[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 00:41

Hi there thanks it works I didn't realise you had to be -5

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 08:30

There is a "Declare War on Sector Owner" button in the STO menu somewhere, i think that does it.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 20:32

Does this work with XTC 2.0? Without breaking any plots there?

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 23:24

I have a clean XRM install

Attempting to copy the scripts into the folder gives me warnings that its trying to overwrite files.

Its supposed to be XRM compatible so I'm not sure how to proceed (It's been a while since I dabbed in X modding, so I've forgotten what to do) i.e do I allow overwrite or not?

Also this is for AP but instructions are not clear on if I should add the files to the TC section or the addon section.

Thanks

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 03:13

Legionos wrote:I have a clean XRM install

Attempting to copy the scripts into the folder gives me warnings that its trying to overwrite files.

Its supposed to be XRM compatible so I'm not sure how to proceed (It's been a while since I dabbed in X modding, so I've forgotten what to do) i.e do I allow overwrite or not?

Also this is for AP but instructions are not clear on if I should add the files to the TC section or the addon section.

Thanks
Its fine to overwrite. You will want to put them in the AP folder too. One thing to note as an XRM user:

XRM handles trading stations differently. In XRM they are considered HQs so this script doesnt recognize that they are trade stations.

Use the cheat scripts and cheat in a trading station. The station you want has a volume of 15000 not 15001 which is the XRM version.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 14:28

joelR wrote:
Its fine to overwrite. You will want to put them in the AP folder too. One thing to note as an XRM user:

XRM handles trading stations differently. In XRM they are considered HQs so this script doesnt recognize that they are trade stations.

Use the cheat scripts and cheat in a trading station. The station you want has a volume of 15000 not 15001 which is the XRM version.
Thankyou kind sir

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 19:16

Having new issues with STO and XRM, can't takeover sectors anymore because the latest XRM does not allow your rank to go below -4. STO seems to want your rank to be -5 to be able to take a sector.

Anyone have any quick fixes for this? Used to work with the older XRM scripts, XRM must have changed the ranking stuff recently.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 19:40

russbo wrote:Having new issues with STO and XRM, can't takeover sectors anymore because the latest XRM does not allow your rank to go below -4. STO seems to want your rank to be -5 to be able to take a sector.

Anyone have any quick fixes for this? Used to work with the older XRM scripts, XRM must have changed the ranking stuff recently.
Try the cheat scripts?

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 01:35

For some reason, the cheat script stops at -4 also. Can't drop it lower than that. I think XRM resets the rankings for some reason.

Anywhere in the STO files can a change be made???

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 06:41

russbo wrote:For some reason, the cheat script stops at -4 also. Can't drop it lower than that. I think XRM resets the rankings for some reason.

Anywhere in the STO files can a change be made???
XRM doesn't mess with reputations. You must have something else running in your game. Im an XRM user with STO and I dont have this issue

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 06:58

That's why it worked before I rebuilt my game and added IEX and Lost Colony.

I'll have to look at those.. Thanks!

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 07:02

That's why it worked before I rebuilt my game and added IEX and Lost Colony.

I'll have to look at those.. Thanks!

These are my cat / dat files

03 steam update
04 steam update 3.1
05 IE 1.1
06 IEX 1.5a
07 XRM 1
08 XRM 2
09 XRMi
10 XRM Hull Low
11 LostColony201 XRM
12 LoCo Patch
13 cockpit
14 immersive gui hud
15 docking ware

Scripts: Phanon, abandoned ship spawner, global friend foe upgrade, OK traders.
(and NPC bail, salvage command, cheat, all of Lucikes stuff, some of the oldies but goodies, things which never affected this sort of thing in the past)

See anything that might cause this???

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 14:43

Trickmov wrote:Update.

STO 1.54

Changelog:

- Smaller changes to the NPC-population-function for not-STO-sectors (for scripts like RSM)
- new function in the general options. As the pirate rank cannot be seen in the game directly, it's very difficult to get to rank=-5 to overtake sectors of this (and other races). Thus there is now a new option visible, when the sector-owner is not unkown and the rank of the player at this race is higher than -5, "declare war to sector-owner", which sets the rank directly to -5. Thus you don't need to kill enemies for hours ;)

Russbo......maybe this will make it clearer....

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:42

I'm using STO 1.57, so I guess it's the same. I did do the declare war thing and it didn't change my ranking.

I'll try it again, and, "transmit to all properties" Forgot to do that before...

Thanks!

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 09:20

0o0o0 wrote:I'm having trouble with this script. It worked fine for a while with no problems adn then all of the sudden it will not spawn new stations. if I drop a station its fine and the station remains but if I change ownership of the station to any other race other than mine it is instantly deleted. This happens when I start a brand new game also. It only happens in sectors that I have claimed. Anyone having trouble like this or know how I can fix it?
I am having the exact same problem as you are. Did you manage to fix it?

