Two minor questions:

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Two minor questions:

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 19:11

Okay, this may sound stupid, but it's just something I wanted to ask, given the release of X-Rebirth, and the--interesting results it's generating (I want to stay as far away from that as possible, thank you).

I am almost finished building a new computer, possibly a month away. In that period of time, save for what naturally sloughs off because filesharing sites go bonk, are there any plans to outright remove mods for X3 off of the website here?

And then, secondly, are mods for TC generally compatible with AP? I've been thinking back and forth about getting AP for a long time, since it's basically TC with a lot of things fixed and improved--but there are a LOT of mods that I like in TC, and don't think that they all have updated versions for AP.
Argon Explorer

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 20:45

Mods for previous games are still on this board, so I would not worry about them suddenly disappearing.

Almost all TC scripts work unchanged in AP. The few exceptions are clearly stated in their threads; either in the OP or in the last few pages of the thread. Scripts that do not work usually cause no harm, so just try whatever you want to use in your game. Be brave. :)

Mods can be more troublesome, but many popular TC mods have been updated for AP; sometimes by others than the original author. Again, check the OP and the last few pages of the thread.

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 23:10

Thanks Bullwinkle--when I get my computer built I'll experiment and see what works, and what doesn't.
Argon Explorer

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 23:48

Just to clarify, the mods and scripts aren't actually on this forum. There are threads about those mods and scripts linking to sites where the authors have put them for download. The threads on this forum won't disappear, but the downloads might unless the authors of those scripts and mods maintain them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 09:10

One of the signs of getting old: You stick to the same forum (and play the same games) for more then a decade :roll:
*sigh*

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 18:15

Nicoman35 wrote:One of the signs of getting old: You stick to the same forum (and play the same games) for more then a decade :roll:
*sigh*
Whats wrong with that!? You find something you enjoy and keep playing it.

(of course turning 60 this year doesn't help :oops: )

(Alright you whippersnappers, keep off my spacelanes!!) :P
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”