Problem with Modded Game X3 AP 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Skip266
x3tc

Problem with Modded Game X3 AP 3.1

Post by Skip266 » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 18:42

Steam X3AP English 3.1

I am having an issue with a modded version of the game. I have been unable to get downloaded scripts to function properly. I had been running the game with many scripts but since i have run into this problem I have limited it to just one SCS 4.07 (Salvage command suite). When I use the Cycrow plugin to install the SPK everything function properly. But when I go into the game and start a new Argon Peacekeeper Game start certain options that are suppose to appear do not. This was happening with all Mods I had installed. The main issue That i have noticed is that when I press SHIFT-C to bring up the command menu the "Special" command menu that comes with the Mod does not appear. However i can still assign a key binding to bring it up. Other mods however do not which is why i am using SCS to try and fix the problem. What I am worried about is that I don't know which scripts and mods work and which do not.

I am unable to remember how long this problem has been present.

Can someone please help I have scoured the fourms for a long time and found nothing i could relate it to within them. I have done multiple installations but it has not helped.

<DxDiag Removed>

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 21:54

I have removed the DxDiag and moved this to the X3AP S&M forum where you will no doubt be asked to give more information about the scripts you have and which vanilla ones are missing. It may be that you are then directed to repost in the appropriate mod/script threads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Skip266
x3tc

Post by Skip266 » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 21:56

Thank you, I am new to the posts here but a long time player and I just want to get the game back in working order.

Once again Cheers

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 02:19

Have you double checked to make sure you have the correct upgrades installed for the mod commands to appear? For example, if the command requires trade command mk 2 software, did you double check to make sure you had trade command 2 in your new start? Or if its special command, did you have Special Command Software Mk1 installed on the ship you were running the command? Also keep in mind not all commands will appear on all types of ships. Some are limited to only certain classes or sizes of ships.

Skip266
x3tc

Post by Skip266 » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 02:27

I have played with this mod on other computers and in the mod it says and speaking for past experience the Salvage command suite Mk1 is given to you free when you install the mod for the first time. And if you are using a new game start then it come pre installed on your first ship. The Special command should be in the shift C menu. More over when I start the new game it says that the SCS is loaded and I even get the detect crate function. It gives me a run down of the number of the sectors and the number of ships loaded.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 02:45

Have you activated the script editor in the new game? Many scripts, even those loaded with the plugin manager, require the script editor to be activated before they will run. And each new game start has the SE disabled by default.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Skip266
x3tc

Post by Skip266 » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 02:50

No change when i do it. I have tried many times renaming the pilot But still to no avail.

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 15:19

Hi there,

I think the upgrade is floating in a crate near you ship at game start, and you choose on which ship to instal for 2 ship game starts like humble merchant.

P.S.
You must first pick it up for install and use.

Skip266
x3tc

Post by Skip266 » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 15:57

I have never played with the humble merchant. And I have always checked my freight and seen the salvage command suite there.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 04:11

I can 2nd what Jerry said, If you have the latest version of SCS then yes the software is in a crate close by your playership now rather than being installed by default.

Skip266
x3tc

Post by Skip266 » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 19:33

I am running 4.07 not the latest version out as that one is the beta version

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”