[SCR] Missile Safety (v1.12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 20:09

Hello

First sorry for resurrection such an old topic.
My question are:
I've just installed yours missile safety script and find few readtexts (readtext35-3540, readtext35-3544, readtext35-3546 - those come from my memory). I was searching the forum and find out that they should be in tfile 0001, but they are don't.
I was searching some more and find out that it came from script "!plugin.gz.missile.def.mk3.menu.pck". So my question are: what texts there should be (I will add it by myself if needed)? Or delete this script?

Edit: Ohh I forgot to mention - I am using latest X3AP.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 21:05

Apparently your language (35) is missing a few text entries.

What you could do is to unpack the T-files from the last few (highest numbers) CAT files, starting low, and overwriting them as you unpack the higher number CAT files.

Then you look into the english language (44) t-file and copy the missing entries to the matching category in the file for your language.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 22:16

Well

I've installed this script even in Vanilla game and got readtexts.
I've opened 04, 03, 02, 01.dats in vanilla game (I have another copies for modding purposes) and didn't find text id 3542 (and others) in 0001.pck (I've checked 44, 49 and 48 languages).
Now I am downloading new copy of X3AP and will recheck 0001.pck.

I will write what have found.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 00:35

Hello

So I have downloaded a fresh copy from steam and guess what? After installing only your script, readtext35-3540 and friends still exists in turret command menu.
Like before I've checked 0001-L044, 049 and 048, page Id 35, 300035, 350035 and 380035 for this missing id's.

Sorry for bothering you so much but I really want to use your script.

Yinepuhotep
x4

"Enter number of missile volleys"

Post by Yinepuhotep » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 19:30

The AP version of this script is a dream. It does everything advertised, and has saved me from being blown up more times than I can count.

The TC version, on the other hand, I have been forced to uninstall, because - even when I delete everything in my TC folder and download a fresh copy from Steam, then install ONLY this script, it causes http://www.macmanusnet.net/2013-12-13_00002.jpg to appear every ten seconds or so, from the moment I launch my game until I shut the game down as unplayable.

It's really disappointing, because I would LOVE to rely on this script in TC the way I do in AP, but I don't know enough about debugging scripts to be able to do more than find the script that broke my game and disable or uninstall it. (And in this case, it was weird enough that I was completely lost until Dr. Bullwinkle told me he'd had the same problem himself.)

x3

Post by 46852 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 10:46

EDITED: forget what I wrote previously... deleted it away because I mixed pageID <=> textID.

But anyway, I have this same readText too, readText35-3540 error means that the game can't find pageID=35, textID=3540. It has nothing to do with language, because I can't find this in any of my AP .cat files. 01.cat has textIDs ranging 35xx on pageID=35, but there are no textID=354x texts.

I guess Gazz is just missing a text file that's supposed to come with the mod?

!plugin.gz.missile.def.mk3.menu.xml has these parts that call the missing texts 35-3540, 35-3542, 35-3544 and 35-3546 ($Page=35). Something to do with attacking shields?

Code: Select all

* Weapons free / Hold  during  Attack Shields
  $Dummy1 = read text: page=$Page id=3540
  add custom menu heading to array $Menu.arr: title=$Dummy1
  $Dummy1 = read text: page=$Page id=3542
  $Dummy2 = $Turret.Script.Setup.arr[4]
  do if $Dummy2
    $Dummy1 = sprintf: pageid=$Page textid=3544, $Dummy2, null, null, null, null
  $Dummy1 = sprintf: fmt='    %s', $Dummy1, null, null, null, null
  add custom menu item to array $Menu.arr: text=$Dummy1 returnvalue='shield.attack'

........................clip.....................................

else if $Menu.Return == 'shield.attack'
    $Dummy1 = read text: page=$Page id=3546
    $Dummy1 = null -> get user input: type=Number, title=$Dummy1
    skip if is datatype[ $Dummy1 ] == DATATYPE_INT
      $Dummy1 = 0
    do if $Dummy1 < 1 OR $Dummy1 > 99
      $Dummy1 = null
    $Turret.Script.Setup.arr[4] = $Dummy1
[/code]

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 15:56

Hi,

I decided to try out the AI improvements, and, like some others, have readtext 35-3540 in turret configuration menu. I checked all my \t files and found no such entry. It is apparently caused by this mod (thank you google for easying my search) where there is no \t file.

Please, fix this issue, or at least tell us what text is supposed to be there, so we can understand what option it is and use your script to its full potential.

Vojta

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 13:39

willypokorny wrote:I decided to try out the AI improvements, and, like some others, have readtext 35-3540 in turret configuration menu. I checked all my \t files and found no such entry. It is apparently caused by this mod (thank you google for easying my search) where there is no \t file.
Are you sure the issue arises from this mod? Because it does not have any language entries.
Go to your /t folder in the game folder and search for a .xml file with 3540 in it's name. Open the file in notepad++, if you find it. Then post your result here.

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 17:03

Nicoman35 wrote:
willypokorny wrote:I decided to try out the AI improvements, and, like some others, have readtext 35-3540 in turret configuration menu. I checked all my \t files and found no such entry. It is apparently caused by this mod (thank you google for easying my search) where there is no \t file.
Are you sure the issue arises from this mod? Because it does not have any language entries.
Go to your /t folder in the game folder and search for a .xml file with 3540 in it's name. Open the file in notepad++, if you find it. Then post your result here.
As stated before, the 35-3540 bear no reference to the name of the FILE. It is the ID of the given (missing) text, 35 being the page ID and 3540 being the text ID.

In X3 Editor 2, when loading the plugin "Text Resource Editor", the program displays all text entries from all files in catalogues and \t folder. This way you can take a look at all text pages and text entries for the game. ALL OF THEM. There is no text entry ID 3540 in the text page ID 35. There is no entry between 3538-3550.

As 46852 wrote in a previous post, one of the "new" scripts uses these texts. Currently nonexistent texts.
* Weapons free / Hold during Attack Shields
$Dummy1 = read text: page=$Page id=3540
add custom menu heading to array $Menu.arr: title=$Dummy1
$Dummy1 = read text: page=$Page id=3542
$Dummy2 = $Turret.Script.Setup.arr[4]
do if $Dummy2
$Dummy1 = sprintf: pageid=$Page textid=3544, $Dummy2, null, null, null, null
$Dummy1 = sprintf: fmt=' %s', $Dummy1, null, null, null, null
add custom menu item to array $Menu.arr: text=$Dummy1 returnvalue='shield.attack'
[/img]

ophion
x3tc

Post by ophion » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 21:11

not to ressurect this or to reply but

someone might come here.

make sure you enabled the script editor

change your name to Thereshallbewings save reload

hope this helps

i had this with mars readtext in al settings before activation

greetz oph

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”