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 12:19

Trying to use this script in X3:AP 3.1.
X_Studio Compiler found this:
"Unable to merge the supplementary language file 'addon\t\7410-L044.xml' with the game data"
Is that conflict means that I cannot use this script in my game?
Is that compatible with X3:AP? Did somebody tested it?

Also I am very interested in the fresh script that could replace this one - all I need is to claim xenon sector with spawn suppresion and rename unknown sectors.
For example Improved Races 2.0 do not stop xenon spawn in claimed sectors.

EDIT. X-Studio couldn't open 7410-L044.xml
report:
Unexpexted text '//morale after takeover ' was detected on the line 214 of 7410-L044.xml
I am not a programmer and I do not understand what it means. Is it critical error that could makes game crash/freez or it is just a minor (read-text) error and I can use this script in my game? Or mayby I can fix it editing few symbols?

Programmers please help me!

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 12. Sep 15, 22:15

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/Mn7QGnFr/file.html

New temporary link. Many of txu hosted links have expired :/
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Siigari
x4

Post by Siigari » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 10:59

Yo. I'd like to use this mod wih XRM. I read the compatibility note (it's apparently compatible) but the owner doesn't support this mod anymore?

How can I install this, and would it mess up my current saves?
I USE XRM - my post questions and comments revolve around it!

Core i7 3770k / Twin EVGA 770 GTX / 16 GB G.Skill RAM / OCZ Agility 120 GB SSD / Triple Asus MX279H 27" LED / Asus Xonar Essence STX / Mionix Naos 7200 | Mionix Zibal 60

Kaunit

Post by Kaunit » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 14:12

Siigari wrote:Yo. I'd like to use this mod wih XRM. I read the compatibility note (it's apparently compatible) but the owner doesn't support this mod anymore?

Actually, it doesn't really work with the mod in its current state. The STO script checks for "docks" type or the specific PHQ station to trigger the sector takeover, but XRM did change all vanilla docks (trading stations, equipment docks, etc.) to be "HQs" types instead. Which means that the only station to trigger the takeover is the Player Headquarter.

HOWEVER X2-Illuminatus was friendly enough to change the script to also include HQ types (which would actually have been the better solution from the very beginning of STO, IMHO). No guarantee that the script doesn't **** up anything (it's basically Illuminatus' own homebrewn variant) but so far, I haven't found any problems with it. It goes without saying that you should probably back up your saves regardless, just in case.
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Kaunit wrote:Doesn't STO no longer work with XRM, due to its script checking for Trading Docks, while the purchaseable docks in XRM are all HQ-types, script-wise?
I made a simple change to STO some time ago, changing the object class check from trading dock to normal "docks", and from what I remember it did work. I couldn't find the files, so I made the (hopefully right) changes again.

Download from mediafire.com

(The zip archive contains the current STO version 1.57 with 7 seven changed script files, which is why I incremented the version number to 1.58.)

I only had the chance to do a short test in vanilla X3TC. While it did work - building an Argon Equipment in an Unknown sector, the sector was mine after a few seconds -, I would suggest to make a backup of your savegames, before installing this version to an XRM installation.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 17:02

Kaunit wrote:
Siigari wrote:Yo. I'd like to use this mod wih XRM. I read the compatibility note (it's apparently compatible) but the owner doesn't support this mod anymore?

Actually, it doesn't really work with the mod in its current state. The STO script checks for "docks" type or the specific PHQ station to trigger the sector takeover, but XRM did change all vanilla docks (trading stations, equipment docks, etc.) to be "HQs" types instead. Which means that the only station to trigger the takeover is the Player Headquarter.

HOWEVER X2-Illuminatus was friendly enough to change the script to also include HQ types (which would actually have been the better solution from the very beginning of STO, IMHO). No guarantee that the script doesn't **** up anything (it's basically Illuminatus' own homebrewn variant) but so far, I haven't found any problems with it. It goes without saying that you should probably back up your saves regardless, just in case.
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Kaunit wrote:Doesn't STO no longer work with XRM, due to its script checking for Trading Docks, while the purchaseable docks in XRM are all HQ-types, script-wise?
I made a simple change to STO some time ago, changing the object class check from trading dock to normal "docks", and from what I remember it did work. I couldn't find the files, so I made the (hopefully right) changes again.

Download from mediafire.com

(The zip archive contains the current STO version 1.57 with 7 seven changed script files, which is why I incremented the version number to 1.58.)

I only had the chance to do a short test in vanilla X3TC. While it did work - building an Argon Equipment in an Unknown sector, the sector was mine after a few seconds -, I would suggest to make a backup of your savegames, before installing this version to an XRM installation.
That zip file contains a scripts and a "to be changed" folder with more scripts.

The scripts in the "to be changed" folder are identical to the ones in "scripts". So, which ones are the fixed ones?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”