Anybody Here Reached 100% RR W/ Terran/ATF in X3AP?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

Anybody Here Reached 100% RR W/ Terran/ATF in X3AP?

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 19:11

I realize I am opening up to mass criticism & ridicule but has anyone reached 100% race rank with the Terran & ATF in X3AP. Right now I am at 60% & climbing

Also if one of the official moderators here reads this & you feel that you do not want to divulge then please state so & send me a private message because I am trying to see if there is any other ships or tech that are allowed to be used or acquired. I think I have a working idea on what some of this tech is...
[" thank you "]

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 20:58

ed: whoops my bad. just did some extensive testing and my rank did in fact increase.

from 417,003 to 417,123 after a few "very hard' missions.
Last edited by Sinxar on Mon, 6. Jan 14, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 21:11

It doesn't freeze at top rank (TC or AP). It's just, your rewards get cut down to 1% of what they were previously. Also, rank 9 is 100,000 points to 333,333 points, and rank 10 is 333,334 to 1,000,000, so you need triple the points to get to 100%.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 21:28

Just checking to make sure you understand...

The percentage shown next to your rank is your progress towards the NEXT rank, not the overall progress.

If you mean to say you're 60% of the way through all the ranks (ie you're at Servant of Terra rank), then yes there's certainly several ships and such you have yet to access. I think you need Solar Sentinel/Operations Access rank to buy the ATF capitals.

If you mean to say you're already top rank Hero of Sol with 60%, you already have access to everything.

When you reach top rank, I think either the percentage gets frozen at whatever you happened to be when you reached that rank, or the progress is so insanely slow that it may as well be. It takes only maybe 2-3 Build/hard difficulty missions to get from Rank 9 to Rank 10. If rank 10 was only 3x more than rank 9, even a single Build mission should still yield a few percent worth of progress. But nope, not even 1% change.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 22:03

60% Hero of Sol
60% ATF Command Access

& with that being said then where are these Terran Orbital Lasers bought or made & why does it say a military base in Terran sectors can be used as a training base? Why are orbital defence & patrol stations not offered for sell? Can we buy them in another start scenario such as Aldran Adv? Then what's is the case with shipyards in Aldrin only selling a small variety of ships but no factories? Why so many unanswered questions & why things such as this aren't discussed more here only offers another source of bafflement for me
[" thank you "]

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 22:22

OniGanon wrote:When you reach top rank, I think either the percentage gets frozen at whatever you happened to be when you reached that rank, or the progress is so insanely slow that it may as well be. It takes only maybe 2-3 Build/hard difficulty missions to get from Rank 9 to Rank 10. If rank 10 was only 3x more than rank 9, even a single Build mission should still yield a few percent worth of progress. But nope, not even 1% change.
I just tested this to see if what ajax34i said is true, and it is as evidence from the Race Ranks script. Note the Argon rep. That is after a few 'very hard' missions. No % increase but it did numerically.

http://i.imgur.com/geXdeC7.png

(sorry if too wide, mod plz fix if it is)

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 22:36

Well I'm playing unmodified
X3 AP as Terran Cmdr
I do notice the % moving up even just 1 percent after some Xenon try to break through my laser tower blockade in Segaris. But I get the feeling that has to be more tech buried somewhere. I could be wrong, but oh well
[" thank you "]

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 23:11

Going to 100% rank 10 meaning from 333,333 to 1,000,000 is purely cosmetic :p Tho entirely possible. Gonar are probably the biggest pain in the arse then pirates followed by Yaki. One space fuel, space weed complex will max out your yaki rep just needs time. Probably will get some decent pirate rep from it too. Just toss it in senators badlands and forget about it.

Fyi all races/corporations follow exact same rules. Meaning pirates and yaki also have a hard cap of 1 million for their rep even if you don't see it. Yaki being the easier option since pirates can be hostile even at 1m rep.
Last edited by hisazul on Mon, 6. Jan 14, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 23:12

phantomrock2 wrote:60% Hero of Sol
60% ATF Command Access

& with that being said then where are these Terran Orbital Lasers bought or made
& why does it say a military base in Terran sectors can be used as a training base?
Why are orbital defence & patrol stations not offered for sell?
Can we buy them in another start scenario such as Aldran Adv?
Then what's is the case with shipyards in Aldrin only selling a small variety of ships but no factories?
Why so many unanswered questions & why things such as this aren't discussed more here only offers another source of bafflement for me
Orbital Lasers(Terran) and Weapons Platforms(CW) have never been for sale in vanilla versions.

The training bases are for your marines. Terran has at least one.
In the CW area, some pirate stations, a certain Split EQ dock and some other stations can be used to train your marines.

Again some stations are only for sale in a modded game,not vanilla.

Aldrin was cut off from Terra, and it had a deal with the CPU ship to protect the region from enemies.Thus it did not need a wide variety of ships.
But when re-united,a nearby sector established a station where you could buy stations for yourself.

many of your "unanswered" questions can be learned by reading the guides or playing earlier plots in other X games.

I have played since X2.
I have read all the relevant info from previous games and parts of Reunion, which i did not complete, and read the X-Encyclopedia,(came free with Superbox) so most of the story I understand,as far as gameplay is concerned.

