Any mod with Shield Hit effect?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-XeNoN-
x4

Any mod with Shield Hit effect?

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 14:50

Same as title, is there any mod that adds Shield effect when it get hit?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 17:33

there is, not sure if its available in english though ( :P ) - if the need should arise i can do some short translations ;)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=343816
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 23:49

That is AWESOME

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 12:21

From that German Mod I am using the AP (latest) test version in my game, works and looks great!
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 13:09

@ anyone who knows:

As the topic is in German, I am cautious about installing this and finding out later I want to uninstall it. Will I have any issues if that's the case? There appears to be an batch file for deletion of scripts after turning off the AL plugin, and it's easy to remove the cat/dats. I want to try it out but am wary of missing a step if I decide to delete it.

I checked out a few videos but I wonder another thing. Do the shield effects go away once your shields are down?

I also noticed in the videos that shots still impact the hull graphically. I suppose that can't be changed, but I've always wanted shield effects similar to Star Trek (where the weapon hits and disperses it energy upon the shield rather than the hull).

There does seem to be a shield effect of a sort in X3 already, in the form of a blue flash upon projectile impact on the hull, but I find it is often clipped out and not visible.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 14:59

I am just shortly using this mod to see what's about, and the thing I saw was that after the shields of a K were down no more shield-effects were shown, which seems logical to me. So that's a yes for shield-effects not there when shields are down, at least as far as I have seen.
Small ships are not effected or have no shieldeffect with the testversion I am using for AP.
For using any mod, I allways extract the scripts etc in a different directory for that specific mod, so when after I installed it in my game directory, I can allways recall which scripts I should remove later on. But for overriding existing scripts I am very cautious, usually I back-up those scripts before doing so.
This specific german mod, for me the ap test-version, doesn't override any existing scripts, so it's easy to remove those scripts even without the batch file for deletion (just remember or use my method for those installed scripts).
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 19:07

builder680 wrote:I also noticed in the videos that shots still impact the hull graphically. I suppose that can't be changed, but I've always wanted shield effects similar to Star Trek (where the weapon hits and disperses it energy upon the shield rather than the hull).
technical limitation: the Shield is a seperate Object which is created when an Impact is registered and if the Bullets would hit this Object the Damage wouldnt be passed to the Ship itself
builder680 wrote:There does seem to be a shield effect of a sort in X3 already, in the form of a blue flash upon projectile impact on the hull, but I find it is often clipped out and not visible.
thats the Impact effect of PACs probably
PDouma39 wrote:I am just shortly using this mod to see what's about, and the thing I saw was that after the shields of a K were down no more shield-effects were shown, which seems logical to me. So that's a yes for shield-effects not there when shields are down, at least as far as I have seen.
that was one of the first things implemented right after the positioning of the Shields in space ;) (long before the first public Version was available ^^ )
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 21:28

UniTrader wrote:
builder680 wrote:There does seem to be a shield effect of a sort in X3 already, in the form of a blue flash upon projectile impact on the hull, but I find it is often clipped out and not visible.
thats the Impact effect of PACs probably
Howdy UniTrader,

It isn't PAC's. Get up REALLY close to something big (like a station) and shoot it with a variety of weapons. A flat surface is probably best. If the target has shields, and depending on the angle, there should be a blue shield effect flash on impact (in addition to any effect the weapon itself has). As I said though, it's frequently hidden due to clipping. Play around with it, you'll see it.

It would be interesting to be able to increase this effect in increments of 2x, 3x, 4x... 10x, etc... to see what it would look like. But I doubt that's something easy to do.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”