make any difference!!

Do I need even MORE resources, or is it just a bug??
Thanks,

Do you have a surplus of Ecells and MRE within the local sector?
It may be at the time they need and call for resource there is a shortage?

I think one issue for high end production is they require lots of resources but over a long production cycle.

I can certainly cheat in the same factories and test if you give me a list of you setup after I re-install X3.

FDN-L looks to work well with low to medium tech wares, low requirements and short production cycles. But unlike full FDN it's limited my the vanilla factories storage. This can be an issue....

One option would to incorporate the virtual storage from full FDN to FDN-L which if done against the factories would help with such storage bottle-necks.

I also need to have a look at the script just to double check how it all works..

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 14:19

Okay the script will only look at factories which can supply the required amount requested in full. Its very simple and doesn't have the complexity of FDN.

What I can do is update it so it takes what is available and keeps checking until it has either got the required amount or there are no more stations to check.

LA

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 17:55

Logain Abler wrote:Okay the script will only look at factories which can supply the required amount requested in full. Its very simple and doesn't have the complexity of FDN.

What I can do is update it so it takes what is available and keeps checking until it has either got the required amount or there are no more stations to check.

LA
this would be superb! thx LA

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 07:11

Ok, I am very interested in trying this script as I really dislike the setup process for connecting 500 factories via complex tubes. It's tedious and laggy.

I am using XRM and Cycrow's Plugin Manager.

When I look in the in game control configuration I do not see an option for FDNL menu.

Please advise when able on how to either correctly install so the hotkey appears as usual or how to add the hotkey manually.

From the above posts I'm thinking a manual installation is needed for XRM compatibility, but I am unsure as to which exact folder the particular scripts need to go in.

Cheers,
Ahddib
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 14:31

ahddib wrote:Ok, I am very interested in trying this script as I really dislike the setup process for connecting 500 factories via complex tubes. It's tedious and laggy.

When I look in the in game control configuration I do not see an option for FDNL menu.

Please advise when able on how to either correctly install so the hotkey appears as usual or how to add the hotkey manually.

From the above posts I'm thinking a manual installation is needed for XRM compatibility, but I am unsure as to which exact folder the particular scripts need to go in.

Cheers,
Ahddib
Plugin manager is often a bad method for using more than a couple of mods unless you know 100% they have zero conflicting files. Instead better to look at the mods and use a manual system.

The FDN stuff shows up in the plugin configuration screen. On your interface options scroll down all the way and assign a hotkey to it. There is sadlty no direct key for FDN but you will get FDN, PM, and DDN stuff show there if you have them.

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 20:46

feygan wrote:
ahddib wrote:Ok, I am very interested in trying this script as I really dislike the setup process for connecting 500 factories via complex tubes. It's tedious and laggy.

Cheers,
Ahddib
Plugin manager is often a bad method for using more than a couple of mods unless you know 100% they have zero conflicting files. Instead better to look at the mods and use a manual system.

The FDN stuff shows up in the plugin configuration screen. On your interface options scroll down all the way and assign a hotkey to it. There is sadlty no direct key for FDN but you will get FDN, PM, and DDN stuff show there if you have them.

Hey feygan, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure why, but I've manually placed the files from this mod in their folders and it didn't replace any others. I have script editor enabled and when I go in and search for the script (as I was going to make a hotkey script) they do not appear at all. This makes me think that they are not loading properly. I get the same results if I try to install via Plugin Manager.

Also, I am familiar with the plugin config menu, as I use it for the NPC Bailing addon because it's default bailing rate is stupid high. I turn it down to 1 lol. However this FDNL doesn't show up there, so there's something not working right and it's probably to do with installation as even the script editor doesn't see the script. Hmm

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 21:18

Can't think why it wouldn't work unless they are in the wrong folders, this version only has two file types so the T file goes in the X3/addon/T folder and everything else goes in X3/addon/scripts.

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 22:01

yeah, that's exactly where I have them.

OutsideTheNormalMoralCont

Post by OutsideTheNormalMoralCont » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 10:14

I'm having an issue with the energy cells vanishing from my Headquarters, is that possibly related to this despite it theoretically not interacting with the pHQ at all? Seems to stop when I hit all off for the sector, which is very bad...

OutsideTheNormalMoralCont

Post by OutsideTheNormalMoralCont » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 19:14

It's FDNL for sure, there is a workaround though. It'a apparently turned on/off with the 'all' buttons, so hit off all, and then turn everythign back on one by one.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”