Most truly "unanswered" questions are about lore,rather than gameplay.

Buying or acquiring stations and ships that are not available in vanila can be sorted via the s/m forum

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 23:20

TTD wrote:
phantomrock2 wrote:60% Hero of Sol
60% ATF Command Access

& with that being said then where are these Terran Orbital Lasers bought or made
& why does it say a military base in Terran sectors can be used as a training base?
Why are orbital defence & patrol stations not offered for sell?
Can we buy them in another start scenario such as Aldran Adv?
Then what's is the case with shipyards in Aldrin only selling a small variety of ships but no factories?
Why so many unanswered questions & why things such as this aren't discussed more here only offers another source of bafflement for me
Orbital Lasers(Terran) and Weapons Platforms(CW) have never been for sale in vanilla versions.

The training bases are for your marines. Terran has at least one.
In the CW area, some pirate stations, a certain Split EQ dock and some other stations can be used to train your marines.

Again some stations are only for sale in a modded game,not vanilla.

Aldrin was cut off from Terra, and it had a deal with the CPU ship to protect the region from enemies.Thus it did not need a wide variety f ships.
But when re-united,a nearby sector established a station where you could buy stations for yourself.

many of your "unanswered" questions can be learned by reading the guides or playing earlier plots in other X games.

I have played since X2.
I have read all the relevant info from previous games and parts of Reunion,so most of the story I understand,as far as gameplay is concerned.

Most truly "unanswered" questions are about lore,rather than gameplay.

Buying or acquiring stations and ships that are not available in vanila can be sorted via the s/m forum
In AP only stations you can't acquire are military bases, shipyards, trading docks(sort of... they are technically same thing as equipment docks in a way) and stock exchanges. Plasma burst generators and incendiary bomb launcher forges can either be captured when yaki TL is hauling one to be build(pray to the GOD engine after blowing them all up and have massive amount of satellites) or side with yaki though plots and they will sell you PBG and IBL forges. Military bases/trading docks/shipyards and stock exchanges on the other hand... you can't buy them nor can you capture them... or at least I never once seen them transported. There are of course unique looking equipment docks and a bunch of terran factories but that just looks.

On marine training subject you can also train them at stock exchange stations. :P With terrans... even tho I always play on terran side I still get confused by whats "equipment dock" and whats "military base". :roll:
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 10:59

I remember looking in the S&M forum section & was amazed at how many very nice MODS are there. So I tried some out & some would render game with some unwanted effects such Kh'ak Mammoths to just name one. I went on to email someone here at Egosoft about why some of these mods here are not incorporated. I was told that it can be copyright issues which also leaves wondering.

My viewpoint is this... Ok Egosoft is the is the place where all this code started right? So if I take some of the code & make some modification to it its not really mine but still belongs to Egosoft right. I will say this, I am not the foremost authority on some of this here but I just don't see how this can be. It would be the same as working with NOT AT Microsoft it's their code even though you made some nice mods to it it's still there's in the end. Shoot I don't know...
[" thank you "]

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:27

There's probably some kind of legal problem involved in making money off the work of people who aren't actually in your employ.

Some mods do get officially 'signed' and incorporated into the Bonus Packs for each game though.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:59

phantomrock2 wrote:My viewpoint is this... Ok Egosoft is the is the place where all this code started right? So if I take some of the code & make some modification to it its not really mine but still belongs to Egosoft right. I will say this, I am not the foremost authority on some of this here but I just don't see how this can be. It would be the same as working with NOT AT Microsoft it's their code even though you made some nice mods to it it's still there's in the end. Shoot I don't know...
While that does make sense it is only partially true. The modders are not working with Egosoft. They are writing the code from scratch (in most cases) as a sort of plugin. The bonus pack is a bit different because the scripts are submitted to Egosoft and all rights are forfeit (you could look around the L3+ area for the post about script submission... at least I think that is where it was).

For example, say you write an addon for Google Chrome. Google cannot claim your work as theirs even though it requires Chrome to function. If you give/sell your plugin to Google to be integrated directly into the browser, you have no rights to it anymore.

However it did not stop Egosoft from using the Terran HQ model without permission though, they didn't even give him a 'thank you' until after the fact. I put that down to wires getting crossed somewhere in the pipe. I can't imagine they would do it on purpose.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 12:11

phantomrock2 wrote:I remember looking in the S&M forum section & was amazed at how many very nice MODS are there. So I tried some out & some would render game with some unwanted effects such Kh'ak Mammoths
Kha'ak Mammoths would be due to an incorrectly-installed mod. :) . No mod has that as a side-effect (when properly installed).

The larger problem with incorporating mods into the vanilla game is getting agreement on exactly what should be incorporated. EgoSoft prefers to keep the vanilla game quite basic. If you want more depth in your game then, as you say, there are very nice scripts and mods on the S&M forum.

Both choices (vanilla or scripts and mods) are available to all players. The choice is up to the player.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 20:44

The other problem too is that some mods and scripts clash...also causing unwanted side effects.

As it stands, the player gets to choose what combinations of scripts and mods he wants for his style of play.

Not everyone wants the Pirates more aggressive, for example.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”