[SCR][AP - XRM - BP 5.1.00] MDM with Delta Missiles *Updated - 01/09/2012*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rusky
x4

[SCR][AP - XRM - BP 5.1.00] MDM with Delta Missiles *Updated - 01/09/2012*

Post by rusky » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 21:49

If you enjoy XRM and like the utility of the Missile Defense Mosquito script from Lucike which is in the BP 5.1.00, but you also like playing Terran, you may have noticed that Paul created a special Mosquito missile for the Terrans, called the 'Delta' missile.
Unfortunately, this missile is not supported by the MDM Script in the Bonus Pack.

I did notice that Paul made the Terran ships compatible with the commonwealth mosquito as well but I still wanted to be able to use the terran missile with MDM so I made a very small patch to the script which allows it to recognize the Delta missile as well.

UPDATE: By popular demand I have also removed all missiles that were ignored by the MDM script.

[Download]

http://www.mediafire.com/?mae9qp49s8877ap

[Installation]

1) Go to your ...\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts folder
2) Cut these files and paste them in a backup folder:

plugin.missile.def.main.convoy.pck
plugin.missile.def.main.pck
plugin.missile.def.select.pck

3) Extract the 3 xml files from the archive to the ...\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts folder

[Usage]

When selecting MDM or MDM (C) from the additional ship commands, the script will now check to see which you have more of in cargo, Mosquitoes or Deltas, and select that as the MDM missile.

[NOTE] If you have both Mosquitoes and Deltas, when the missile being used runs out, the script will probably tell you that it has no more missiles. You will need to manually restart the script (from Additional Ship Commands) in order to switch to the other missile type.

[NOTE] If after installation, it still doesn't recognize the Delta missiles, try doing a Script Cache Reset from the script editor.

[Uninstall]

Delete these 3 files from your ...\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts folder:

plugin.missile.def.main.convoy.xml
plugin.missile.def.main.xml
plugin.missile.def.select.xml

and replace them with the ones you backed up.

Let me know if there are any issues, I didn't really test it much and I haven't done any X scripting since X2 so I may have broken something :D
Last edited by rusky on Sat, 1. Sep 12, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 22:22

You are a godsend! I was getting tired of having to salvage every little mossy missile i could find as a pure Terran player. :D

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 21:32

the other day i was just thinking how great it would be to have a MDM script that could use those Terran delta missiles (i was just firing them off manually at hostile missiles) and then i read this post.

Thanks, will definetely download it and try it out, i'm mostly doing Terran start lately so this comes very handy.

qwizzie

Edit : script works great in the short time i tested it so far .. thnks

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 16:01

Odd, so far i have not seen a single Delta missile being fired at incoming missiles.

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:26

If your ships were already running MDM before, make sure to cancel it and restart the MDM from Addition Ship Commands.
The MDM script only checks for the missile type when you start it, so if it was active before it'll only try to use Mosquitoes.

Otherwise the script is unchanged, and should use the Deltas exactly the same as the Mosquito.

Also consider trying a script cache reset from the script editor if nothing else works.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:28

rusky wrote:If your ships were already running MDM before, make sure to cancel it and restart the MDM from Addition Ship Commands.
The MDM script only checks for the missile type when you start it, so if it was active before it'll only try to use Mosquitoes.

Otherwise the script is unchanged, and should use the Deltas exactly the same as the Mosquito.

Also consider trying a script cache reset from the script editor if nothing else works.
I only started MDM on my personal ship after i bought 40 Delta missiles. 10 minutes later i got into a fight with a corvette and if it wasnt for my turrets i would have died, 0 Delta's were fired.

:(

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:50

I noticed, when I was looking in the MDM script that there are some missiles the MDM script ignores, perhaps you were shot with those.

They are:

Aurora Missile
Firefly Missile
Firelance Missile
Windstalker Missile
Wasp Missile

This is stock MDM behaviour though.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 19:03

rusky wrote:I noticed, when I was looking in the MDM script that there are some missiles the MDM script ignores, perhaps you were shot with those.

They are:

Aurora Missile
Firefly Missile
Firelance Missile
Windstalker Missile
Wasp Missile

This is stock MDM behaviour though.
That could have been the problem yeah. I thought it was a Typhoon coming my way but it could have been a stray Typhoon among Wasps.

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 12:40

Good work on this script!

My 10c: I think all of those apart from the Wasp are dumbfire missiles in X3AP which are very easy to avoid, hence not wasting a mosquito on them. XRM changes dumbfires to seeking missiles so I think it would be good to change the MDM script to allow for them.

I don't know why Wasp would have been ignored. That sounds more like an oversight.

I'd suggest removing those exceptions. This is an XRM script after all and XRM has rebalanced missiles. Time to rebalance our missile defences!
Proudly lurking since 2004

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 15:36

I removed the exceptions and added a small boost to the missile response range as (3k -> 5k for non huge ship and 10k -> 12k for huge ship).

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 02:16

Hello Rusky

Your updated MDM script for XRM is using the bonus pack version of MDM which is Version: 3.1.02 but there is a version on Lucikes page which is at version 3.2.02, which is 5 versions newer is it possible you could update your script to that version.

The script can be found here: http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=294

Thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”