indestructible asteroid script or asteroid respawn script albion prelude??

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mandsup
x4

indestructible asteroid script or asteroid respawn script albion prelude??

Post by mandsup » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 01:18

can any one help me ? I'm desperatly looking for a mod or script that makes destroyed asteroids respawn in albion prelude or for an indestructible asteroid script/mod
I just installed XRM and with all the extra fights allot of asteroids get destroyed, every time I see that happen I'm thinking ''damn there goes another complex opertunity :( '' and then I reload.
can any one make me one or teach me how to make it or show me where to find it ?
help is much apreciated

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 03:00

*** Moved from XR Scripts and modding ***
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 03:50

I could be wrong, but I thought that asteroids *do* respawn in AP. IIRC, the only way to permanently destroy an asteroid is to build a mine on it then destroy the mine.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:08

I think some of the confusion about AP asteroid re-spawning has to do with differences in behavior based on how the asteroid is destroyed.

1) If you hit an asteroid with a mobile drillling system then it won't respawn in AP. Easy to test, I cleaned out a Nividium roid in a certain sector a few weeks back and I went there just now to double check and its still gone. I've seen this before though so I know it won't come back.

2) If you kill an asteroid via a script command (i.e. $roid -> destruct) then it will respawn unless you first called $roid -> disable ship rebuild.

I think its worth considering that asteroids could respawn if it is killed by an NPC. I suspect that they do. Kind of a pain to make it happen though in a controlled test, but I'll see if I can find out for certain.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:13

zanzal wrote:1) If you hit an asteroid with a mobile drillling system then it won't respawn in AP. Easy to test, I cleaned out a Nividium roid in a certain sector a few weeks back and I went there just now to double check and its still gone. I've seen this before though so I know it won't come back.
was this asteroid script/mission-spawned by chance? because hitting them with MDS is the same as destroying via script technically
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 05:46

I am speaking from experience. In past AP games I wiped out 90% of the Kuiper belt, mobile mined it for days none of it ever respawned, but when I started working on my Drone Mining script I had the chance to do even more testing so that is how I know you have to explicitly disable re-spawn when destroying an asteroid via script.

What it came down too was that Asteroids can't be shot and killed OOS by weapon or missile. There is no OOS asteroid busting logic in the game; so to simulate the effect of asteroid busting OOS you have to destroy the object directly and spawn a debris field at the same location.. Imagine my annoyance when the asteroid I destroyed respawned amidst its own debris field (The respawn was very quick I might add since I was out of sector).

So those are two things I know from experience playing the game with the most recent version. I've not tested killing asteroids with missiles so I have no idea about asteroid respawn if the player shoots one with a missile or under other conditions, but I'm going to attempt to test to find out if enemy missiles will permanently kill one or if it just respawns when the player leaves the sector.. I will report back if I can find an answer.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 06:07

I think we may have to go the indestructible asteroid route. I am not seeing a fast respawn on this asteroid that just got took out by a Pirate Medium Weapons Platform. That doesn't mean it won't respawn after a while, but knowing that not respawning is normal behavior then it may be making it indestructible is the next best thing. I have an idea so I'll see what I can do ;)

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 06:52

This is probably not the cleanest way to do this:

Asteroid Protector AL Plugin

Basically it just disables collisions on asteroids when it is on. Not perfect, but atleast you won't have to worry about losing one in a random skirmish. Turn off the plugin if you want to blow one up intentionally.

License is CC-BY-SA Version 4.0 international - absolutely no warranties, etc, etc.

mandsup
x4

Post by mandsup » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 16:18

wow awesome, I wasnt expecting this much replies in such a short time period. I have to be honest I'm not sure either if asteroids respawn or not. it's just that when I searched for it I found allot of people saying that asteroids do respawn in X3TC but not in X3AP so i jumped to the conclussion that they were right.
thanks for the script but will disabling collision on asteroids mean that i will be able to fly trough them?? (dont really need answer since im going to test it)
I also read some where that in order to destroy an asteroid the weapon/missile should do an XX amount of damage in order to destroy it (except for the MDS).
if that is true can't that value just be set to a higher ammount which no wep comes close to?
again, wow u guys are awesome and thanks, so many replies :D

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 18:58

Yes, that's the downside, you can fly right through one, but I think it is safer than trying to respawn any asteroids that get killed and cleanup debris, etc.

I doubt you'll want to break your immersion by intentionally doing that, so hopefully it is a better alternative to loading everytime an asteroid breaks.. You can always pretend you died and load everytime you fly through an asteroid ;)

mandsup
x4

Post by mandsup » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 22:01

I can't seem to run your script I probably need X plugin manager but I'm having issues with it, otherwise it's a nice temporary solution you got there :D
it would make sense to remove the abbillity of any weapon / objects to destroy or interact with the asteroid except for the mobile drilling system, but I'm at a loss about where to search for the properties of asteroids or any objects for that matter in the files. can any one advise a program that can look into the files that I currently can't look into? I'm dead serrious about making a mod myself even tho I have no experience with it.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 02:50

If the plugin manager lite isn't working its probably because you've not set your install to modified mode. If you install the AL plugin manually and your game isn't already modified the AL plugin won't run at all until you activate script editor, save, and reload.

Good luck pursuing the more perfect solution. You'll probably need to look at using MD script to achieve truly indestructible asteroids. Unless I overlooked the MCSI command to set an object invulnerable, turning collision off was the next best option I could find using only MCSI.

mandsup
x4

Post by mandsup » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 14:26

can You help me fix the X plugin manager issue
I have? I've posted a new thread for it in the hopes some one came with a magic sollutions but got nothing yet.
more details are here
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”