X3 AP...XRM..Cadius Ship Pack..adding back ship(s)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

norusdog

X3 AP...XRM..Cadius Ship Pack..adding back ship(s)

Post by norusdog » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 03:41

I love XRM but I was really disappointed to see the Longsword and Longsword MK2 taken out of Cadius's ship pack in XRM. (they're the Normandy SR1 and SR2 from Mass Effect for those that don't know)

I'd like some direction on how to go about adding them back in and modifying them to fit more with the altered ships in XRM.

thanks in advance

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 21:08

-Open the tship in xtra mod
-go to both longsword's entry (should be under usc)
-switch to model tab, write down the location of the ship's scene file
-go to xtra mod .cat's objects/ships folder, find those scene files and their model folder (the scene file is usually 1 folder above the model folder), copy them into either a new cat or extract them out
-extract a copy of xrm's tship and put it into the new cat(under types/tship for XRM TC, or addon/types/tship for AP)
-go back to xtra's tship, on the left field, right click on longswords' entry and choose "copy"
-to go xrm's tship(the one you extracted), on the left field, right click, choose "paste to the end"
-make minor adjustment on the ship's stat according to personal choice(the Cadius's ship speed is a bit slow compare to the same class ship in XRM), save
-pour everything you pulled out into 1 cat, give it the highest number

So all in all, the new cat fake patch should have the following structures:

Code: Select all

addon\types\tship (if you want to add the ship to ap xrm)
objects\ships\Cadius\USC\M7_longsword\hull & safty_net
objects\ships\Cadius\USC\M7_longsword_scene
objects\ships\tenk\terran_m6_tenk & terran_m6_tenk_scene
types\tship(for TC xrm)
[/b]

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Sat, 2. May 15, 12:18

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to do a similar thing, so I didn't think it would be necessary to start a new thread.

I'm trying to add the two Longswords from Cadius' ship pack into XRM, but for Terran Conflict.

I followed the above instructions, created a new .CAT and gave it the highest number, but I can't see the ships in game.

I loaded up the X3 Editor again, reloaded the game data then opened the TShips file from the VFS. It was the standard file from the XRM mod. So I opened my .CAT file in the editor and loaded the TShips file there, to find it had the Longswords.

The VFS isn't reading from the .CAT file that I created, and I don't know why.

I created the .CAT file in the X2 Editor by opening the CAT Manager and creating a new .CAT file there. Then I extracted the ship and effects files corresponding to both Longswords from Cadius' Xtra ship pack into a seperate folder. I also extracted the TShips file from XRM. Once I'd made my changes to the XRM Tships file and the directories were the same as above, I dragged the new objects and types folders into the .CAT file that was open in X2 Editor.

The first time I tried this, it worked without issue. However, I hadn't used an objects folder. So I created one, put the effects and ships folders in there then tried again. I got an error message saying the TShips had to be from a certain list, or something like that, but clicking on Retry allowed it to go through. The TShips file was in it's own types folder.

Maybe that was the issue, but I don't know what to do about it.

I've done all sorts of searches here and on Google, but I can't really find anything to help.

These are the directories of the files that I've taken from Cadius ship pack:

Code: Select all

objects\effects\engines\Normandy_eng1
objects\effects\engines\Normandy_eng2
objects\effects\engines\Normandy2_eng1
objects\effects\engines\Normandy2_eng2

objects\ships\Cadius\USC\M7_Longsword_scene
objects\ships\Cadius\USC\M7 Longsword\hull

objects\ships\tenk\safety_net
objects\ships\tenk\terran_m6_tenk
objects\ships\tenk\terran_m6_tenk_scene
I also have types\TShip, using the TShip.txt taken from XRM.

Could anyone maybe offer advice please? I'd be very happy and grateful.

EDIT

Thought I'd give an update on my experimenting in case someone else wants to do this in the future.

After trying again, I realised something was wrong with that TShips file when I added it to the .CAT. So I made a new .CAT, dragged only the objects directory into it and renumbered it. Then I opened up the XRM TShips in X3 Editor and added the Longsword entries there, then saved it as .txt file in the types folder of the main installation.

I got the Longswords, though I had to use Cycrows cheat package to spawn them.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. May 15, 10:23

Another way to do this would be to use the Ship Extraction wizard in the Plugin Manager Creator.

This extracts all the required files from a mod and builds an XSP file that you can then install into your game

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Fri, 8. May 15, 12:19

I didn't know about that. I suppose it would be a good idea to learn about all features of the programs I use. :oops:

Thanks. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”