How to remove the console overlay on load screens ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

How to remove the console overlay on load screens ?

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 05:45

I did an update of steam yesterday, and it seems to have completely reinstalled TC and AP in their entitiety. I've no idea why it did that, but 6gb downloads wasnt appreciated !

Then on running AP I find this overlay of console instructions over the load screens. Since I wont be seen dead with a console on a pc,

How do I remove this annoying overlay ?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 07:21

In the initial start dialog, click the "Input Device" button. Uncheck the checkbox on that page for "Display Controller Layout".

Say, speaking of Australia, how many ski slopes are there in Australia? I just saw an Olympic skier who was pretty good on the mogul runs, and she was from Australia, which kind of surprised me. I don't think of it as being a big ski country.

Although they do have a ski slope in Dubai, so I guess than anything is possible.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 07:26

DrBullwinkle wrote:In the initial start dialog, click the "Input Device" button. Uncheck the checkbox on that page for "Display Controller Layout".
Didnt think of that. Will look for it.
Say, speaking of Australia, how many ski slopes are there in Australia? I just saw an Olympic skier who was pretty good on the mogul runs, and she was from Australia, which kind of surprised me. I don't think of it as being a big ski country.
One big hill with a few slopes on it. Some years they have to make most of the snow, but its a tourist ski spot all the same.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 07:40

DrBullwinkle wrote:In the initial start dialog, click the "Input Device" button. Uncheck the checkbox on that page for "Display Controller Layout".
Hey thanks for that. Was just crusing by and seen this tibit of info!

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 14:16

There is one mod that removes those and adds old AP ones before Shady Business unfortinetly i forgot where i DLed it xD.
But im 100 % sure its in Cycrow's list.

Here's that mod, all credits to the author:

No Gamepad Instructions Load Screens

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 14. Feb 14, 07:54

NighTragE wrote:There is one mod that removes those and adds old AP ones before Shady Business unfortinetly i forgot where i DLed it xD.
But im 100 % sure its in Cycrow's list.

Here's that mod, all credits to the author:

No Gamepad Instructions Load Screens
Seem like that is using a nuke when a simple mouse click would do. It is in the options as stated above and removes the overlay.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 02:14

6 major ski areas in Aus, pretty average snow, but I've not skied anywhere else lol.

Funny thing is.... The winter Olympics atm has Australian snow, I.e. warm and slushy.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”