Problem with modded ships' names

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xenogray
x4

Problem with modded ships' names

Post by Xenogray » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 19:12

Hello everyone !

I dedided to play X3:TC again some time ago and also decided to add a few mods.
I found an old Star Wars mod i was using with AP and added it to TC. It was working well the first time (no problem at all) then i added a few others scripts and mods (like XRM and Apricot's mapping mod). The star wars ships were now named as "ReadText xxxxx" They still can be seen in game but the name seems to have disappear for some reason. Is there a way to get the original names back ? By editing the mod itself or adding "t" files or something ?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 04:06

You should be more specific about which mod(s) you installed, and ask how to add ships to XRM in the XRM thread.

If your added ships have .xsp files, then you might have a chance at an automated installation. If not, then you will have to learn how to merge TShips files and add the models and scenes separately. If your mod has Components or Dummy files, then you will have to dig a bit to get them merged properly with XRM.

There is a beta update for PM which may help with merging .xsp's with XRM. Whether or not the update works, the problem (and several solutions) are discussed in that thread.

In any case, XRM should be your starting point.

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 14:41

Thanks for the answer :)

Exactly, i added this mod to XRM : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ff&start=0, they are not xsp ships since they are not compatible with XRM.

The mod installed are :
- XRM
- The Star Wars one
- Apricot Mapping Services (but deactivated, causes a CTD right on launch)
- I think there is also Multi Galaxy Mod that has been overwritten by XRM because i had it before.

The problem may be coming by the mods overlapping each other. How many .cat and .dat files are there in vanilla TC ?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 20:44

Xenogray wrote:they are not xsp ships since they are not compatible with XRM.
I have not tested it myself, but I do not think that is true. See the link that I posted above about .xsp's in XRM.

The problem may be coming by the mods overlapping each other.
Yes, probably.

How many .cat and .dat files are there in vanilla TC ?
13 the last time I checked, but that was a couple of years ago.

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 23:46

DrBullwinkle wrote:I have not tested it myself, but I do not think that is true. See the link that I posted above about .xsp's in XRM.
I am quite sure you're right but it was stated in the XRM topic that they are not compatible.

13 the last time I checked, but that was a couple of years ago.
Alright, i'll try that. I'll delete all the fake patchs i made and try with only what i need.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”