NPC Finder script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JonE74

NPC Finder script

Post by JonE74 » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 12:50

Hi All,

I've been having a look over the scripts for something that will list the locations of all NPCs but couldn't see anything. I'm in the Breaking Grounds plot in AP and the mission guidance is disabled so I have no way of knowing where one of the randomly placed NPCs is.

Solution seems to be to have a script list the NPCs...

Any advice?

Many thanks

Jon

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 13:02

Can you not just enable the mission guidance for the mission? I haven't done that one yet so I don't know if you can or not, but it's worth a shot. :)

JonE74

Post by JonE74 » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 13:26

Sadly not - this is a bug whereby once it's off you can't turn it on again.

The Activate guidance text is greyed out. :(

So only option seems to be getting a script to find out where the character is (Uckman something or other)

Post by Guest » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 23:27

... you have to write a MD-script if you want some infos about the plot objects
// but i don´t have AP installed so i can´t tell you anything about writing that ^^

JonE74

Post by JonE74 » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 19:09

Thanks I'll look into that

Cheers

Jon

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 20:14

Do you have a high difficulty level ?
Maybe you lower it and you can activate guidance then ?

JonE74

Post by JonE74 » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 20:16

No sadly not - normal difficulty. I'm just trying a reinstall hoping that the guidance issue will be fixed going back in and that it isn't connected to the save game. If I cant figure it then that's it on the game for me.... :(

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 23:37

You should be aware that not all missions give you guidance to the NPC ships. It's considered part of the mission to figure out where they are. I don't know if that's the case here, but it is in at least a couple of others, notably in TC during the Terran plot. Check the mission briefing and the pilot's log for more info.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 05:23

Except for the request for a script, this question is about a vanilla plot so it could be reworded as a question in the Universe forum where it will get more answers.

Or ask Dillpickle, because he wrote Breaking Grounds.

I do not think it is a bug, although I do not know the reason for not giving the player a hint about where the NPC is.

If I recall correctly, the NPC usually remains wherever he gave you the mission in the first place. You just have to remember where that was.

JonE74

Post by JonE74 » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 08:45

This is the uckmanckamstras character that you need to get some cartography chips from. From what I have read this problem appeared before in the same place with no resolution at the time - hence my idea of using a work around.

The character in question didn't appear before in the plot so you have to question if he could literally be everywhere - even the refinement of which type of station he is on would help :)

I'll try asking Dillpickle - thanks for that suggestion :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”