Wierd problem in Patriarch's Retreat / Cho's Defeat

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Wierd problem in Patriarch's Retreat / Cho's Defeat

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 10:10

I have a problem in these two sectors: Everything is invisible: Ships (including playership), stations, asteroids, gates, crates, EVERYTHING!
Suns and Planets ARE visible, but no starfield (black background)
I assume some conflict, but it is strange, that this problem occurs only in the two named sectors. I have been in 100 or so other sectors, and there are no anomalities.

Game: TCv3.2

Here a few of the mods I use, of that I *think* they could have something to do with this issue. I do not list all, because I do not think that some pure script mods are able to do such a kind of behaviour:
XRM
IEX
IE
Cycrow Cheat Package
Abandoned Ship Spawner
M.A.R.S.
Change Sector Size (already reset everything to default size)
Holy Asteroids Mod
No AdSign Mod
No Floating Icons
Deactivate Mission Guidance
XChange Guild Portals
Advanced Complex Hub MK2

*EDIT*
Starting a new game with all mods I have installed, then unrevealing all sectors with the cheat script and jumping to Patriarch's Retreat: Everything OK?!!? I don't get it.
The one big planet in the sector is grey when I start the new game, in my running game it is green!
Destroying every ship and station in Patriarch's Retreat made no difference. My ship remains invisible.

*EDIT*
!BUSTED! :D
The problem was a TBackgrounds file in the types folder inside fo the game folder. It increases the view distance and I got it from here.
Obviously, it is not compatible with XRM or IE.

REMEMBER: TBackgrounds eventually leads to invisible objects!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”