Simple modding question - I hope so.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Simple modding question - I hope so.

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 15:40

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I read through the modding 101 and some others in the stickies, but couldn't find the answer. How do you make a station available to purchase?

I run through the Tfactories, but all I could make of it is that each station has a set value, even thou not all of them can be bought. I do not know what to make of it really. Anyone can help me out in here?
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 16:14

you have to add them via MCSI or MD to the Shipyard. here the Code for MSCI:

Code: Select all

$stationtype = YOUR STATION (TYPE)
$Shipyard ->  add product to Factory or Dock: $stationtype
$Shipyard -> add 1 units of $stationtype
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 15:38

Hmm... As I am a rookie in scripting, can you point me to the place where I can find the values to write in YOUR STATION (TYPE)? Is it Tfactories or Twares?

I just want to add IBL (and maybe PBG) Forge into at least one Argon shipyard. As long as the player owned versions use Space Fuel as a resource. If they use food of a diferent race, they should belong to their shipyard.

I managed to open the script editor (huray) and check some of the scripts present, but I do not want to mess up with anything in the game, so could anyone point me in the right direction?
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 16:13

<retvar/IF><expression>

and select a Station Type (not Object) as the only input for <expression>
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 21:34

You don't need to write your own script, Lea... the Cheat Package can do it for you.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 21:46

DrBullwinkle wrote:You don't need to write your own script, Lea... the Cheat Package can do it for you.
Now I am feeling really stupid... For my defence I can only say, it's the first time I go modiffied.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 21:47

Don't feel bad. We were all new at one time or another. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”